Holy Moly@ I like guacamole?

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
I'm 50 years old, and never really liked guacamole. I even worked in a Mexican restaurant where people LOVED the guacamole, and I didn't really like it..... I never hated it, but definitely didn't like it. Since January of this year, I absolutely LOVE guacamole..... I have no idea how that happened at age 50.

Do you like it?

Right now, I am actually finding hard not to eat it..... I might be pregnant. :noway: :bigsmile:

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love avocado and making guac out of it. Such a healthy fat and delicious.
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 years old, and never really liked guacamole. I even worked in a Mexican restaurant where people LOVED the guacamole, and I didn't really like it..... I never hated it, but definitely didn't like it. Since January of this year, I absolutely LOVE guacamole..... I have no idea how that happened at age 50.

Do you like it?

Right now, I am actually finding hard not to eat it..... I might be pregnant. :noway: :bigsmile:

That's quite odd. I'm 32 years old. NEVER EVER cared for avocado or guacamole. Same thing as you, in January, for some reason, I became OBSESSED and IN LOVE with it. I eat it almost EVERY DANG DAY! It's crazy. Definitely not pregnant, but I never thought I'd be so in love wtih avocados. Very weird.
  • creatureofthewind
    Options
    Me too! When they got it at my work (wendy's) I was so happy until I looked at when it went bad. Takes two years! I am happy making it at home lol.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    um...

congrats?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Uh oh . . . because I'm having a hard time eating it too . . . .
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've disliked avocadoes most of my life. It was a texture thing. Now all of a sudden I love them and add them to my food often. Now I don't even know why I disliked them.
  • motown13
    Options
    I went to find out about avocado nutrition and came across

http://www.avocadocentral.com/avocado-recipes/guacamole-recipes

Lots of guacamole variations for inspiration.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I love guac as well....the big question though is has anyone found a good low calorie way of eating it? Chips and Guac are one of my favorite foods but tortilla chips are so unhealthy.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I love guac as well....the big question though is has anyone found a good low calorie way of eating it? Chips and Guac are one of my favorite foods but tortilla chips are so unhealthy.

I use it in the place of mayo and other condiments! And my guac is very very very simple, haha. I just do mashed avocado with a pinch of adobo, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a healthy amount of black pepper.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    love it! love avocados!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Can't remember when I went from hating to loving guacamole, but I do love it now! Also, onions. Hated them for the longest time. Now I love them, have for about 3-4 years.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Onyy if it's made with Chunky avocados (not creamed to the consistency of snot) with lots of tomatoes, onions & cilantro!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I love avocados on anything and everything.
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I can eat an avocado plain or on just about anything. Just add a little salt and pepper and spoon it out. I also love to add them on top of my omelette. I love them and have always loved them. Good stuff
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I LOVE *1243245678865 GUAC!
  • tracystaroba
    tracystaroba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same thing here. HATED guacamole and avocadoes. I also worked at a restaurant where we made it at the table. 15 times a day. I now love it. But chips are a no no. Too many carbs. My son says try it on pork rinds which are easy on the carbs.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Still don't really care for it, but I use it in place of mayo for sandwiches... Also as a veggie dip. Healthier than the alternative!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    It's my kryptonite. I just ate a whole order of chips and guacamole from chipotle. But I ran today so I do not feel guilty :devil:
  • motown13
    Options
    Ok, I wanted to pass on a guac recipe someone gave me..... It's NOT a traditional quac, as it is rather thin.....

1/2 of an onion
    2 jalepenos
    5 tomatillos
    2 cloves of garlic
    2 TBS Lime juice
    S & P to taste
    1 Avocado ( personally I think 2 would make it better )

Put it all in a blender or processor and buzz til you get the desired consistency..... IMO it was pretty good, but NOT what I would call guacamole,, per se', but a whole lot less calories than traditional gauac. I was told that this is the house recipe for a taco shop.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My friend loves it!! I am opposite some things since having kids I totally dislike!! Stinks sometimes!! And soda upsets my stomach too much now. Good and bad as it would be nice to have a sip every once in a while ya know.