Anyone here ever lost their weight more then once?

Options
I have lost mine more then once and I'm glad I experienced it because it taught me huge life lessons.
There's no such thing as a quick fix.
It all comes down to paying attention 24/7, doing the research on nutrition, not getting discouraged, working hard, staying motivated, staying active and setting yourself goals.
Consequence of my actions has left me now with loose skin which is starting to go away over time.
(Using skin tightening cream.)

1st Time:
287 lbs - 205 lbs (Lost 83 lbs).

2nd Time: Current
260 lbs - 182 lbs (Lost 78 lbs).
[Goal: 170 lbs]

:O

Replies

• saldelmar
    saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's terrific success, and not easy to do. My story is both different and similar. In 2001, during the stress of grad school, I got to 163 lbs. at my highest weight. I lost 30 pounds through healthy eating and exercise and kept it off for 8 years. After having two kids (in 2009 and 2011), not exercising as regularly, eating more, some medical issues, the stress of a full-time job, etc. I found myself at 162 pounds last December 2012. I am now 25 pounds lighter, again through healthy eating, cardio/weights. Life happens, and I have a few more pounds to lose, but I'm proud that I've made this effort, stuck to it, and am making good choices every day.
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    Yeah that college work is killer.
    So much stress for me, lots of homework, limited time, finals, etc. = Yikes!
    I understand the kids part and the career that's a lot of work.
    How old are your kids?
    (Do you ever try to teach your kids healthy eating habits/exercising or get them involved in good habits young?)
    That's where it starts in my opinion to fixing the obesity problem in America it starts young and then grows on maturity where that info gets passed down through the generations.
    It's shocking to me that Soda/Chips cost less then produce like apples.
    Freaking nuts.
    I lost track of my health through poor dieting and not challenging myself hard enough on the work outs.
    Very glad for your success too.
    :D
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    First time 330-192pds (138pd loss) Got pregnant back up to 270pds working on it now so far down to 253pds, ulitmate goal of 163pds
  • saldelmar
    saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree that it starts when you're young! My family used food as a reward and as a way to comfort, celebrate, etc. I internalized that very early. I wasn't encouraged to exercise or try sports or stay physically active (my brother was, but not me) and that's something we're definitely trying to model and instill in our girls (they are 3 and 1, and they both LOVE running around, kicking soccer balls, climbing, being active, etc.) I'm not blaming my family; I'm a grown-up after all. But I am trying to do things differently now that I have my own kids. As they say, "when you know better, you do better". Good luck on your journey!!
  • boogiewoogiekar
    Options
    My first time I started at 223 and lost 55 pounds. I did that during my freshman year in school. This time I started at 219 and so far I have lost 29 pounds. I am a senior now. I have learned a lot more this time about what my body needs, and not trying to eat such small amounts. I am also eating what is realistic for me. My teenage boys are very active and are a great example to me. I have to keep up with them!!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    First time, about 8 yrs. ago
    155 to 123
    Now
    147.5 to (currently) 132.5
    Goal 120
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    1st time was before kids, I went from 180-140. (40 lbs)

2nd time was after having my first child.... Went from 165-140 (35 lbs)

3rd time was after second child ..went from 185-164 (21 lbs). This was last year, gained it back by eating junk and fast food again.

This is the 4th and final time..I have gone from 185-175 so far and want to go another 35-40 pounds. I have officially said goodbye to the 180's forever!
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    First time 208lbs to 175lbs
    Second time 198lbs to 169 (current)
    GW is 150lbs.

I'm definitely doing better this time compared to the first.

My plan is to stay between 150-160 for the rest of my lilfe.
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    5'5.5"
    First time: 160 to 125
    eventually back up to 155
    stayed there for about a year, the half a year after I slowly lost about 10 pounds without counting calories
    was 146 when started MFP
    6 months later counting calories lost another 10 pounds then plateaued (around 136)
    Just broke the plateau (fingers crossed!) by giving up calories and "intuitively eating" and hoping to get to at least 125...
    I may want to lose another 10 (to get to 115) if I'm unhappy at 125, but that would have to be like through a steady maintenance like notmal diet plus exercise, I don't want to diet hard for it you know I want that flux between 115 and 125 to be natural.
  • laraghdooley
    laraghdooley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight before and I am back at it again. The first time, I went from 194 to 152..However, after getting married and settling into marital bliss, I found myself at 174. Currently, at 169.5 and aiming for 155.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My mom has lost 80lbs three times and is now trying to lose the 25 lbs that are back.

I lost 120 lbs once and am now losing the 20+ lbs that I regained. I was really upset about regaining(once I finally admitted it to myself) but it is a great feeling once you jump right back at it. I also feel so much better mentally, physically, etc:)
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yes. The first time I was 347 lbs and got my weight down to 215. This time, I started at 362 and will get all the way to a goal weight of around 190. I've learned that the food/exercise diary is vital to my long term success so I will never be without it again. It will be a part of me until I'm six feet under and people are throwing dirt in my face.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My mom has lost 80lbs three times and is now trying to lose the 25 lbs that are back.

I lost 120 lbs once and am now losing the 20+ lbs that I regained. I was really upset about regaining(once I finally admitted it to myself) but it is a great feeling once you jump right back at it. I also feel so much better mentally, physically, etc:)

Good for you for stopping the upward trend! That took a lot of courage.
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Most of my late teens/early twenties I was about 170 lbs which I felt good at. After my first child I gained a lot back. Not during pregnancy, but after I had her, just didn't take care of myself. So in Oct. 2009 I started a new job and set a wedding date for the next October, from Oct 2009. June 2010 I lost about 28 lbs (176). I was pretty happy about it, just walking and counting calories. But when we settled into marital bliss we both gained some of it back. When we decided to try again for another baby last Feb. I got off the pill and gained 15lbs by the end of April from 184-199! I only gained 17 lbs during pregnancy which was great, but that put me at 216. After having him I was at 207 and now i'm at 185 :) This time I want to see the 150's, even if its just 159 lol!!!!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yes, several times. The first time was 205 to 165. The second time was 265 to 190. The third time was 235 to 190. This time was 230 to currently 178. On my way back to 165. This is the last time! I now know that I can never stop paying attention to what I am eating. I am a logger for life! =)
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my pregnancy weight in 2009/2010 but gained almost all of it back in 2011 (without being pregnant).
  • benum21121
    benum21121 Posts: 200
    Options
    I went from 350+ down to 262 over the course of about a year (using MFP from 313 to 262, and losing the majority of the from January to May 2011). I didn't use friends through MFP, I literally used it to strictly track food and activity. I didn't have anyone to help keep me accountable then, and I didn't have the healthiest of motivation for the weight loss (mentally). When I hit a major plateau at 262, I lost my focus and could NOT get back on the wagon.. I tried for 18 months and could not do it.

I've since refocused in November 2012 for some physical agility testing for law enfrcement and have been back on the wagon since. I'm helping friends through MFP to be accountable for their activity levels and lifestyle changes, and that helps me immensely. They are helping me, too.. it's a much, much healthier place to be mentally, and I haven't had some of the issues I had before. This MFP session I've gone from 316 to 281 (so far) and feel great. And I mainly have my friends on here to thank for that.,
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    YES!! That is why I'm so passionate about paying it forward ...

FAT LOSS v. WEIGHT LOSS

I just posted an article on my FB and MFP ages on this subject .

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/weight-loss-vs-fat-loss/

Jen
    www.Facebook.com/GetWithItForLife
  • kristinmarie1986
    Options
    Oh my goodness, SO MANY TIMES! I am the epitome of a yo-yoer: Always losing it fairly quickly and then gaining back far more than I took off.

1st time: 2003 - 160-140 -20 lbs
    2nd time: 2004 - 180-160 - 20 lbs
    3rd time: 2010 - 220-170 - 50 lbs
    4th time - this time I started at 253. When I saw that number I wanted to cry. I couldn't believe I'd undone all the work it took to get those 50 pounds off in 2010. I just got to 170, felt SO MUCH better about myself, and lost my motivation to continue losing weight, instead steadily putting the pounds back on (plus an extra 30) over the next 3 years. I was so disgusted with myself.

So I've had to do A LOT of reflection on why I gained the weight back each and every time. I realized there were a lot of emotional issues I hadn't dealt with, and until I recognized those issues and the causes behind them, I was doomed to continue losing/gaining/losing/gaining. I'm so tired of the cycle. I want to lose/maintain.

I figured out that every time before, I lost the weight fairly rapidly and rarely plateauing. Every time I get to a plateau, my confidence takes a nose dive and it suddenly occurs to me that I can't do this. So instead of trying and failing (or inevitably succeeding) I tell myself that I don't care. And then I eat fast food at every meal, 2-3 times a day to prove to myself just how much I don't care about my weight. But that's a bold faced lie I'm telling myself as there's not much else in life I care about MORE than my weight. It affects every aspect of my life, from how I sleep to how I interact with the people in my life.

And this time will be different. I've already plateaued a couple of times in the 2 months I've been losing weight, so I put the scale away and am concentrating on forming healthy eating habits. I know the weight will come off eventually, and I know that if I take my time with it now and don't put the pressure on myself to weigh a certain amount by a certain date then in the end, I will keep it off for good.
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Three times in my life. Hopefully I can do it again this one last time. Don't have much time left. I always would say to myself that I'd get there when I was 50. That passed. Then 55. That passed. Then 60. I'm almost at that age!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!