Are there any foods that you don't count?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Are there foods I don't count? Sure - the ones I don't eat.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Herbs-unless they're already pre-factored into a recipe
    Slivers of occasional cheese

I pretty much count everything else though, lol
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    If it has no nutritional value, then yes, it doesn't count.

But if it does have nurtritional value, it sure as hell does count. Little bits add up to become big bits.
  • mrsmcline
    mrsmcline Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do not count vlasic dill pickles, they have no calories. Anything that has zero calories I do not count.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce.
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D, non salt based spices or seasonings, herbal teas without sweeteners, small tasting foods while cooking.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    hot sauce
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I don't usually count natural lemon juice or raw honey, because honey metabolizes VERY differently than sugar.. It actually eats away fat, rather than stores it, so it doesn't make sense to count it.
    Um, what? Your body doesn't care where the sugar came from and it is not metabolized different if it comes from honey.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I even count the amount of water I drink. :drinker:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i used to not count mustard, but it's honey mustard and i used like gallons lol.
    so now i count it, if often ends up being 100 cals per serving, so that could add up
    if i was close to goal or had to have a small deficit
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I rarely count my veggies unless I have a ton of one kind (like carrots) and sometimes I don't count ketchup :D

You should definitely count ketchup, as that is just empty, unhealthy calories which do add up and work against your deficit.

Coming from a guy who thinks honey for some odd reason metabolizes "VERY" differently than sugar...

You doing it wrong, guy!
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    A 2 to 3 second spray of canola oil on my frypan to stop food sticking. I'm normally cooking for at least 2 to 5 people so the calories would need to be split.

I've been doing Mfp synced with fitbit for over 9 months now. I have all my statistics for average 30day Calorie burn and calories eaten. I keep meaning to set up a spreadsheet with this information and my weekly weight losses to see how accurate the 3500 calories deficit per pound weight loss is for me. I suspect it is slightly out by 100-200 calories which can be from not logging food or exercise correctly or metabolism damage from past yoyo dieting.

I don't think it really matters too much until you get close to goal and losses slow down and you start to examine everything in detail.
    Slowly upping calories and watching weight change over time to find the sweet spot of maintenance will be the key then.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I won't count pie unless I have ice cream with it.
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Salsa diet coke gum lettuce cucumber onion garlic pickles mustard I know they have some calories but a girl has gotta live a little,,,
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I have been doing little food stuffs here and there, I will count it. Or estimate and do a quick add. But if I have generally been accurate that day and have some ketchup or something, I dont add it.

I DO add condiments that are high in calories for small amounts.
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't usually count natural lemon juice or raw honey, because honey metabolizes VERY differently than sugar.. It actually eats away fat, rather than stores it, so it doesn't make sense to count it.

Any truth to this?
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Mostly the ones I don't eat.

Also, half my coffee and some snacks.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If it passes my lips...its counted.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just got a really funny visual of you placing a single baby carrot on a plate and going to town on it with a fork and knife.

That seriously made me lol

I think the only thing I don't log is evoo if I just use a bit in a pan for cooking