Are there any foods that you don't count?

Options

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I don't usually count natural lemon juice or raw honey, because honey metabolizes VERY differently than sugar.. It actually eats away fat, rather than stores it, so it doesn't make sense to count it.

Any truth to this?

stanley.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    sauces if i use a very minimal amount, sometimes i will eat a very very small dab of honey if i have a sweet tooth, salt/pepper/spices on foods
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I count everything.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I won't count pie unless I have ice cream with it.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't usually count natural lemon juice or raw honey, because honey metabolizes VERY differently than sugar.. It actually eats away fat, rather than stores it, so it doesn't make sense to count it.
    Um, what? Your body doesn't care where the sugar came from and it is not metabolized different if it comes from honey.

what @Cait_Sidhe said
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just got a really funny visual of you placing a single baby carrot on a plate and going to town on it with a fork and knife.

bwahhahahaha!!!
  • PDXContessa
    PDXContessa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I squeezed lemon in my tea today - didn't count that. I also squeezed some lime on my avocado - didn't count that.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I never count gum because it's the only thing that keeps me from eating everything else in sight.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Vitamins, tea, lemon juice, spices
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Honey eats away fat? Time to fill up my bathtub with it!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just got a really funny visual of you placing a single baby carrot on a plate and going to town on it with a fork and knife.

Lol its possible! I go to town with 2 mcdonalds fries ^.^ lmao
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    black coffee..

Ill just count it if I put milk on it, or any kind that contains more than just water and coffee

also spices, salt ( i rarely eat it anyway, and when I do I use substitute/spices), lemon juice, a piece of bubble gum
  • isitsororo
    isitsororo Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't count my sugar free gum. Or any zero/<5 calorie beverages, as well as Splenda packets. Small amounts of dry seasonings too.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    black coffee - can't get a staight answer wheter it has calories or not.
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Any truth to this?

Honey's sugars are singularly fructose & glucose, which are monosaccharides. Sugar (sucrose) is a disaccharide composed of glucose and fructose. The difference? In digestion, monosaccharides are absorbed in our intestinal tracts, while disaccharides have to first be broken down to monosaccharides to be absorbed. Our bodies naturally have enzymes to break them down. However, not all sucrose molecules are broken down in digestion and they reach the gut bacteria.

In other words, honey is used almost INSTANTLY as energy by the body, and it does not get much of a time window to be stored as fat. Also there are a ridiculous amount of lipid phagocytic(fat devouring) compounds in honey, which AID in fat loss.

There are many live strong certified, and webmd referenced medical experts on this site. I am not one of the afore-mentioned pseudo-doctors. Honey will help you, in moderation. I guarantee this.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't count spices on lazy days.. on other days they are in there..

I even log tic tacs if I eat them

Honey still has calories.. regardless of how it metabolizes.

Basically I log everything i eat. .
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    black coffee - can't get a staight answer wheter it has calories or not.

It does, but it is so minute that it doesn't matter. If you drank a gallon of black coffee you might incur >50 calories.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    diet soda (though I should start for the sodium intake)
    coffee (black)
    spices (again should for sodium)
    and hot sauce.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pills.
    A baby carrot.

A baby carrot? Lol.

Haha... this made me laugh because I did too