losing 100lbs in 9 months?

Options

Replies

• starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I lost my wt. in about a year so I know that it is possible to lose a lot of wt. in a short period of time. Make sure that you aren't cutting your calories too much compared to your exercise calories burned. I lost my first 60 lbs. too fast and had some complications such as my hair breaking off and thinning. Once I started eating better, my hair filled out again. You can do this!!

thank you and congratulations!
  • starfinale
    Options
    I did it. :)

wow congrats!
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE MY KIND OF CRAZY!!!!! I'm all in! Anyone else doing this and want to be friends, send me a friend request!!!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Totally in! But I'm giving myself as much time as needed to lose the 138 pounds, hoping to be down at least by 75 at this time next year. Feel free to add me!
  • starfinale
    Options
    Totally in! But I'm giving myself as much time as needed to lose the 138 pounds, hoping to be down at least by 75 at this time next year. Feel free to add me!

I'm trying to lose about the same amount!
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm losing 2 lbs a week averaging just under 2,200 calories a day and will stick with my slower progress because honestly I don't want to suffer ever again through low calorie dieting. Best wishes to all of you who are dedicated enough to do a challenge like this!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure that you drink water every hour and keep it warm. Drink 3 tbs of lemon juice every morning to cleanse your digestive system.

Make sure you exercise everyday and get a column on the progress chart under fitness.

Try not to eat too many of your exercise calories.

You cannot lose that much weight by diet alone because your body just starts to compensate.

Exercise will also tone your muscles and reduce flabby skin.
  • starfinale
    Options
    You need to make sure that you drink water every hour and keep it warm. Drink 3 tbs of lemon juice every morning to cleanse your digestive system.

Make sure you exercise everyday and get a column on the progress chart under fitness.

Try not to eat too many of your exercise calories.

You cannot lose that much weight by diet alone because your body just starts to compensate.

Exercise will also tone your muscles and reduce flabby skin.

ooh interesting! thanks for the tips!
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    here are the maths - there are 274 days to the rest of the year.
    2.74 days for pound
    to lose a pound, you need to create 3500 calories deficit.
    this is 1277 calories a day deficit! It's allot! I don't know what your BMR and TDEE is but to cut this much for that length of time... I don't know.

But, even if it's 50 pounds gone or 100.. tackle it now and you will get there.
  • starfinale
    Options
    here are the maths - there are 274 days to the rest of the year.
    2.74 days for pound
    to lose a pound, you need to create 3500 calories deficit.
    this is 1277 calories a day deficit! It's allot! I don't know what your BMR and TDEE is but to cut this much for that length of time... I don't know.

But, even if it's 50 pounds gone or 100.. tackle it now and you will get there.

thanks for the tip!
  • starfinale
    Options
    I'm losing 2 lbs a week averaging just under 2,200 calories a day and will stick with my slower progress because honestly I don't want to suffer ever again through low calorie dieting. Best wishes to all of you who are dedicated enough to do a challenge like this!

it's not a challenge and we are all working at our own pace! it's just a goal to work towards. good luck to you too! :)
  • starfinale
    Options
    I created a group for those of you who have a lot to lose! you can join if you'd like. it's a support group!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13302-lose-100-by-2014-support-team
  • DebsDoingIT
    Options
    It's definitely doable...wish we all could have access to the biggest loser gym, trainers, chefs...i.e. lock down weight loss rehab!! I'd do it until I lost all the weight I wanted to. You've actually motivated me to rev up my engines!! Add me and I'll do it with you!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    P.S I started losing weight in January 2012 (joined MFP in June) and lost 72 pounds in 2012. so far in 2013 I've lost 10 pounds. So it took me 15 months to lose 82 pounds. Now I'm not saying you can't lose 100 pounds in 9 months! It's just not realistic.

thank you! congrats on your weight loss! It's nice to get a message from someone who has already lost so much. I will keep everything in mind. I do think it's a lot and will be a hard work. I'm not getting my hopes up. I am bigger so I do have a lot more weight to lose. You are right about losing so few in a month. I just like the idea of... the bigger the goal, the more work I will do to get there. Thank you again!

You're welcome dear! You will reach your goal!
  • kaf57
    kaf57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 this year...last year I lost 90 pounds in about 9 months time....it's doable and I have kept it off for 6 months now. I totally give my fitness pal all the credit....I used to work for weight watchers and was never able to maintain my loss.....this has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me!
  • starfinale
    Options
    I'm 56 this year...last year I lost 90 pounds in about 9 months time....it's doable and I have kept it off for 6 months now. I totally give my fitness pal all the credit....I used to work for weight watchers and was never able to maintain my loss.....this has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me!

congrats! MFP has been great for me so far!
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    Doable, but a bit of an unrealistic goal, if you ask me. A healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week (36 to 72lbs in 9 months). It definitely depends on different factors, like how much weight you have to lose total (someone who weighs 400lbs is going to lose weight much faster than someone who only has 100lbs to lose all together) and what your current TDEE is.

Personally, for me, setting unrealistic goals tends to just make me depressed and fall off the wagon when I don't hit them. If you have the drive to set goals like 100lbs in 9 months, more power to you, definitely. Couldn't do it myself though. :(
  • zlxoxo
    zlxoxo Posts: 7
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds in 6 months, nothing fancy just no cheat meals, eating healthy and exercising twice a day 7 days a week.
  • starfinale
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds in 6 months, nothing fancy just no cheat meals, eating healthy and exercising twice a day 7 days a week.

wow amazing!
  • starfinale
    Options
    Doable, but a bit of an unrealistic goal, if you ask me. A healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week (36 to 72lbs in 9 months). It definitely depends on different factors, like how much weight you have to lose total (someone who weighs 400lbs is going to lose weight much faster than someone who only has 100lbs to lose all together) and what your current TDEE is.

Personally, for me, setting unrealistic goals tends to just make me depressed and fall off the wagon when I don't hit them. If you have the drive to set goals like 100lbs in 9 months, more power to you, definitely. Couldn't do it myself though. :(

yea I don't really plan on losing 100 in 9 months but I am willing to work hard for it! I have a lot to lose. I'm not going to kill myself for it or anything. I have smaller monthly goals. I created a support group for other people with a lot to lose this year. If you want to join it's called - Lose 100 by 2014. There are other people there with the same problem. I'll send you an invite if you can't find it :)