Are there any foods that you don't count?

Options

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    @msmcline..."I do not count vlasic dill pickles, they have no calories. Anything that has zero calories I do not count."

You should rethink this and add it in.....dill pickles have alot of added sodium in it. Some vlassic spears have 280 mg in just one spear!

Edited to add @Finding & anyone else who doesn't log spices ...--you'd be surprised at spices. I was when I used chili powder to one of my dishes. Sodium is 76mg sodium per tablespoon, 1.26 gm of fat, 4 gm of carb. On the positive side, it has almost a gm of protein, 144mg of potassium, high in Vit A (44%), Vit C 8%, Iron 6%, & Calcium 2%.

HTH:smile: ( And yes, I do watch my sodium)
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Only the ones I don't eat.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't usually count natural lemon juice or raw honey, because honey metabolizes VERY differently than sugar.. It actually eats away fat, rather than stores it, so it doesn't make sense to count it.

Honey eats away fat? Time to fill up my bathtub with it!

Genius!!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I don't normally log zero calorie seasonings unless I'm feeling super anal.
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't count herbs/spices gum and tablets that I have throughout the day, apart from that I would count everything as it all adds up.
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not logging oil can be a bad idea depending on what type you are using! There are over 100 calories and 13 grams of fat in like a tablespoon!!
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Herbal teas, zero calories, vitamins

^ same. :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Large ribeye steaks, bottles of wine, and huge pieces of chocolate pie. I eat those on IDGF days.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I tend to log everything I eat, as it gives me a sense of control and maintains my health/weight.

But on a unrelated topic I find it fascinating that sexual activities are not in the data base...I understand why, everyone has their own methods and also people tend to want to keep these lets say exercises or lack of private.

I was curious though and Googled how many calories you burn having sex and on a website it said it is the equivalent of running eight miles....but some funny person wrote in the comments "who the hell can run eight miles in two minutes?":laugh:
  • em1821
    em1821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I never count gum because it's the only thing that keeps me from eating everything else in sight.

^^^ This :)
  • tjham1
    tjham1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I was going to start a thread and decided to search first and found this.

I count tomatoes but I don't count baby carrots that I eat while fixing dinner. ;-)
    f I cook a bowl full, then I count them. I don't count celery or onions or green peppers. Or sugar free gum.

I don't count coffee creamer (I know I should). Or pills. Didn't even think about counting pills!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when I have an occasional diet soda, I don't log it. I have one maybe every 7-10 days.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I wonder why people think that sugar free means calorie free? Only thing with ZERO calories is water...plain water....and air.

Everything else has calories.

Sugar free does NOT mean zero calories. I can have a sugar free mint, it's got 8 friggen calories depending on the brand.... other ones have about 20 cals. 5 of those are 100 cals.... adds up.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wonder why people think that sugar free means calorie free? Only thing with ZERO calories is water...plain water....and air.

Everything else has calories.

Sugar free does NOT mean zero calories. I can have a sugar free mint, it's got 8 friggen calories depending on the brand.... other ones have about 20 cals. 5 of those are 100 cals.... adds up.

True that. Maybe they mean those "Zero Calorie Sugar Packets". One thing they should realize is that a lot of things that are "zero calorie" can actually be 1-4 calories a serving, the USDA allows this to be counted as 0 though (if it's under 5). Everything adds up :)
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I don't count coffee creamer, mustard, or sweetener. But then I'm usually a couple hundred calories under my goal each day so I figure it evens out.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Broken cookies.

When I was in 7th grade, my best friend told me ( with quite an air of authority) that if a cookie is broken it has no calories. Of course, we spent the rest of the year making sure our cookies somehow got broken before we ate them, lol:)

To this day, I never count a broken cookie, EVER.
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    When i had a nuteitionist she gave me a list of food and there it says that foods with less than 20 cals and 5grams of carbs are "free foods" of course consuming them moderately and once a day. But if anyone has also heard this, quote me cause i havent heard it from anyone but my nutritionist
  • WendyGr8
    WendyGr8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thats fabulous. Now that I have been on maintenance of my goal for a while, I take days off from logging too. Next time, I will follow your menu since you rattled off 3 of my favorites :)
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don`t count the tablespoon of skim milk I put in my coffee.
  • WendyGr8
    WendyGr8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oops...apparently dont know how to quote someone, but my comment was referencing BeacIron's ribeye, wine & huge piece of chocolate pie