questions for the ladies again...regarding workout apparel

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
okay really just sports bra's but I didn't want to make that the topic LMBO

what kind of sports bra do you women who are um well endowed use for the best support...I'm having a hard time finding one to really do the job while I run....not fun!

hugs!
Ali :flowerforyou:

um I think I had tmi there lol sorry!

Replies

• ali106
    Options

what kind of sports bra do you women who are um well endowed use for the best support...I'm having a hard time finding one to really do the job while I run....not fun!

hugs!

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I bought a great sports bra about a month ago. It ties like a regular bra and my girls stay pretty much in place. There is a little bit of movement (just a tiny bit) but DD will do that no matter what your are wearing!! My old sports bra was horrible, I thought I would knock myself out all the time. This bra also has easy adjustable straps too. I love it!

It's Moving Comfort brand with dry fit material. It was a little pricey but worth it.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Uggh, I feel your pain! :explode: I have yet to find that supportive piece of fabric that corrects this. I have purchased many that promise it but with no such luck. Good Luck and if you find that miracle of a sports bra, let me know!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I bought a great sports bra about a month ago. It ties like a regular bra and my girls stay pretty much in place. There is a little bit of movement (just a tiny bit) but DD will do that no matter what your are wearing!! My old sports bra was horrible, I thought I would knock myself out all the time. This bra also has easy adjustable straps too. I love it!

It's Moving Comfort brand with dry fit material. It was a little pricey but worth it.

Ohhhh, I must try this! Thanks!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't know, maybe my boobs have shrunk or something but I have this sports bra- it was 9.99 at walmart, it's very basic and everything, nothing fancy, and I find it completely does the job. I like to cycle and jog and I don't notice any jiggling or bouncing at all. I think you should go to a sports store and talk to a salesgirl about what you're looking for. Look for one who's well-endowed. I used to work in retail and had large-chested ladies ask me for advice ALL THE TIME about which bra to wear with what etc. SO yes, I would just ask, and don't be embarrassed. Also, ask about their return policy because if it's not doing its job you should be able to return it. good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    Options

oh girl this 5'2" D thanks you soooo much....sigh!

lol
    hugs!!!
    Ali
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    Options

hugs!

when i run
    i wear a regular bra and a sports bra on top
    and just RUN
  • ali106
    Options
    I don't know, maybe my boobs have shrunk or something but I have this sports bra- it was 9.99 at walmart, it's very basic and everything, nothing fancy, and I find it completely does the job. I like to cycle and jog and I don't notice any jiggling or bouncing at all. I think you should go to a sports store and talk to a salesgirl about what you're looking for. Look for one who's well-endowed. I used to work in retail and had large-chested ladies ask me for advice ALL THE TIME about which bra to wear with what etc. SO yes, I would just ask, and don't be embarrassed. Also, ask about their return policy because if it's not doing its job you should be able to return it. good luck! :flowerforyou:

that's a good idea too!!!
    thanks!!!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106
    Options

hugs!

when i run
    and just RUN

tried that the reg bra which is a good support bounced too LOL...I hate freakin' bouncing!!!!!!!:explode:
    but thanks boo! lol
    hugs!
  • ali106
    Options

Ohhhh, I must try this! Thanks!

good luck to you too! lol
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    No problem. :flowerforyou:
    I know how frustrating it can be. I was tired of wearing two sports bra at a time. I'm glad I invested.

• erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    I totally feel your pain on this one!! I started running and went through a bunch of different sports bras with no luck. The one I swear by now is made by Under Armour...I think it was called "strength". They are pricey-like $50 but was so completely worth it in my opinion! :smile:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain (hey - kinda literally!)...

I wear a cupped sports bra that fits well - almost tightly (e.g. 34DD) and then I wear a half top/sports bra (the kind that doesn't have molded or seperated cups) ontop as well - in again a very firm fit (e.g. size Small or X-small). The second bra is the kind of flattening - uniboob type bra, but I personally find this to be the only way to do it without bounce. "The girls" wont look good while you exercise (think pancake) but I believe that compression really is the only way to reduce jiggle - in my experience! This method even worked for running while I was nursing my baby (that was fright night time - 36F).

I used to be a manager of a lingerie store, and most people have a band that it too large - make sure that you are giving yourself enough room in the cup, while your band fits firmly against your ribcage, without any space between the band and your ribcage right under your breasts. Most women I encountered needed to go up a size or two in the cup, and down a size or two in the band.

I once read that any time you are bouncing you are tearing the connective breast tisues, and you can never repair that = saggy boobs.

Good luck! You might need a specialty shop!
    :flowerforyou:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm a 36 D and I hate the bounce. Sometimes I even feel sore. I found a bra at Walmart-made by Danskin (sp?) that works well. They have the waist and cup size. I like the one that doesn't have the 2 cup shape. It's just chest shaped. (Does this make sense?) I wear this and an exercise tank that has a built in bra. Yep-two bras. I get teased by my boyfriend who thinksI should work out in just a sports bra-in public-not gonna happen. It works.

Hope this helps.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I found an article that might give some idears..

Finding the right sports bra is like finding the right pair of jeans...impossible! I've been exercising for a long time and I've found that there are certain bras that work better than others. Check out my top picks for sports bras for everything from running to yoga and for women who are extra curvy to those who, um, aren't.

1. Hind Womens Motion Sensor Bra
    This sports bra is great for curvy women looking for support without the feeling of being tied up in a straightjacket. The criss-cross straps provide comfortable support and the fabric is breathable so sweat is wicked away from your body. You'll also find you have great support for high impact exercises if you're a B or C cup and the hook-and-eye clasp makes this one easy to get on and off.
    2. Nike Zip Front Sports Bra
    This is another high-quality sports bra that will fit a variety of women, depending on what kind of support you want. Small-chested women will get high-impact support, while fuller-figured women will find this bra is perfect for lower-impact exercise. Either way, the zip-front is a favorite of mine because you can take it off without have to contort yourself.
    3. Moving Comfort Womens Grace Bra
    This lovely bra is not only perfect for small-breasted women, it's also the first sports bra designed for women who've had breast cancer. It's soft, comfy and lightweight and it also has a zip-front which makes it easy to take off. The CoolMax lining doubles as pocket for a prosthesis, but any woman would find the Grace Bra comfortable and supportive. This is probably my favorite sports bra.
    4. Speedo Underwire Sports Bra
    A reader emailed me recently and told me I HAD to recommend this bra to women who may need a little extra support, but don't want to feel like they're in a straight jacket. As she said, "I wear a 34DD and have had 2 kids...I wear it all the time...It was comfy enough to even wear when pregnant."
    Vendor's Site5. Champion Friction Free Sports Bra
    I like Champion sports bras more for lower impact activities and this is one of my favorites because it's seamless and, therefore, there's no chafing. It's a little tougher to get on an off, especially after you've been sweating, but you'll find it a comfortable choice for things like walking, yoga or lifting weights.
    6. Adidas Women's Response Bra
    I've had this bra for going on four years and I still love it, although I'm not as crazy about it for high impact exercise like running or jump roping. It's supportive, it doesn't chafe and it's flattering, making it a favorite of mine, but probably best for small to medium-chested women.
    7. Champion Shape Sports Bras
    Another company I've come to love is Champion, especially their Shape bras, which are sized just like bras so you get the perfect fit. These bras come in a variety of types for every activity and every size. The Shape Scoop bra is great for medium-high impact activities while the Jogbra Action-Shape is perfect for curvy women who want to do high impact exercise. Champion really caters to women and they seem to get better and better.
    8. Champion Double Dry Seamless Long Tank Top
    If you want full coverage and good support for medium-impact activities, the Champion long tank is a good choice. It has a built-in bra which, normally, makes it difficult to get these things on and off. But, that's what makes the Champion a good choice - the fabric is soft and stretchy, so it's easily removed, but it still offers great support.
    9. Danskin Tank Top
    This is another great top for yoga, Pilates or other low-impact activities. It's comfortable, flattering and the inner bra provides support without restriction.
    10. Nike Tank
    This is another favorite of mine, a long tank that gives great coverage and support, wicks away sweat and looks great all at the same time. I also love the color.
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    Options
    Well I haven't been able to jog let alone run for this very prob. Because no one seems to sell 38 DDD's anywhere. I did find a site that sells enell bras, for this very thing. Pricey but sooooo worth it, they definitley hold mine in place there is absolutely no jiggles. Which is a great comfort for me and my back.:laugh:
  • AJCM
    Options

When I was in my teens/early 20's I could wear an unsupportive bra, and my firmness kept everyting in place! (I was a 32D). Now, after breastfeeding two kids, and gaining weight, I need SUPER support! Things are, how do I say, less voluminous and firm!?!?
    :noway: :tongue:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I personally wear a lot of Danskin tops...

they support without mushing painfully.
  • AJCM
    Options

hugs!

when i run
    and just RUN

You are young and perky sister!!! Enjoy it!!!
    :tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    The "Enell" brand sports bras have changed me into a "high impact" girl.

Seriously. Life changing.