How much did you lose before somebody noticed?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• pestilencerose
    pestilencerose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    8lbs
  • kharper85
    kharper85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am down about 15 lbs (which was 11% of my SW) and people are noticing a lot more lately.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I had lost about 4kg (8lbs) and 6-7.5cm (2.36-2.95 inches) off hips/waist/chest each when one of my sisters noticed. Other family members + my granny have known about my weight-loss journey since the day 1, but it wasn't until a week or so ago when pretty much everyone started to say something about me losing weight. That's like six months and 20kg (44lbs) from the day I started exercising and eating better...
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't even know how much I weighed, when I started changing my eating habits. I know I have gone down a pants size though. The only reason I know I have lost weight since signing up here is because of doctors visits so if it wasn't for that I would be under the impression things aren't happening much weight wise. But, my shirts are even starting to get a little loose. I don't think anyone will notice til I hit around the 50lb mark. I doubt they will say anything though. Which is fine by me cuz I got lots and lots of lbs to go even after that.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Around 15-20 pounds for me.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Coworkers started mentioning that I looked thinner at 8 pounds down.

My fiance stated I looked thinner at about 10 pounds down.

I am still not seeing any difference!
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Can't really answer. I decided to start losing weight when I moved to a new state. No one here knew me other than my husband. And I can't really remember a time that he mentioned anything in regards to noticing a difference. [He was supportive and if it wasn't for him pushing me, I wouldn't be where I am.] However it took me about 30lbs to notice it on myself.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    around 50 pounds gone
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nobody said ANYTHING to me until 2 weeks ago. None of my family, none of my friends. Then I went to the dentist, who I have probably seen only two times in my life before this visit, and the first thing she said to me was "You've lost weight!" I was shocked.
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    30lbs.
  • skyan
    skyan Posts: 12
    Options
    Mom mentioned something when I was 30lbs down but I was losing weight with her. No one else noticed. Gained 10lbs back though. Just gotta start working real hard again.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Around 10-15lbs... And now that I'm down to 21 (so far) I've heard comments at both workplaces, school and with the family. I must say, it does definitely make me happy to hear that!
  • andorellana
    Options
    I read once that when you start and stick to a new healthier lifestyle it takes 2 weeks for you to notice a difference, 2 MORE weeks for friends and family to notice a difference, and 2 MORE weeks (6 total weeks) for the rest of the world to notice. It really made me think and was motivation to stick to it for me. Good Luck!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My mother noticed at 14 pounds. The rest of the world saw it at 16 pounds. My husband is oblivious, and just insists that he never noticed that I'd ever gained anything, lol.
  • melissa_raie
    melissa_raie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Between 15 and 20 I had a few people say something and even more people said something around 25 pounds.
  • Alice_in_Wndrlnd
    Alice_in_Wndrlnd Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    People started noticing for me at around 60lbs.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I haven't had anyone comment unless I mention it first - then they're like "Oh, yeah! I can totally tell!". :/ Maybe another 10 lbs or so will do it.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    noone noticed it on me yet and i am almost 20 lbs lighter. It depends a lot on how much you overweight witch for me is a lot =)