Pregnancy 2010 - June

Options
167891012»

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    shoppingqueen - are you on track for weight gain according to your OB? I've gained 18.2lbs at 28 weeks. Every appt my doc makes it sound like I"m gaining too much weight and gives me a lecture, but when I think about it, it seems like I'm on track. :-( Well ... I don't know I guess she only wanted me to gain 20-25lbs, so if we were shooting for 20lbs I see how I'm not going to make it. Is it unreasonable to think I could gain only 0.6lbs a week until my 40th week? I guess I've never gained that little since being pregnant ... so maybe I will go over. *sigh. I'm way too stressed out about this weight gain thing. I don't want a obese unhealthy baby because of my own fault. :-(

Yep I am. She told me I should gain between 25-35 lbs. I'm probably going to be closer to the 35 in the end. But my doc has not said a word about my weight and I even ask her to make sure it is ok. I started out at 145 and now I'm 169. If I do the babycenter weight tracking calculator it tells me I started out overweight and I'm above what I should be.... prior to getting pregnant I was in the best shape of my life....so I can only believe that one so much.

Don't stress about your weight! If you go over a little you go over....no biggie. I'm having a hard time eating a lot. So my doc told me to eat about 5-7 small meals a day. That has seemed to work for me. I get REALLY uncomfortable if I eat a big meal all at once.

Are you always hungry at this stage? I was super hungry all the time about week 12 and then it died down around week 18.

Your doc sounds mean...want me to punch him/her for you :laugh:

She's really nice other than the weight thing. haha, I have days where I'm SOOO hungry all day and other days when I do fine. I'm definately more hungry than before I was pregnant. At least if feels that way since I was doing fine with 1200 calories before pregnancy and am almost always over my 1800 calories now. haha
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm at 163 lbs. I'm also stressing about my weigh, but that doesn't stop me from eating whatever I want :flowerforyou:
    I was 138 lbs before pregnancy, so that puts me on a 25 pounds gained at 27 weeks and I still have a lot to go. I exercise and feel healthy. With my other two pregnancies I gained about 50 lbs and my kids are not obese, but it took a lot of work to take the extra weigh off. I think I'm going to stop snacking before bed time, it has been an issue the last couple of weeks.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    my doc keeps mentioning gestational diabetes, and that my child could get too big which would cause complications during pregnancy, etc. I have my glocoma test tomorrow (Yuck!) not to mention that I don't want to be huge after Ayden is born.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Angela - I had gestational diabetes with my first child 13 years ago. She was born 10. 7 lbs. and my placenta was the size of a newborn. I had two glucose tests done: the first one was high and the 2nd one was normal, but apparentely I still had it. I went up to 176 lbs and a week after I had her I was down to 138 lbs. It was all water and baby stuff gain. My second pregnancy was normal, but I still gained almost 50 pounds. I didn't really exercise with any of those pregnancy, that's why I'm a little bummed out about gaining weigh with this one because I'm actually trying to work out and eat healthy. My mom says I'm just one of those women who gain a lot of weigh during pregnancy, I'm not buying it :sad:
    Anyway, I hope just test shows good results. I'm having mine next week, double yuck!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Morning everyone, Happy Canada Day! This months Topic is up:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104498-pregnancy-2010-july