My mom is trying to kill me with Easter candy

Options
2»

Replies

• Nyingje
    Nyingje Posts: 13
    Options
    We have a 'Take Something, Leave Something' tree down the street. You can walk by and take whatever you want from under the tree or that is hanging from the branches. I left the candy everyone at work gave me on the tree tied up in little bags. Walked by today, the candy is gone and someone has put toys for kids in the bags.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I used to think it was wasteful to throw food away until someone pointed out that either it goes in the bin or gets flushed down the loo, the only difference is that by getting rid of it via my body, bits of it get left behind (mostly ON my behind)

Take it to work and use it to butter up your co-workers.
  • annpatricianielsen
    Options
    I think moderation is the key word here.

Sharing it with co-workers is also a great idea, but remember you are allowed to indulge. You can have some(!) Easter Candy. I think it's more important to teach yourself to eat sensibly, rather than completely cutting things outta your diet.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    JUST THROW IT OUT!! wasteful.... you'll just be killing someone else if you hand it off.

Did your mom give you poison Easter candy? lol Candy is ok eaten in moderation. If I were you and struggling not to binge on the candy I would take a few pieces for myself and then give the rest away to my bf, friends, family, coworkers etc.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    I think it's more important to teach yourself to eat sensibly, rather than completely cutting things outta your diet.

This. Martyring your food intake isn't going to make you happy or impress anyone. Avoid binging by consistently allowing yourself to enjoy food. (Unless it really is poison! Lol)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I think it's more important to teach yourself to eat sensibly, rather than completely cutting things outta your diet.

This. Martyring your food intake isn't going to make you happy or impress anyone. Avoid binging by consistently allowing yourself to enjoy food. (Unless it really is poison! Lol)

Not keeping a pile of candy around is not the same as enjoying food in moderation. I definitely allow myself to eat whatever I want I moderation, however there are certain foods I do not keep around the house. If I had a pile of Easter candy I would sneak apiece here and there. Once I've tasted it and I know there is more moderation gets thrown out the window. Instead, I buy the amount I can eat when I want to eat it. It's much easier for me.
    We all have different relationships with food.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options

Not keeping a pile of candy around is not the same as enjoying food in moderation. I definitely allow myself to eat whatever I want I moderation, however there are certain foods I do not keep around the house. If I had a pile of Easter candy I would sneak apiece here and there. Once I've tasted it and I know there is more moderation gets thrown out the window. Instead, I buy the amount I can eat when I want to eat it. It's much easier for me.
    We all have different relationships with food.

I agree. But vilifying food rather than self control isn't very helpful either. Candy isn't poison.