Male verse female

Options
chasetwins
chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
OK so can I tell you how much it annoys me that men can drop weight no problem (rephrase,.MOST men) and women usually struggle their entire life. You know that commercial where the animated woman is talking and her husband is standing next to her. They cut out junk food - he shrinks and she doesn't. Ya welcome to my life!!!!

So what got me here: pasta, breads, eating dominoes bread bowls (oh YUM), an occasional fried dough, nachos...that is prob about it. Everything else I eat is generally pretty healthy.
My husband - same but add in donuts every AM on the way to work.

I cut out all of the above: still have to cut more and have to get my booty moving...still the scale & measuring tape fights me

He cuts out donuts..yes people JUST donuts and loses 18 pounds in a month...seriously?!?! SMH

Just needed to vent haha :)

~Want to add before anyone goes all crazy on me LOL...just a silly vent I know in reality...,first he has a lot more to lose than I do...I have always eaten a pretty balanced diet except the occasional splurges..he has not... These are in fact why he can lose faster than I for now :) But for the moment...it drives me batty!!!! :p

Replies

• kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    It is easier for them and that sucks, but it's something that all of us ladies have to deal with. Hormones and stuff, y'know.

Like, for example, I'm a fan of this GORGEOUS trans woman and before she began her transition, she was so skinny and had the "perfect body" blah blah blah, but once she started taking hormones she said that her body "got all soft". Her eating/exercise habits stayed the same, but she just put on weight. Of course, she's still gorgeous -- more gorgeous than ever, really, but it just shows that our lady bodies like to hang on to every last bit of softness and it can be totally frustrating!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Meh, my wife loses faster than me and is in incredible shape. If it's not working then fix what you're doing.
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Beachiron...you must be under that "most" part LOL Kayla...I am sure your friend truly feels like a woman now!! LMAO :) That kind of put it into perspective right there!

My goal is not only to lose weight (so even when the scale doesn't move I do not freak out) but also to be genuinely healthy. So I do the best i can day by day..but the infamous belly fat needs to pack it's bags! When I see my husband drop weight just by removing one item off his food diary..I want to kick him haha
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes, they can lose easier due to muscle mass / metabolism / hormones etc.. BUT we have boobs.

That wins all arguments in this house, hands down. (in the figurative sense)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It is easier for them and that sucks, but it's something that all of us ladies have to deal with. Hormones and stuff, y'know.

Like, for example, I'm a fan of this GORGEOUS trans woman and before she began her transition, she was so skinny and had the "perfect body" blah blah blah, but once she started taking hormones she said that her body "got all soft". Her eating/exercise habits stayed the same, but she just put on weight. Of course, she's still gorgeous -- more gorgeous than ever, really, but it just shows that our lady bodies like to hang on to every last bit of softness and it can be totally frustrating!

Just had to say this if fascinating to me! What a prime example of how the female and male bodies work differently based just on hormone influence!

And yeah, same thing in my household. My Hubs gave up beer, became a tiny bit more active and lost 30 pounds in no time. Meanwhile it took me a whole year to lose that amount of weight!
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Yes, they can lose easier due to muscle mass / metabolism / hormones etc.. BUT we have boobs.

bwaaaaahaaaa!!!!!! :)
  • Jaylello
    Jaylello Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Have to call bull**** on this. I know that some women know how to train and bust their *kitten* in and out of the gym, but for the 99% their "workouts" are beyond rubbish and consist of maybe 30 minutes walking or sitting on a machine in a gym while messing on their phones.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Have to call bull**** on this. I know that some women know how to train and bust their *kitten* in and out of the gym, but for the 99% their "workouts" are beyond rubbish and consist of maybe 30 minutes walking or sitting on a machine in a gym while messing on their phones.

A. This is actually pretty irrelevant to what we've been discussing and

B.
    tumblr_mjkbr35asw1rosb88o1_500.gif
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    WIN!! :laugh: :drinker:

• amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    my husband is different lol. He does not lose weight easily, admittedly he's not trying very hard but he doesn't lose that easily. I lost weight a lot faster than him, but I know a lot of men that lose very quickly
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Correction: It is likely eating TOO MUCH of all of those things (and that includes healthy food) that got you here. You don't have to cut out things you love to lose weight. Eat a bread bowl if it fits in your calories.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I think you are looking at it backwards OP. you are cutting everything out of your diet.
    Start over from scratch and figure out what can fit into your daily calorie/macro goals. I don't cut anything out, its a recipe for failure.

^^^also what sodamnhot says too
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Wrong!

Although, I have not struggled with my weight. I do have to work a little bit harder for visible muscle definition than my husband. We both have visible muscle definition. I lift weights 3-4 times a week and I'm a dancer. He does not lift weights. He rides his bike and lifts things just as a part of life. He has very solid, firm, and defined muscles, anyway. It doesn't bother me, though. I'm perfectly happy. I have nothing to complain about.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i thought this was going to have to do with poetry...

:embarassed:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs in a month eating about 2600 calories a day...

I'm eating 3400 or so everyday now (including about 600 cals of chocolate everyday) and still losing.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You girls get multiple orgasms.

Get over it.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

/thread
  • smittieaj
    smittieaj Posts: 151 Member
    Options

/thread

haha.... yep, thread over.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiDbofApGc0C-IwlAatiQZMCGGJM2w-FV1IIpD__GQiVloInvC7A

AS others have said.....muscle mass plays a big part. What are you doing to increase yours? Or are you worried about becoming bulky?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You girls get multiple orgasms.

Get over it.

Brilliant!!!!