Any Success using the TDEE Formula

Options
1235»

Replies

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll go midway between lightly active and moderately active.

BTW, I was using: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have been on TDEE -20% for almost 2 months and I am down (as of 2 weeks ago) 6.5 pounds I have lost an inch each off my neck, chest, and waist. I am down 1/2-inch on my hips. I can't recommend it enough!

I started MFP eating 1340 a day. I lost at first, then like others I stalled. I got a metabolic test done and showed I was burning about 2500 per day at rest, so my 1340 was not nearly enough to simply fuel my daily life. I am happier now and feel I have a better relationship with what I eat.
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    OK two more questions guys......................did you guys up your calories in one go or did you do an incremental increase say +100cals every few weeks

Also should I be increasing my calories since I've got only about 14lb left to loose. I hear the last few pounds are harder to loose so eating more at this stage seems counterintutive but I'm willing to be open minded

If you have quite a big jump, it's best to add 100 - 150 cals a week.
    Ohh thanks for this! I will try this!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Helenal91
    Options
    I am currently eating 1250 cal a day and was thinking of moving to TDEE - 20%. This will put me at 1600.
    How quickly should I build my calories up to get to 1600?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating 1250 cal a day and was thinking of moving to TDEE - 20%. This will put me at 1600.

Increase it 100 - 150 a week.
  • Helenal91
    Options

Increase it 100 - 150 a week.

Thank you.
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Good news 3 months 2100 tdee/1463 bmr/1700 caloric intake and no weight gain! Bad news no weight loss and fitted clothes a tad snugger. Trying something different for 30 days. Then plan on returning to tdee/bmr but with increased cardio/activity and obviously increased caloric intake.

Did like knowing i could eat 500 calories MORE a day and not gain weight. I did eat wheat/dairy which probably account for tad snug on fitted clothes. Had hard time figuring out what to eat to increase 500 a day.
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
  • bebe2454
    bebe2454 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had success using both the TDEE formula and MFP. Lost approx 15 pounds using MFP guideline and approx 15 pounds using TDEE. They are really going to work about the same way if you are using MFP correctly (i.e.--you put in the correct daily activity rate and you are eating back most, if not all of your exersice calories). The difference is really just semantics. With the TDEE you have to be very dedicated to your exercise routine because you have already added in those calories so if you bail out of your exercise too often, you will be eating too many calories. The bonus with TDEE is you get to eat roughly the same number of calories daily, whereas on MFP, you may be starving on days you don't work out and trying to stuff yourself on days you do. I prefer to use TDEE because I don't like being hungry and I can stick to my routine pretty well, most of the time. But again, it's really just a preference thing.

Great explanation!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yep, yep, yep. Sixty-three pounds down and fifty to go. Eating a little bit less than you burn will work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!