Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Eat almost a 1/4 cup a day. Love it. especially these...

DSC_0098.jpg

some of those sound amazing!

These look aweeeesomeeeeeee!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter almost every day. 2 Tbs is my normal serving.

I think I might get twitchy if I didn't have it in my diet...seriously.

I mix it into my oats, have it with my apples or bananas, dip my carrots in it, spread it on celery. Sometimes, I just eat a Tbs of if after a workout.

Oh man I love it.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    .bwahahaha!!! this is my husbands ringtone on my phone LOL!!
    PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! Peanut butta jelly! Peanut butta jelly! Wher'ya't?! Wher'ya't?! Peanut-butta-jelly-peanut-butta-jelly!

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

I can do this all day.

I adore you and Peanut Butter :) hahaha
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome guys!! This makes me feel soooo much better about eating it. I have been on such a peanut butter kick lately and I was thinking, as I was scarffing it down last night, should I really be eating it?!?! This just confirms that yes, in moderation, I should be eating it!!!!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Eat almost a 1/4 cup a day. Love it. especially these...

DSC_0098.jpg

some of those sound amazing!

These look aweeeesomeeeeeee!

The Maple flavor from this brand is the best!
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I would not care to live in a world without peanut butter.

I always tell my wife: If the apocalypse ever comes, all I need is a van full of peanut butter.

Same! I eat peanut butter pretty much every day. If I couldn't eat peanut butter, I wouldn't want to live.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    i don't want to live in a world without peanut butter.
  • HappyAlex1
    Options
    On the show The Doctors they said peanut butter is good for you in moderation and ONLY If the ingredient list just says Peanuts and nothing else. Of course organic.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I like it. I eat it.

I get the natural kind that only has peanuts and salt in it and have a tablespoon or two at a time. Everything in moderation.
    Yes, it is a high calorie food but it has healthy fats and those are good for my body. I some some kind of nuts almost every day and really enjoy it.

Ditto.

me, too

I will 3rd this.
  • 11MichelleL
    Options
    A number of years ago for over a year I was on a diet called the Rosedale diet that bans all legumes. Yes, that includes peanuts. It was tough. But I did lose weight -- I never quite understood why the legume ban was so important -- likely having something to do with leptin levels as keeping them low is the goal of this diet.

In any case, I am now watching carbs so I'm back on the legumes in moderation. I am losing weight now, too -- although slower. But I am older and it is tough to beat that issue -- with or without peanuts.

I agree look for sugar in the ingredient listing to make sure you avoid it -- it's everywhere!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has always been a comfort food for me. Now though, I limit myself to a tablespoon at a time--sometimes on crackers or in oatmeal. Sometimes just lick it out of the tablespoon! I make sure it doesn't have extra fats or sugars in it. I'm interested in trying PB2. Can't find it locally yet, so will have to order some, but first want to research just what it contains. Anyone else know what all's in it?

The label says made with roasted peanuts sugar and salt. I use it daily and love it!
    What is PB2?
  • brigit628
    brigit628 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Sometimes I leave it plain, sometimes I put honey in it. When I want a mix up I make almond butter.

Recipe, Please?

sounds delicious!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I loooove peanut butter. I eat a 1-2 Tbsps everyday. It is fantastic in oatmeal. It keeps me going like nothing else will.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Sometimes I leave it plain, sometimes I put honey in it. When I want a mix up I make almond butter.

Recipe, Please?

sounds delicious!

All you have to do is put plain peanuts into a GOOD food processor and let it go. If will slowly go from a flour-like consistency, to kind of a paste, to a butter as the oils slowly release.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I like it. I eat it.

I get the natural kind that only has peanuts and salt in it and have a tablespoon or two at a time. Everything in moderation.
    Yes, it is a high calorie food but it has healthy fats and those are good for my body. I some some kind of nuts almost every day and really enjoy it.

Same. Its so yummy.
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! Peanut butta jelly! Peanut butta jelly! Wher'ya't?! Wher'ya't?! Peanut-butta-jelly-peanut-butta-jelly!

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

I can do this all day.

And thank you! Now I have this dang song stuck in my head!! LoL I will now have to go and watch this video!!!!!!
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    Oh, how i love peanut butter. It has to be my favorite food ever. And my biggest weakness.

Yes, it's healthy fat. However, it's still high in calories. So, for someone like me that loses weight by counting calories and staying under my set number for the day, I choose to mostly eliminate it. I do give in every once in awhile, but its one of those things I can't keep in my house because it calls my name and I answer every time. HAHA. I don't see any problem in eating it if you have self control and can measure it out to where you still stay under your calorie goals.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    i :heart: Jiff Natural PB.
    i'd imagine it's what the clouds in heaven taste like.

i've tried PB2, but could only imagine ever using it for baking....pales in comparison to the "real thing"