I take supplements. How about you?

Options

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Why do you take all that stuff? My dog does take fish oil recommended from his vet because he has trouble with his back legs.
  • MsDaraElaina
    MsDaraElaina Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, well first off you look great and your pic does give off a nice energy (sorry that's the libra in me!!)
    I've never seen one person take that many forms of vitamin B but as long as you've done you're research and you know you're not over doing it, they you should be fine. I've found that b6 is usually ok to take and I've read you can never have too much (in most cases) but I think B12 is what you need to look out for when it comes to b vitamins... Here's an article I found which is somewhat helpful: http://www.livestrong.com/article/278653-symptoms-of-too-much-vitamin-b/ - it gives you clues of what to look for if you are overdoing it... If you're clear, you're good. But it is a known fact that it is much better to get your vitamins the good ole natural way so I do my best with that bc taking 50 pills a day really gets boring (in my opinion).

I take these supplements religiously:
    Potassium (although better to eat potassium rich foods but if I don't have my daily banana, spinach or avocado I take a supplement)
    Omega 3 fish oil: vitamin shoppe (Carlson the finest lol)
    Odorless garlic
    General gender specific multi vitamin: I used to take zinc, magnesium, A, K, and D alone but figured I would just do a multi so I'm getting the recommended amounts.
    Yerma prima bentonite detox - just cleans any impurities naturally
    Teas I drink which I like to think of as natural drinkable supplements: hibiscus, green, chamomile & lavender (last two to calm my body and thoughts at night)
    I take Milk Thistle (protects liver) and Acetyl-L-Carnitine (promotes healthy brain function)
    blackberries for it's antioxidant powers and ground flaxseed for overall health benefits.
    Been meaning to start adding Gingko biloba and CoQ10 to regimen.

So for me that's a lot to remember already but I'm sure there's a few more things I can add overall! Now if I just knew that much about how to lose a little more weight, I would be in the clear!! lol -but that's why I'm here ; ) good luck to you!
  • lisahale
    lisahale Posts: 56
    Options
    Multivitamin !! That is it !
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I do B vitamins a lot, usually in liquid form.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of supplements and through healthy eating, many of these could be taken out of your life. The only supplements I take are a multivitamin and fish oil. Well, sometimes protein also when I'm trying to reach my macros.
  • fparkyr
    fparkyr Posts: 5
    Options
    I take Porcine Thyroid, Adaptamax, Vitamin D, Iodoral and a Daily Enzyme pill. But that's because I have hypothyroidism and so my adrenals suffer for it. Vitamin D and Iodine is due to the fact that I live in Vermont and you don't get much sunlight in the winter nor is there much iodine in the soil. Daily Enzyme is just to help me digest more of the food I eat.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout: cellucor c4
    intra workout: cellucor cor performance BCAA
    post workout: ON gold standard whey

also:
    mulitivitamin
    fish oil
    pes erase (high affinity inhibitor)
    natural test booster (currently zma)
    creatine monohydrate
    CLA
    green tea extract
    casein protein shake before bed
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    I keep it simple :bigsmile:

B Complex daily
    D3 4000 IU daily - My levels come in low
    C 500 milligrams daily
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I take a Super B and a prenatal vitamin everyday
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I take Porcine Thyroid, Adaptamax, Vitamin D, Iodoral and a Daily Enzyme pill. But that's because I have hypothyroidism and so my adrenals suffer for it.

What does this mean? I have hypothyroisdism too but I take synthroid for it. Shoudl i be doing something in addition??
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C.
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I take a few Herbalife supplements and that is all.

Herbalifeline - Fish oil - 2caps x 3 x day
    CoQ10+ 2 x day
    Multivitamin 3 x day
    Cell activator (increases nutrient absorption) 3 x day
    Total Control (Metabolizer - Green tea, ginger and few other goodies) 3 x day
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Only D religiously because my doctor yelled at me. I also track my iron in my log and occasionally take a supplement when I had a few bad days. I try to get the rest from food.
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was away from my computer...losing weight. lol

Anyways, I've done a lot of research and for me to comment on each of the supplements individually would take me forever cause I don't type. I joined MFP last week but I've lost 145 pounds since I decided to take control of my health. My story is on my profile page. I started taking some of these from the beginning and have added since then. The dosages are based on my taking them twice a day instead of once a day, and are far below toxic levels. I can say I always have loads of energy, my metabolism stays hot and I'm freaking starving all the time. :)
  • bostongrl13
    bostongrl13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Preworkout:
    L-Carnitine
    Methyl Pump (ANS) formula

Recovery:
    Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
    Glutamine Powder

With Meals:
    L-Carnitine
    Dialed- In Thermogenic (On a cut)
    2 EFA's with CLA (6 a day)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I keep my calories quite low, so to make sure I'm getting decent nutrition I do take supplements. I take liquid ones that are meant to be the easiest to absorb by my body. I take a multi, B-complex, and a calcium/magnesium/vitamin D. I also take cranberry pills as I'm prone to UTIs and fish oil whenever I haven't been getting fish in my diet.

Every day, when I take them, I think of Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory telling Penny that buying vitamins is just ingesting the ingredients for very expensive urine, but I did do my research and bought types which are supposed to be absorbed well, so I hope it's not a waste.
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I take a good multivitamin, a thyroid complex that is rich in selenium and idodine (I have hasimotos's), CLA, Probiotic and Omega's
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Right now I take 1tblsp of InnerEco coconut kefir probiotic & Alive multivitamin. I am interested in fermented cod liver oil, butter oil, CLA & some B vitamins. I try to increase my magnesium by eating zuchinni. There are some others I'd like to try but I can't remember right now.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in disbelief here. Please help me understand...
    I thought I took a pretty decent amount of supplements until reading this.

You take over 2000 pills per day??? (I stopped counting when I got near the 2k mark)
    My serious question is "how?" How many hundreds do you take at a time? I just cant wrap my brain around this.
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in disbelief here. Please help me understand...
    I thought I took a pretty decent amount of supplements until reading this.

You take over 2000 pills per day??? (I stopped counting when I got near the 2k mark)
    My serious question is "how?" How many hundreds do you take at a time? I just cant wrap my brain around this.

LOL... Nope, I take one (1) pill a day of each supplement I listed twice a day.