Defective Beachbody Discs?

Options
Has anyone else had any issues with Beachbody DVDs not functioning properly?
I have had several instances with multiple programs. I bought the DVDs direct from Beachbody, so they are not bootlegs.

Brand new discs, won't play in the DVD player, but will sometimes play in the computer.
BB has replaced the discs, but I continue to have the same problem over and over again.

Even bought a new DVD player, and same story.
I have had this issue with their Brazil Butt Lift DVDs, Turbofire, and the Les Mills Combat set I JUST GOT this week.

Beachbody has been decent enough to send me replacements, but it's the same issue with the replacements.

I am so frusterated. I wonder if anyone has any solutions?
Working out to my computer is not an option, since the room the computer is located in is too small to perform these workouts.

Replies

• janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I bought the P90x dvds and they have been working fine so far.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    My Brazil Butt Lift discs worked fine for months, then suddenly 1/3 stopped working all together.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My Brazil Butt Lift discs worked fine for months, then suddenly 1/3 stopped working all together.

Never had any problems... maybe its your player?
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Bought two different DVD players, cheap one and a high dollar one, same issue.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Never have had a single issue with any other DVD ever outside of Beachbody's discs
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Beachbody will try to claim that there is no way possible this could have happened if you bought directly from them or through a coach and will try to say you either bought them secondhand or from an unlicensed distributor or pirated them. They only replace defective DVDs for people who bought them through coaches.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Beachbody will try to claim that there is no way possible this could have happened if you bought directly from them or through a coach and will try to say you either bought them secondhand or from an unlicensed distributor or pirated them. They only replace defective DVDs for people who bought them through coaches.

Actually, Beachbody didn't argue with me at all. I bought them all directly from them, including Les Mills Pump that I bought just THIS WEEK. No pirated DVDs here. They have sent multiple replacements, yet the same discs, even when replaced, continue to have the same issues in my DVD players.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have Body Pump. The DVD's played fine, but when I opt for music with the workout I can't hear the instructors directions, only the music. They replaced them without hassle, but I thought it was odd.

My son complained about a problem with his Insanity disks, a few of them wouldn't play at all.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    For expensive as BB stuff is, that shouldn't be happening in the first place!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue with a disc from my first copy of Insanity.... but I had bought it at Wal Mart and I was able to return it and get a new copy with no hassles.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    grrr, scrolling forums online trying to find maybe a solution or a reason, has to do with some sort of encoding on the disc would be my assumption....so many friends have many BB programs and none of their discs do this, but I keep having repeat problems. i can't buy new DVD players every 6 months when this happens to try and fix the problem
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have several programs from Beachbody including Turbofire, ChaLEAN Extreme, Hip Hop Abs, P90X, and Rockin Body. I have never had any issues with them. But that doesn't mean I don't think it couldn't happen. They produce thousands of DVD's so they are bound to have some that have issues. What type/brand DVD player do you have?
  • marypatmccue
    Options
    I had a similar issue with a disc from my first copy of Insanity.... but I had bought it at Wal Mart and I was able to return it and get a new copy with no hassles.

Beachbody doesn't sell at walmart... or any other retailer.... except amazon, and you're buying through beachbody still.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Don't know the exact model, but it is a 100$ Toshiba DVD player I bought less than 6 months ago from Bestbuy when my other DVD player started doing the exact same thing. I switched players, and all was good for awhile, now it's starting again.
  • janessanessa
    Options

Beachbody doesn't sell at walmart... or any other retailer.... except amazon, and you're buying through beachbody still.

I was wondering the exact same thing...how one would get Insanity at Walmart
  • marypatmccue
    Options

I was wondering the exact same thing...how one would get Insanity at Walmart

One... wouldn't :wink:
  • MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That happened with my Insanity. A few of the discs won't play in my DVD player or Xbox only my laptop. Super irritating
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your discs? Are they pitted or scratched? There is also a possibility you had a bad laser on your old player and you have laser burn from that player. Check the discs. Also try using in other players...friends...neighbors?

If they are clean and look brand new and still wont play in multiple players I am not sure what to tell you. They should be working.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    That happened with my Insanity. A few of the discs won't play in my DVD player or Xbox only my laptop. Super irritating

The only thing I find super irritating is that I cant FFWD through the warning section even though I have done the DVD 20 times!!!