Am i really that size?

Options
124»

Replies

• charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right to me. I am only slightly heavier at 12 stone and my size 14s (UK) are getting a bit loose.

Another half stone and I expect to squeeze inill the to my size 12s, but I think it will be a whole stone till the 12s fit nicely.

I must be doing something seriously wrong....
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Same way here- at 115lbs, I was a US size 6. Now at 135, I'm a size 4. I don't know what happened... maybe my body shape changed?

Did you lose inches of fat but gain weight in muscle?

Nope. Gained a lot of fat. Mind you, though, this is from 11 years old to 20 years old, so it is most likely body shape.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body shape. When I was 162, I was a size10 (US).

I am now about 135-137 and wear a size 0, 2/3 or 3/4 - depending on the brand name
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    sounds like vanity sizing. i was a size 12/14 UK sizing at 143 lbs 5'6
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think you shouldn't second guess yourself- if it fits, it fits! I have a bad habit of doing that, and thinking there MUST be some kind of fluke but nope, it's all hard work. Congratulate yourself on it!
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 202 lbs. I wear a size 12/14 (US) and in some 8s or 10s depending on the designer. Like many here have already said, it depends on your body shape :-)
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft5 and i fit in UK size 14 but they are very baggy now. I now weigh 150lb's I still find myself looking on the rails for 18-20's I cannot comprehend buying smaller clothes. I look at them and think naaaaah that will never fit. But they do!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I would celebrate. i started out at 250 pounds and a size 26W in American size

Today I'm 173 pounds. I can wear a size medium on top and depending on style/cut in jeans a size 14. I am 5"4 inches tall
  • charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    I'm not sure about the UK, but in the US, clothing manufacturers definitely use vanity sizing. When I was 13, I weighed 135 pounds and wore a size 13/14. I'm now 65 years old, weigh 162 pounds, and fit into 11/12, and somes 9/10. Realizing that women didn't like wearing large sizes, the manufacturers changed the sizes. First it was the high end clothiers, so their wealthy clients could brag that they were a size 2 or a size 0...and not be like the rest of us.. Then everybody got on the bandwagon, and not only do we now we have size 0, we have sizes 00, extra small, extra extra small, and extra extra extra small! It's crazy.
  • EmHorn4
    EmHorn4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Here is a good website for seeing real women, at real sizes that can compare to you. I like to check this website out every now and then to see if I'm kidding myself, or if I feel like I size up to similar sized women wearing the same size pants/shirt. Everyone is so different!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", 159.5 pounds and I wear a 6/8 (US) depending on the brand name. In Jennifer Lopez jeans, I can wear a 4! However, in jeans that have no stretch in them, I need a 8/10 just to fit my thighs, but they are HUGE around my waist, as most of my weight is really coming off my waist (28.5 inch waist, hips 36 inches and and my thighs are 24 inches around currently) I started out at 210 and was wearing a 12/14. I have to constantly buy new clothes too, because as soon as I buy something, it is too big on me one month later..awesome, but not awesome on my checking account :/
  • andreamossy
    andreamossy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So i'm a 5ft 6 female and i've lost 31lbs (2st 3lbs)

I currently weigh 167lbs (11st 13lbs) and used to weigh 198lbs (14st 2lbs)

I used to be a UK dress size 16 (US 12) but then i recently found myself fitting into my old UK 14's (US 10)

however, after dropping the last 5lbs I went shopping and found myself fitting into size 12's (US 8)
    sometimes they were a bit tight but they fitted nevertheless.

i feel like i weigh too much to be able to be this size and part of me wonders if maybe i'm just kidding myself??

Any thoughts on this and has anyone has similar experiences?

I weigh 160-162 and I wear a size 8, sometimes a 6/10... just depends on the brand.. accept it :)

I find this extremely hard to believe...are you taller than 5'6'' and are you talking about UK sizes?
    I am 5'6'' and it's US sizing (well I am in Canada, but anyways)
    And it's true... I also wear a small/medium top! and I have a gross twin belly that is getting hacked off later this year... sooooo I would be smaller then!

Ahhh now you say US sizing it makes more sense!!

Well I was wondering why you wouldn't believe me!! I was a bit confused :) I have NO IDEA how UK sizing works :)

According to the internet, UK sizes are roughly 2 sizes bigger than US sizes (the number i mean) so your US size 8 would be a UK size 12...a size 8 in the UK is a size 2 US ...which is why i was like what???!!! lol

I carry 30 lbs in my boobs? HEHE!!!!!

BAHA ME TOO!
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the UK, but in the US, clothing manufacturers definitely use vanity sizing. When I was 13, I weighed 135 pounds and wore a size 13/14. I'm now 65 years old, weigh 162 pounds, and fit into 11/12, and somes 9/10. Realizing that women didn't like wearing large sizes, the manufacturers changed the sizes. First it was the high end clothiers, so their wealthy clients could brag that they were a size 2 or a size 0...and not be like the rest of us.. Then everybody got on the bandwagon, and not only do we now we have size 0, we have sizes 00, extra small, extra extra small, and extra extra extra small! It's crazy.

Too true!