Defective Beachbody Discs?

Options

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That happened with my Insanity. A few of the discs won't play in my DVD player or Xbox only my laptop. Super irritating

The only thing I find super irritating is that I cant FFWD through the warning section even though I have done the DVD 20 times!!!

Press the button uhm...... it looks like this
    I >>

YOu know what I mean. it'll skip "scenes"
    It's true...!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    That happened with my Insanity. A few of the discs won't play in my DVD player or Xbox only my laptop. Super irritating

The only thing I find super irritating is that I cant FFWD through the warning section even though I have done the DVD 20 times!!!

I >>

It's true...!

OMG. Ive tried!!!! a BILLION TIMES!!! Its either my DVD player or the series Disc that I have. When I try ANY button during the warning, it always tells me when i press any button that it is prohibited from performing that operation!!! The insanity discs are the only ones that happens with. P90x...X2 and Combat let me go right through.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I >>

It's true...!

OMG. Ive tried!!!! a BILLION TIMES!!! Its either my DVD player or the series Disc that I have. When I try ANY button during the warning, it always tells me when i press any button that it is prohibited from performing that operation!!! The insanity discs are the only ones that happens with. P90x...X2 and Combat let me go right through.

Sucky!
    Mine works. THANK HEAVENS... I'd go mental.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Several of my P90X discs cause my DVD to have a horrible buzzing/rattle noise. I have to tip it up on end to make it stop. This has never happened with any other discs and I am assuming they are somehow unbalanced. Mine were purchased from Beachbody via Amazon.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your discs? Are they pitted or scratched? There is also a possibility you had a bad laser on your old player and you have laser burn from that player. Check the discs. Also try using in other players...friends...neighbors?

If they are clean and look brand new and still wont play in multiple players I am not sure what to tell you. They should be working.

Discs look pristine, I literally JUST GOT from Beachbody two days ago, wouldn't play from the get go, first time I tried. I can get them to play in the laptop, but not on my regular computer. And when the disc is loading, it makes a horrible chomping/grinding noise with those discs that don't work but not with the others.

I am so confused.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What condition are the disc's in ? How dirty is your laser lense ?
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Ok, allow me to repeat, discs are brand new, excellent condition. Just got in mail two days ago. DVD player is practically new, 6 months old, hardly used with the advent of Netflix. And only Beachbody discs act up, CDs and other movies play fine.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Please don't get defensive.

Could you record what's happening and put it on YouTube ?
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion but perhaps it's a region thing? I've never had problems with my P90X or Insanity DVDs but my Les Mills Pump DVDs came up as being a totally different region. They wouldn't play and instead I had green, black, pink and grey squares on the screen. Do you think that might be the issue? If they play in the laptop it suggests that the discs are OK but there's some other problem...

Cat
  • janessanessa
    Options
    I wasen't getting defensive, just repeating what I said before. I don't have a video camera to document what has happened, although I have photographs of what the screen on my television looks like when I put the disc in and it won't play. I don't know how to load pictures on here though. Tips?
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Just a suggestion but perhaps it's a region thing? I've never had problems with my P90X or Insanity DVDs but my Les Mills Pump DVDs came up as being a totally different region. They wouldn't play and instead I had green, black, pink and grey squares on the screen. Do you think that might be the issue? If they play in the laptop it suggests that the discs are OK but there's some other problem...

Cat

Pink squares, and occasionally blue. Yes, I can show if I can figure out how to post photos here.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The one I tried was defective. I watched the whole thing and when it was over I put down my coke and pizza, turned off the dvd player and weighed myself. Didn't lose a single ounce...In fact, I gained a couple pounds! I was SO ticked!!!
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That's funny - We bought Insanity, and we have to put in another DVD (any one, doesn't matter) and eject it before we put in any of our Insanity discs or it won't get recognised by our blue ray player and won't play. Pain in the *kitten*, but it works. Never thought of returning or exchanging them . . .
  • janessanessa
    Options
    That's funny - We bought Insanity, and we have to put in another DVD (any one, doesn't matter) and eject it before we put in any of our Insanity discs or it won't get recognised by our blue ray player and won't play. Pain in the *kitten*, but it works. Never thought of returning or exchanging them . . .

I will try that and see if it works for me, if all else fails.
  • janessanessa
    Options

Cat

Ok, both of these images are from just putting the disc in, and waiting for it to load up to the menu screen. Two different times, different results, same disc.

(apologies, the second image is backwards, but shows up the right way on the screen, just didn't flip flop when I was editing pics up)

blue1.jpg
    pink1.jpg
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options

I was wondering the exact same thing...how one would get Insanity at Walmart

One... wouldn't :wink:
    actually yes one would. In canada walmart has been selling BB DVDs for years (P90X, insanity and turbofire at least, I dont remember seeing other programs)
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have Chalene Extreme that I bought used and TurboFire I got from a groupon. I have to CONSTANTLY clean these disks or they freeze. I workout in my basement and if its chilly, I have to warm the disks first (no lie).

Two of my TurboFire disks never worked. If i put the 45 EZ in the player freezes and I have to entirely unplug the unit.

I am scared to put them in my computer.. way too expensive to risk on BB. My first dvd player broke and I blamed my BeachBody dvds.

My sister has P90x and says the same thing. They are wonky DVDs.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've had the opposite problem with TF, I play mine on my computer and was having trouble, but they worked fine on a regular DVD player. Finally I just uploaded them on my computer and no longer deal with the discs.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    I have Chalene Extreme that I bought used and TurboFire I got from a groupon. I have to CONSTANTLY clean these disks or they freeze. I workout in my basement and if its chilly, I have to warm the disks first (no lie).

Two of my TurboFire disks never worked. If i put the 45 EZ in the player freezes and I have to entirely unplug the unit.

I am scared to put them in my computer.. way too expensive to risk on BB. My first dvd player broke and I blamed my BeachBody dvds.

My sister has P90x and says the same thing. They are wonky DVDs.

Good lord, I am so glad that I am not the only person with issues......I just wish Beachbody would take steps to try and address the quality control issues and inconsistency.
  • janessanessa
    Options

I was wondering the exact same thing...how one would get Insanity at Walmart

One... wouldn't :wink:
    actually yes one would. In canada walmart has been selling BB DVDs for years (P90X, insanity and turbofire at least, I dont remember seeing other programs)

Good to know, thank you for the clarification. :)