A Cleanse that my Aunt sent me

Options
This is something I plan starting May 1st, I don't know how well it will work but we'll see. I find it easier to start this sort of stuff at the beginning of the month rather than the middle which is why I'm waiting. If you try this before I do, lemme know how well it worked for you!

Cleanse
Days 1-3, fast. Drink lots of water, water with lemon, herbal tea (caffeine free), diluted non-citrus fruit juice (I like grape and cranberry. They taste the best watered down. 1/2 juice 1/2 water).
Avoid stressful situations and strenuous exercise. I eat dinner on the third day due to passing out one time. You will be irritable and exhausted by the third day.

Days 4-8, You can eat non-citrus fruits, brown rice and vegetables. I usually steam my veggies or sometimes saute them in a little olive oil.
This gets kind of boring so mix up your veggie choices. After a few days of this you can do light exercise such as walking for 30 min.

Days 9-14, Add chicken and fish to the diet you are already on. Grilled or steamed is best. Using different spices can help with the boring.
After a few days of this you can increase your exercise.

After this you can add dairy and other things back into your diet but be smart about how much. By this time smaller portions should fill you up. The more things you add to your diet the less you should have of others. (ie; once you add the chicken and fish you should only be eating maybe half of the amount of brown rice you were before.) You will feel better and have more energy. Not need to sleep in as long, etc.
As a side note, try not to start this process when you have celebrations or special occasions coming up. These things make it hard to stay on track.

Replies

• here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    This sounds terrible. Anything that makes you "You will be irritable and exhausted by the third day" is really not something I or anyone should want to try.
  • catrunsintowindow
    catrunsintowindow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is a bad idea. You need a cleanse the same way you need to run your car without gas and oil.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    NOPPPE, nope nope nope...
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    NO thank you.
    Small deficit and exercise is all you need to do.
    It is just that simple.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Oh nooooooooooooooooo.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    "I eat dinner on the third day due to passing out one day."

Anything with that kind of side effect, I do only under medical supervision.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner on the third day due to passing out one time.

and this...that just doesn't sound good. :noway:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    T3e7CJo.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    No. Stop hitting yourself.

vagxL9c.gif
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Your aunt is making some really poor diet decisions.
  • alexispres
    alexispres Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that people think this works
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't your aunt like you?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This sounds terrible. Anything that makes you "You will be irritable and exhausted by the third day" is really not something I or anyone should want to try.

For the win
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    No.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Did you ask your aunt why she doesn't love you?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner on the third day due to passing out one time.

and this...that just doesn't sound good. :noway:

IKR! Talk about a HUGE RED FLAG OP! No and NOOOOOOOOO!
  • BillyWeaver1234
    Options
    You'll probably get rabies
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Anything that will make you pass out sounds like it's probably a bad idea
  • JessicaNicoleSo
    Options

AMEN!
This discussion has been closed.