Tired - need advice

Options
2»

Replies

• BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you're busy! I thought I was busy, but you have me beat times 3! You need sleep. PERIOD. And serious props (kudos? Lacking a better term here...) to you for keeping up with yourself at all!
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B supplements have helped my fatigue. I work long hours, train hard, run a house but only have a 16 year old left at home. I have been where you are and it does get better.

Donna
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Drink more coffee and eat more.

Why ask for advice if you don't wish to open your diary or listen to the advice? You are doing way more activity than can be supported by 1200 calories. You've opened your diary in the past, got told to eat more, didn't listen and now you're back asking for advice because what you are doing is not working. Are you willing to try something that will work yet?

Eat more. Eat more. Eat more.

^^^^^ This. 100% this.

I do less than you and eat 1600 cals a day to lose. Your body is crying out for more food - and you are ignoring it. :noway:

And this again. If something's wrong, fix it. If you only have a little to lose and you're tired, reduce your deficit.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'd be tired too. Working with a little one at home exhausting.

Make sure all your food choices are good ones, keep the sugar down so you don't crash down afterward. And be kind to yourself.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Throwing my lot in with the eat more bunch. Eat more food, get more sleep whenever possible. Make room in your calories for more coffee.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've dropped my training down to 2 days a week and I feel worse. I've increased my calories in the past and I put on weight and again didn't feel any better.

Not opening my diary has nothing to do with not wanting to be told to eat more calories, I accept that people don't agree with 1200 a day (and I honestly struggle some days). The reason I refuse is because I've had people berate me for eating to much sugar (from fruit), too many carbs/not enough carbs, have a go at me for any little treat etc. I don't need to be made to feel like *kitten* by randoms.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    what time does your baby go to bed? i would workout then
  • ZTazlor
    ZTazlor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have recently started taking an Iron supplement with Vit C for increased absorbtion.
    I know that supplements aren't for everybody, but it may help. :)
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good points about the fruit sugars, will take that on board. Nuts and seeds are a good idea too, thanks.

Sorry not willing to open my food diary. I have in the past and I'm sick of being berated because I'm one of 'those 1200cal a day' people, or getting picked on due to coffee/sugar/chocolate.

I have a couple of kilo's of fat to lose but I also want to increase my fitness and lean muscle mass.

I'm honestly not berating you for eating only 1200 calories a day, but I promise you that you will have more energy if you give your body more fuel and you will still lose weight (more efficiently and more quickly, too). If you are willing to be patient with your body while it adjusts to being adequately fueled, you will feel so much more energetic, will feel better overall and will lose weight. I hope you find something that works.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    She goes to bed at 7pm, however by the time I make lunches, clean up etc its 7.30/8pm and i'm exhausted. However it might be worth a try for a week to see if that helps thanks :)

I'm sure alot of you are genuine about seeing my diary etc but I'm jaded from past experience sorry!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't actually want to look at your diary as that's not my thing. And if I did look I'd only check for total calories and maybe protein. Couldn't care less about what type of food or sugars or processed or blah blah blah. But I didn't need to look at your diary or even need you to say you only eat 1200 for me to know the problem is too few calories. It's simple math. Calories ARE energy, and a lack of calories means a lack of energy. Sometimes a lack of sleep, but you said you were getting 9 hours a day so we can move on from that.

I'm no professional at this, but I've got a pretty good grasp of what's required to get lean. Yet last month I adjusted my calories and workout plan and goofed up. Bad. Like 800 calories to low bad. For three weeks, I couldn't had no energy. Couldn't play with my kids. Couldn't stay up past 8 pm to watch TV. Wasn't interested in sex. Took two naps a day. Normally I'm very energetic so this was unusual. Looked at my diary and activity again and realized my basic math error. Added 700 calories to my diet. Lo and behold I'm in a better mood, I'm chasing my kids around all day and chasing my wife around all night. My energy is back *and I'm losing weight right on schedule*.

Tired all the time means Eat More. Both for you and for me.
  • Diesel_Girl
    Options
    Why are you working more than 40 hours a week??! Work to live, not live to work.

Easier said than done. :noway:
  • asiantaye
    asiantaye Posts: 26
    Options
    Your schedule sounds like mine :-) I drink green tea instead of coffee. It gives me the boost I need , but also allows me to sleep. As far as chocolate(which I love) I eat a chocolate quest bar, which gives me a boost as well as my chocolate fix.