If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?

Options

Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation!
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Are you eating and exercising healthy right now today? If not, fix it now. Today is all that matters. Process is all.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This is all great advice so I am bumping for future motivation and support!! :)
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Remember to subtract your BMR when logging exercise calories!
  • jtgilfoy
    jtgilfoy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Most applicable to me personally, I'd say that exercise is for fitness and diet is for weight loss. Both important, but not exactly the same goal.
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    get rid of soda, even diet. Log everything. I learned that when I am out of control ( so I think) I tend to give up with the attitude of " i cant do this" " i will start over another day" but when I log everything I learned that its not hopeless and I can make up for damage done and save the day.

I love this!! Sometimes when you don't even want to face the calories but make yourself log anyways it does more to help then hinder. Yeah, maybe you went over, but you know you can make up for it during the rest of the week.
    Also, don't stop counting once you have lost the weight! I lost 40lbs and didn't think I needed MFP anymore...well I ended up gaining most of it back! Counting calories if not just for overweight people, it is a good idea for everyone. And since I came back to MFP, I have lost 25 lbs again
  • hjkcollins
    Options
    Don't give up, think of your journey as a lifestyle change and not a "diet" because 25 years I tried to "diet" and failed. Past 3 years of a lifestyle change of eating healthy,making better choices, and right nutrition and planned workout programs I have been able to loss 118lbs and keep it off all Because of right tools and dedication! NEVER GIVE UP!!!
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    that weight loss is just as much an emotional journey as it is physical and inner change produces lasting change.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Lift.Heavy.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have a success story: If you could give one piece of advice to folks starting their journey, what would it be?

3 tips:

1. Consume less than your TDEE and you will lose weight
    2. Lift weight during your weight loss to protect as much muscle as you can
    3. IIFYM

This. Keep it Simple.
    Do it for fitness, not weightloss.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of failure, be afraid of quitting.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You don't have to dread working out. There are hundreds of ways to be active and burn calories -- find something you enjoy and look forward to.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself.

That old advise about using only positive self-talk really is true. Believe in yourself, love yourself and all the hard work it takes to get fit & healthy becomes a little easier to commit to. After all, you know you're worth it!
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race, patience! ^_^
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to go out, drink lots of vodka and have a great time! :drinker:
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    "A man can only give up in two ways if he quits or he dies."-Unknown
    or
    ---> Nutrition: "If you can't kill it, grow it or pick it don't eat it."
  • lkweber21
    lkweber21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would say to take pictures and measurements along the way as the scale doesn't show all!!!
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Have faith in yourself.
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't think ohh 1200 calories I'll just eat what ever I like and just stick under that. Fruit, Veggies and lean protein whole grains and watch your portion sizes. You can eat everything in moderation but just make sure you're having the portion size. Especially in the world we live in today where everything is super sized.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: Logging everyday no matter what ....:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!