Male opinions please...

Options

Replies

• ClintShields
    Options
    Considering I go to the gym 5/6 days a week, see the same people over and over and still barely get nods from the fitness trainers or others working out, i'd say him giving you a nod after making eye contact is GREAT! Like most have said, he could be shy, busy, or like myself prefer not to stop and start up conversation in the gym as it side tracks me and start to lose my motivation to keep working out. It's happened multiple times and after the 3rd/4th person you get in a 5/10 minute convo with you just cut so much into your workout. It's only the first time seeing him there after connecting, dont be touchy, just be friendly and it'll work out!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options

I've just about had it with the games of online dating. Good luck.

I found out that I'm so not into the whole online dating thing - at least for now but that's another worthy thread. :drinker:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

kind regards,

Ben

Aww cute
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options

I've just about had it with the games of online dating. Good luck.

I found out that I'm so not into the whole online dating thing - at least for now but that's another worthy thread. :drinker:

I could write a book on it. I just might do that someday.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    this is a difficult situation to read. my first instinct was that it was a "diss." sure, he could be shy or have no social skills....but if you're interested in someone and they make it clear that they are nearby...wouldn't you go say hi?

if i were you, i'd wait it out. if he texts you or comes up to you next time you're in the gym, disregard what i'm saying now. i don't suggest you ask him about it...that could come off as super clingy.
    ^^^^^ i agree
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Y'all are great!!!

Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one that sucks at dating (online or otherwise) As with my health and fitness, I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • yoyofighter
    yoyofighter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    rSHntpm.jpg

OMG. :laugh: Not all that helpful at the moment but I'll save that for later for sure!

I *kitten* love this!!!!!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The trail is cold. Call in the dogs. Pee on the fire. There aint nothing happening here.

Trust me, if he is interested, it's not very much.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    My last woman trained me not to have opinions.
  • RedHotHunter
    Options
    My last woman trained me not to have opinions.

LMAO Oh dear...
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Considering I go to the gym 5/6 days a week, see the same people over and over and still barely get nods from the fitness trainers or others working out, i'd say him giving you a nod after making eye contact is GREAT! Like most have said, he could be shy, busy, or like myself prefer not to stop and start up conversation in the gym as it side tracks me and start to lose my motivation to keep working out. It's happened multiple times and after the 3rd/4th person you get in a 5/10 minute convo with you just cut so much into your workout. It's only the first time seeing him there after connecting, dont be touchy, just be friendly and it'll work out!
    why didn't he just say that?
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Are you in junior high? If you are interested, go over there and say wassup.
  • RedHotHunter
    Options
    Are you in junior high? If you are interested, go over there and say wassup.

I believe the point of my post was that I was trying to do just that.
    You do realize that by asking "are you in jr high" you just made it sound as if you are? Your rude comment was unneccessary.
    :grumble:
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If you are interested, go over there and say wassup.

I agree
  • Scott15Fit
    Options

Or text him back saying "You should come say hello next time"

Most guys don't get subtle hints, alot of guys don't get obvious ones, if you want attention ask for it.
  • RedHotHunter
    Options

I agree

:smile: That reads sooo much better without the first sentence included.
    Point is that i was tryin. After all the feedback I'm of the mind that he might be nterested but only slightly. So I'll leave communication up to him. If I do see him there again, I'll walk right up mid set and say hello. If that's too subtlle, then he's not the right guy for me anyway.
  • markdavy1982
    markdavy1982 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    He might be embarrassed as your in better shape :)
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i'd next him! personally.
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Dont ask him!!! Who cares?? Continue to just wave and say hello let him come to you after all its not like you know him??
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    eh, My gut says a diss. But he could have been running late someplace, or maybe he was going on another date? I don't know. Where you completely honest in your POF profile? ie pictures, etc? I know when I was single the last time there were plenty of people who I saw on there that I know from this being a small town and they are NOTHING like how they portray themselves... Was he just as you expected him to be appearance wise? Maybe he was embarrassed?

Let us know what happens!