Wii Team for JULY !

Options
Here we are July ! Welcome all , new friends and old who are working and playing with any of the Wii fitness games. :flowerforyou:

Post your goals and lets support each other to reach them. My last two months have had a set back, so i am going to make a modest goal this month of just 3 nights, and hour each. I do hope for more, but am going to ease back in.

Welcome any competitions with the Wii Fit Plus games! I have held the title for skateboarding far too long. I will work on my sad super hula score!

Hope everyone's summer is going so far so good, and if not, well we will just to make it better.

One thing I like about July is the month starts with a 3 day weekend. Woo hoo. :drinker:

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm up for Super Hula Hoop-ing!
    The kids can't touch my score...ha ha ha
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this. I do the wii fit every night though. Can you explain how this team works?
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    I'm new to this. I do the wii fit every night though. Can you explain how this team works?

Welcome wmb0124! Nothing complicated goin on here, we all just set goals for ourselves ,try and meet them, and chat about Wii things, or anything really. Friendly competitions arise for specific games sometimes, just to help motivate us competitive types.

Good to see ya mj. It has been my fear there would be a super hula challenge, as I just suck at it, lol. It's all good though, I will give it a go, just to see if I can get close to you hula experts. Post those scores everyone!
  • RachMartin
    RachMartin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What's your scores then? :-)
    My super hula hoop is 810
    What other activities are you guys the champions of in your household? ;-)
    Rach xx
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    short and sweet update -

Goals - workout with EA Sports and More Active 4 nights a week alternating, squeeze in Wii fit on 2 days, and get my Jillian 30 day shred on again!

I'm terrible at the hula hoop - but I'm game to try to get it higher! I just can't seem to wiggle fast enought, lol! Happy July to everyone!
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    Oh I am so happy to see this thread! I just bought my Wii last weekend and I love it!!!! I have been trying to get more active and now I am!!! I am totally game to join along with any challenges that you have going on. I have only gotten to 250 on Super Hula Hoop lol! So i am hoping to bump everything up.

Linda
  • RachMartin
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Here's a great list of the ten best exercise games for the Wii
    It comes with reviews and little movies so you can watch screen shots of the games
    I think I'm gonna have to purchase 1 or 2 of these :-)
    Have a look and I hope it helps :-)
    Rach xx

http://www.nutwiisystem.com/best-wii-exercise-games.html
  • wmb0124
    Options
    ok. my first goal will be to work out for at least 30 minute each night. i usually get some time in almost everyday, and i always do the body test in the mornings but sometimes don't make it to the training. so for right now, training for 30 minutes a day is my goal =)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm going big for my July goal on the WiiFit+, 'cause I just gotta get something shake up around here!

M - Th, 30 minutes, and a family challenge Saturday afternoons....my kids hate to lose against their mama!:laugh: :laugh:
  • spike1380
    spike1380 Posts: 82
    Options
    I think I'll fit in here. I love my Wii Fit Plus!

My favorites are Rhythm Boxing (Advanced), Advanced Step, and the Obstacle Course. I don't like the Super Hula Hoop but I do the 10 minute at least 3 times a week. I do the 10 minute boxing at least once a day, sometimes twice. I'm getting irritated with the boxing though because I have only successfully dodged 3 or 4 times and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! It's driving me crazy!

I like skateboarding but I'm not very good at it. I unlocked Advanced but I don't think I've ever actually finished it.

One of these days I'd like to be fit enough to try the 30-day Shred or P90X but right now I'm so out of shape and my arms are so weak from tennis elbow that I'll stick with my Wii. I'm using the boxing, juggling, and archery from the Sports Resort to try to build some strength back in my arms. It's so sad that about 15 months ago I was lifting 50-75 pounds repeatedly for 8 hours a day and today I couldn't pick up a cast iron teapot.
  • RachMartin
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Here's a great list of the ten best exercise games for the Wii
    It comes with reviews and little movies so you can watch screen shots of the games
    I think I'm gonna have to purchase 1 or 2 of these :-)
    Have a look and I hope it helps :-)
    Rach xx

http://www.nutwiisystem.com/best-wii-exercise-games.html

Top of the list is EA sports active - rrp £44.99
    Check out this website to get it for a massive sale price of £13.99 includes leg strap, resistance band and free delivery!!!
    BARGAIN!

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/8114672/EA-Sports-Active-Personal-Fitness-Trainer/Product.html
  • spike1380
    Options
    YAY!!!! I had a great Wii today! I went from the very bottom of the score board on Juggling to knocking my boyfriend off the #1 spot AND I did it by passing his high score by over 200 points! I broke 1000!!! I also beat my high score on advanced step, unlocked advanced juggling, and tight rope walking, and reached the end of the tight rope for the first time!

I also had to modify the expert boxing because it's getting too easy. Now instead of just stepping forward or backward, I actually go into a lunge and hold it til it's time to move my feet again. I still can't dodge though. WTH?!?!?!

I think that they need to make another Wii Fit. I want more boxing and step options. I love them both but they can get very boring. I know I can probably find boxing and step games but I want to keep it in the Fit because I like how it keeps track of everything. I'd do the expert boxing for an hour a day if it had more variations.
  • wmb0124
    Options
    I lost my nunchuck! AHHHH! I love the big top juggling game and I can't play it without the nunchuck!

On a better note, I did an hour of wii fit saturday evening because I knew I wouldn't get to it sunday because of holiday activities. I was excited to do my half hour today but I couldn't complete my circuit without my nunchuck! I hope I can find that booger. I don't want to buy another one.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Stuck inside for rain today....and away at work, so it is Wii day! Just got the Wii fit plus last week and really enjoying the new feature of it telling you how many calories you are burning. Just broke 3500 for the first time on the super hula hoop 10 minute expert cycle. My abs are sore now! Got close last week, but then couldn't do it for 3 days because I was so sore! LOL! Rounded it out with some fun, the new obstacle course and some bowling at the end! 67 minutes total and 271 calories burned.
  • spike1380
    Options
    I also did 67 minutes today! I did a combo of 16 yoga and strength then expert boxing, advanced step (3 times) and 1 obstacle course. I'm such a nerd so it really makes me happy when the crowd goes crazy when I'm doing well on the step!
  • spike1380
    Options
    When I was in NY last week, I went to Big Lots. They have double Wii packs for $20. I found Punch Out. I had never heard of it and it looked interesting, especially since I like the Wii Fit boxing so much. But, I had never heard of it and I didn't get it. Now I've done some research and I'm really regretting not getting it. Do any of you use it? What do you think? Is it a better workout than the Fit Boxing? Should I send my sister to the store to get it for me?
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Even though it is mid-July can I jump in? It has been over a year since I used my Wii Fit between my DH being on deployment and moving (where the only place TV was set up was with carpet and I can't locate my risers) I just didn't get on. Anyway, I finally have a set up where i can use my Wii Fit and I could use some motivation/support. My goal is to do 30 minute combo of free-step/regular & advanced step/hula hoop 3 days a week (or more).
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    :heart: bumping this to come back to looks like fun :bigsmile:
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I don't know if you have sussed out the Wii boxing dodging. I found you actually have to move both the controllers to the side that you are dodging also on there side as well as your body!! This should recognise that you are dodging!
  • spike1380
    Options
    Welcome new people!

loopybec: Thanks for the tip. RachMartin sent me a message about that a few days ago. I have been doing much better on the dodging.