Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. I don't have any more weight to lose but I'm always looking for new friends in fitness .
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your not alone! Feel free to add me, I'm here for a lifetime change of healthier eating, and daily exercise!
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 46.. I need friends to motivate me.
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    41, don't use age as an excuse :)

If anything you can show as much determination and achieve even more than younger you of 10-20 years ago.

Feel free to add / check my blog on here for info.
  • killerfairies
    Options
    Yep, am 45 (but still 24 in my head):smile:
  • KimberAnnF
    Options
    Hi All, I'm 43.
  • 17forbes
    17forbes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    HI
    i am 47 :)
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am trying to lose a few years - I mean lbs... :happy:
  • fallyally12
    Options
    Hello,I'm-46-and-started-my-fitness-2-weeks-ago.
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 40, anyone please feel free to add me. I post every day and like to encourage everyone. Only been here 3 weeks now. Good luck on your continued journey.
  • vintagemiss
    Options
    i'll be 44 next week
    have about 5 stone to lose desperate to lose and tone up by autumn, don't know if possible
    .. been having *online* romance with old school friend, we've now got to the swapping photos bit eeeeep .. thankfully passed with flying colours (don't carry weight on my face) but now have about 6-7 months to really try and shape up for landmark school reuinion.. he says its whats inside that counts but after awful marriage which finished 6 mths ago he has given me hope can find love and happiness again, one of the things that ruined last marriage was my weight issues .. wouldn't go out, wouldn't get intimate, hated myself, he's made me love myself again so really need to crack this weight problem once and for all... for myself mainly, but for another shot at happiness also
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    46 here.

Don't want to lose weight, but I want to turn a beer belly into muscle! :)
  • alwayskungfu
    Options
    Father time tells me it's forty to nine but I can't hear I play the music way way to load :glasses:
  • reachingforthemoon
    Options
    I'm 47 have loads to loose and lots of friends to make :0) Not a mid-life crisis more like a re-evaluation of life:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and have been at a plateau for nearly a month. I'm running the Broad Street Run 10-miler on May 5, and have about 20 pounds I'd like to lose, but I'm stuck. I also see a personal trainer twice a week in preparation for the run. I think it's harder to lose weight at my age because my metabolism is much slower than it used to be, hence, much less food is needed. I do not eat junk (very much), seldom eat highly processed carbs, and have a fairly clean diet on a day-to-day basis. My run pace is pretty darned good for 51 years old, and I can only think what it would be like if I weren't carrying around two ten-pound weights when I run.
  • desampson
    Options
    Age 42. Be 43 in July.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and had lost 11 lbs in 2 months on MFP. Had a bit of a setback with a herniated disc so I gained a few back. Hitting it hard again now that I feel good. I love to golf and finally can see a bit of grass here in MN!
  • kwyndroski
    Options
    I am 41, hit the brick wall at 40 and now I am trying to lose the weight and get my body working agai.
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im 47 and feel better than when I was 20 :)
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    YOU can DO IT