Any heavy lifters with breast implants?

Options

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm not speaking from experience. Woot woot to au-naturale!

Well done to you for doing nothing, no really, how proud you must be of your genetics.

^ This.

I agree with everyone else, discuss with your surgeon and take the appropriate amount of time off. Maybe you could use this time to do some lighter cardio exercises e.g. pilates?
    That way you are still keeping your fitness up but doing something far more suitable for how tender you are going to be.
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Well done to you for doing nothing, no really, how proud you must be of your genetics.

^ This.

I agree with everyone else, discuss with your surgeon and take the appropriate amount of time off. Maybe you could use this time to do some lighter cardio exercises e.g. pilates?
    That way you are still keeping your fitness up but doing something far more suitable for how tender you are going to be.

I'm planning to follow my Dr.s instructions exactly. Like I said I'm not looking to take anyone's advice here over his, I was asking for people who have had this actually done to share their experiences with me. And when he gives me the ok to start being active again I will definitely start with some light cardio & take it from there. Trust me I'm paying a lot for this procedure & I'm not planning on doing anything to ruin my investment.
  • khall86790
    Options
    Reasons for breast surgery are many and while a lot of men claim they like "natural" breasts, most people could not tell a well done boob job apart from the 'au naturale'.

My mom had a boob job because she ended up with one and a half boobs after breast surgery, my sister had breast reduction surgery to help her with back pains and a friend had surgery because her one breast was nearly two cups bigger than the other which was causing a load of back problems on her and she could not find a bra to fit &had to wear padding on the other side. Most breast surgery is not done to get "nicer" boobs. Don't just assume, it may offend people who don't have a choice.

Exactly. It's really rude actually. I'm not someone who has small boobs & just wants them bigger. I wouldn't mind having small & cute breasts, but that's not the case. Without going into detail, they are basically deformed looking & It's something that has always bothered me, but I've never been in a place where I could afford to have it fixed. Now I am so I am treating myself, I've worked very hard on my body to lose weight & tone up & I want to feel proud when I look in the mirror, not self conscious & ashamed.

Woah now, that got out of hand really fast. I was just saying that while I know about exercising after major surgery (spinal fusion for the win) I don't know about exercise recommendations after that particular surgery. I have no problem with breast augmentation or breast surgery and I don't think anything I said was rude!

Then I misunderstood. I thought you were basically criticizing me for not being proud of being natural.
    "Woot woot to au-naturale!"

hmm... to me it sounds just offensive.

I think you may all be taking this a little personally....note how she gave advice....THEN realised to mention how hers are natural and yes she's proud but no did she never make the assumption that anything less isn't good enough !!

take it easy, have a morning coffee and let it go ! boobs are boobs, she merely forgot to mention she hasn't actually had the op.

The point is that poster had no reason to let everyone else know about her boobs. It's not about her boobs. This post is about the OP wanting to maintain their lifestyle after surgery (for whatever reasons she is getting the surgery, it's no one's business anyway and a woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her body for whatever reason she wants). I think the post about having natural boobs was totally inappropriate and unnecessary to the conversation. If I was the OP, it definitely would have hurt me to have read it, it's almost like rubbing it in her face.
  • khall86790
    Options

^ This.

I'm planning to follow my Dr.s instructions exactly. Like I said I'm not looking to take anyone's advice here over his, I was asking for people who have had this actually done to share their experiences with me. And when he gives me the ok to start being active again I will definitely start with some light cardio & take it from there. Trust me I'm paying a lot for this procedure & I'm not planning on doing anything to ruin my investment.

Which is exactly the right attitude. If I'm being honest I was reading this thread out of curiosity because it's an idea I am flirting with. I can't claim to have any knowledge on it, so I'm interested in learning from responses you've had too.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hello! Next Tuesday will be three weeks post-op for me. As far as lifting is concerned, NO. Just don't. You won't be able to lift at your normal capacity anyway. I'm a personal trainer and I'm still struggling to demonstrate a chest flye without weights.

After less than a week I was able to do some light exercise--the elliptical without using the arms and unweighted squats/lunges. I guess you could do spinning and Zumba too, it's just not something I really do. My PS told me that I could get on the stationary bike as soon as the day after surgery if I wanted to, but that I won't want to. He was right... Some surgeons tell their patients to do no exercise for two months. My surgeon was a college football player, so I think he's a bit more aggressive with exercise.

My normal routine is a combination of crossfit, heavy lifting, and HIIT running so this is a big change. However, your body needs the rest and it's SO worth it. Once I'm back to normal, I think I'll skip any heavy chest workouts and just get all the tricep work I need by isolation. I don't want to risk any shifting. Hope that helps!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

I think I love you!
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm au naturale...and wanting to change that asap. After breastfeeding 3 babies, it's a sad situation. RIP the nice breasts of my 20's.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have thought about getting implants because I had pretty sizeable boobs and then they just deflated as I have been losing weight... I think I actually lost there first.. Grrrr... Mine is strictly for asthetic purposes.. My guy is the only thing holding me back (and the cost) because he says natural is better...

Hey girl, my man said the same thing. He was so upset about the surgery. Afterwards, I'll bet he likes them more than I do. He's literally obsessed with them. When men say they don't like boob jobs, they usually mean that they don't like bad boob jobs.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i was heavy lifting, working out intensely up until i had my surgery and i (like you) was scared of the down time. i was terrified of sitting on my *kitten* all day and ruining all my hard work. i was so anxious about it. after the surgery though, i was so so busy with my new boobs and recovery that i didn't worry too much about the workouts i was missing. i focused on my diet and i tried not to sit on my *kitten* all day. lol. don't worry, it will fly by- you will be busy with the all wonderment that comes after you get your new boobs! congrats and hope all goes well. oh and speaking from experience- i love my fake boobs woot! lol!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    i was heavy lifting, working out intensely up until i had my surgery and i (like you) was scared of the down time. i was terrified of sitting on my *kitten* all day and ruining all my hard work. i was so anxious about it. after the surgery though, i was so so busy with my new boobs and recovery that i didn't worry too much about the workouts i was missing. i focused on my diet and i tried not to sit on my *kitten* all day. lol. don't worry, it will fly by- you will be busy with the all wonderment that comes after you get your new boobs! congrats and hope all goes well. oh and speaking from experience- i love my fake boobs woot! lol!

You are awesome lol! I feel so much better after reading this post, thank you :flowerforyou:
  • nyla2120
    Options
    I have thought about getting implants because I had pretty sizeable boobs and then they just deflated as I have been losing weight... I think I actually lost there first.. Grrrr... Mine is strictly for asthetic purposes.. My guy is the only thing holding me back (and the cost) because he says natural is better...

Hey girl, my man said the same thing. He was so upset about the surgery. Afterwards, I'll bet he likes them more than I do. He's literally obsessed with them. When men say they don't like boob jobs, they usually mean that they don't like bad boob jobs.

Exactly, my Husband went on a couple of the consults with me & the Dr.s that he felt were running a "chop shop" as he put it were not even considered. He is totally supportive of me doing this, as long as it's done right.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    I'm au naturale...and wanting to change that asap. After breastfeeding 3 babies, it's a sad situation. RIP the nice breasts of my 20's.

Awwww, I feel your pain expect that I never had nice breasts before or after my child.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Reasons for breast surgery are many and while a lot of men claim they like "natural" breasts, most people could not tell a well done boob job apart from the 'au naturale'.

My mom had a boob job because she ended up with one and a half boobs after breast surgery, my sister had breast reduction surgery to help her with back pains and a friend had surgery because her one breast was nearly two cups bigger than the other which was causing a load of back problems on her and she could not find a bra to fit &had to wear padding on the other side. Most breast surgery is not done to get "nicer" boobs. Don't just assume, it may offend people who don't have a choice.

Exactly. It's really rude actually. I'm not someone who has small boobs & just wants them bigger. I wouldn't mind having small & cute breasts, but that's not the case. Without going into detail, they are basically deformed looking & It's something that has always bothered me, but I've never been in a place where I could afford to have it fixed. Now I am so I am treating myself, I've worked very hard on my body to lose weight & tone up & I want to feel proud when I look in the mirror, not self conscious & ashamed.

Woah now, that got out of hand really fast. I was just saying that while I know about exercising after major surgery (spinal fusion for the win) I don't know about exercise recommendations after that particular surgery. I have no problem with breast augmentation or breast surgery and I don't think anything I said was rude!

Then I misunderstood. I thought you were basically criticizing me for not being proud of being natural.
    "Woot woot to au-naturale!"

hmm... to me it sounds just offensive.

I think you may all be taking this a little personally....note how she gave advice....THEN realised to mention how hers are natural and yes she's proud but no did she never make the assumption that anything less isn't good enough !!

take it easy, have a morning coffee and let it go ! boobs are boobs, she merely forgot to mention she hasn't actually had the op.

The point is that poster had no reason to let everyone else know about her boobs. It's not about her boobs. This post is about the OP wanting to maintain their lifestyle after surgery (for whatever reasons she is getting the surgery, it's no one's business anyway and a woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her body for whatever reason she wants). I think the post about having natural boobs was totally inappropriate and unnecessary to the conversation. If I was the OP, it definitely would have hurt me to have read it, it's almost like rubbing it in her face.

I would give you an applause, but I don't see a smiley for that so I will just give you the biggest smile I can find :happy: :bigsmile: :heart:
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Hello! Next Tuesday will be three weeks post-op for me. As far as lifting is concerned, NO. Just don't. You won't be able to lift at your normal capacity anyway. I'm a personal trainer and I'm still struggling to demonstrate a chest flye without weights.

After less than a week I was able to do some light exercise--the elliptical without using the arms and unweighted squats/lunges. I guess you could do spinning and Zumba too, it's just not something I really do. My PS told me that I could get on the stationary bike as soon as the day after surgery if I wanted to, but that I won't want to. He was right... Some surgeons tell their patients to do no exercise for two months. My surgeon was a college football player, so I think he's a bit more aggressive with exercise.

My normal routine is a combination of crossfit, heavy lifting, and HIIT running so this is a big change. However, your body needs the rest and it's SO worth it. Once I'm back to normal, I think I'll skip any heavy chest workouts and just get all the tricep work I need by isolation. I don't want to risk any shifting. Hope that helps!

Thank so much for this information. Yes it helped a lot & best of luck with the rest of your recovery.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ^that's weird.
    I got my surgery February 8th and I can do ALMOST everything I could do before now with little to no pain. I still feel a light pressure when I am doing chest exercises, but my PS said that's totally normal and things will go back to how they were as soon as my body gets used to it. He also said I'm now at the point that I can resume literally ALL normal activity again, and I am definitely able to lift as much as I could before (which I'm not saying is a whole bunch, I'm just saying nothing has changed).
    Not to mention I got 500cc which is fairly big as far as implants go, and everything is doing great.
    On my downtime, I just watched what I ate and power walked like a boss. I actually went back to the gym a week earlier than recommended. SHH. Don't do that.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    This is something you need to ask your surgeon. As every surgeon has their own post op instructions.

It is important that you follow your surgeons instructions,as you want to heal properly and not mess up anything.

I think the average time off is about 6 weeks post surgery.

Agree; it's also very personal. The type of procedure (under or over the muscle), your body's own reaction to the trauma of surgery, etc. will all impact how long you will need to stay away from heavy lifting. Also, if you are doing "rapid recovery" or regular surgery (using a laser instead of a scalpel, staying away from blood supply, less time under general, limited implant size, etc.)...

From a legal standpoint, if you don't follow your surgeon's aftercare instructions, and you have a complication, and it can be proven that you didn't follow them, you're screwed.

Also, you should check out the forum at www.JBI.com
    There are a lot of women on that forum who are body builders who have had the surgery; they may offer reassurance with their own experiences since they have been through it.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options

Rude.
    Do everyone a favor and deactivate your account.

Like many have already pointed out, you have no fu(king idea why someone else is considering a breast augmentation. To act like you're better than someone because you're "au-naturale" is sickening.

I've lost a significant amount of weight which has caused my boobs to look not so pretty. I've worked my damn *kitten* off and I (and anyone else), deserve to look in the mirror and feel confident. Whether or not someone is getting augmented because they want big DD jugs, or just because they want their breasts to look "normal," it's their choice. What's it to you if someone just wants big boobies? And I'm sure MANY people don't get boob jobs just to have bigger breasts, there are other reasons.

Since my weight loss has affected my breasts, I am definitely considering a lift. People have their own reasons. Don't assume things. You know what happens when you assume, right?

OP: Good luck to you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hopefully someone with experience can give you some good advice.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't have fake boobs but I was with my cousin through her surgery and recovery (we are more best friends). It is a personal surgery and whether you have an under or over the muscle implant recovery time vary from person to person. Tina (my cousin) had a longer recovery than most because the incision didn't heal correctly on one of her breasts. Her recovery ended up being 12 weeks and still has since then had a second surgery because the first looked so awful even when fully healed.
  • nyla2120
    Options

Rude.
    Do everyone a favor and deactivate your account.

Like many have already pointed out, you have no fu(king idea why someone else is considering a breast augmentation. To act like you're better than someone because you're "au-naturale" is sickening.

I've lost a significant amount of weight which has caused my boobs to look not so pretty. I've worked my damn *kitten* off and I (and anyone else), deserve to look in the mirror and feel confident. Whether or not someone is getting augmented because they want big DD jugs, or just because they want their breasts to look "normal," it's their choice. What's it to you if someone just wants big boobies? And I'm sure MANY people don't get boob jobs just to have bigger breasts, there are other reasons.

Since my weight loss has affected my breasts, I am definitely considering a lift. People have their own reasons. Don't assume things. You know what happens when you assume, right?

OP: Good luck to you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hopefully someone with experience can give you some good advice.

Thank you so much. And I am one of those people doing it because I want to feel/look normal. I'm for doing anything that makes you feel good about yourself.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    I don't have fake boobs but I was with my cousin through her surgery and recovery (we are more best friends). It is a personal surgery and whether you have an under or over the muscle implant recovery time vary from person to person. Tina (my cousin) had a longer recovery than most because the incision didn't heal correctly on one of her breasts. Her recovery ended up being 12 weeks and still has since then had a second surgery because the first looked so awful even when fully healed.

Thank you for sharing with me :-)