Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

GAINED 10 POUNDS IN 1 DAY! :(

no this is not a joke im like crying so much right now....

so yesterday i weighed myself in the morning and in weighed 120 i was so happy...but for some reason i ate really bad i gad

130 cal pack of nilla waefers
2 large mcdonalds fries
one reg mcflurry (oreo)
one small strawberry shake
a thick slice of banana bread
a BIG cinnamon roll
a slice of pizza with stuffed crust cheese
some tyson chicken nuggets

I dont know why i ate all that!!!! But im so mad at myself and when i weighed myswlf this morning i was 130 how did i gain 10 pounds):

after reading all of the comments i feel alot better thank you! yeah i now realize that if i didnt eat 35,000 (haha) i couldnt have actually gained 10 pounds...im just dissapointed inmyself i guess but thank you!

Replies

• NYFAN07
    NYFAN07 Posts: 7 Member
    Its mostly water weight. Go back to eating your normal diet and it should be off by 2m
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    You ate like cr@p, thats how. Eat better today and drink plenty of water. Most of those foods were high in sodium so I would assume most of that weight is water weight.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    There might be many reasons why you've gained weight:

You are using more hair products
    You really need to pee
    You are wearing bigger shoes
    You are pregnant
    You have a lot of change in your pockets
    You are retaining water
    You have a Texas-sized belt buckle
    You are about to start your cycle
    Your scale is broken

However, if you haven't eaten 35,000 calories in the last day, then you haven't gained 10 of fat.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Bump.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Without knowing your TDEE or the actual calorie counts for the foods, it's hard to say how much of that gain is fat. But, I'm going to ballpark and say that you did probably eat over your maintenance calories for the day, but at MOST you could have gained a half pound of fat. The rest is certainly waste and water weight. Drink plenty of water, eat some fruits and veggies and other fiber, stay away from alcohol and high-sodium foods, and stay off the scale for 3 days. I'll bet you see at least 9 pounds of that gone by Monday.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    How much water in 10 pounds?
  • BarbieAS
    And we all have bad days once in awhile. It's ok. Well, it's not, but don't beat yourself up over it. You can't change the past, just get back on track and don't let it become a habit and you can easily undo the damage you did.
  • dmeyers1969
    dmeyers1969 Posts: 130 Member
    your sodium intake was probably off the charts due to the pizza, fries etc. Eat normal for a few days and you will be fine
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    10 pounds is 35,000 calories. If you honestly think you ate 35 THOUSAND nutritional calories, I have some prime oceanside property to sell you in Arizona.
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Even though you ate a lot, that would not make you gain 10 pounds, sounds like water weight and some food still being in your belly. Try weighing once you've used the bathroom a couple of times.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    That's weird, I lost 10 pounds in one day...but then I figured out that the battery on my scale needed replacing.
    Chill, its water weight! Get back on track!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Holy cow. Like you even need to ask that question.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    hello sodium!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    You totally gained 10lbs. Don't believe all these other people. Starve yourself for the next three days, pray to the moon, stand on your head, drink mustard water and hope for the best.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    16 oz = 1 lb water so 160 oz
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    However, if you haven't eaten 35,000 calories in the last day, then you haven't gained 10 of fat.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Seriously?

Wow...

Ok...

Two Words:

Water
    Sodium

That is all.
  • BarbieAS
    You totally gained 10lbs. Don't believe all these other people. Starve yourself for the next three days, pray to the moon, stand on your head, drink mustard water and hope for the best.

Mustard water? Wouldn't she be better off with that Master Cleanse mixture?
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member

About 1.25 gallons.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member

About 1.25 gallons. Water weighs 8.33 lb/gallon.