Chobani or Oikos ?

Options

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I am an Oikos girl. It just tastes better to me.
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Fage. The other 2 seem chalky to me.
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Neither. Fage all the way. I can't do it totally plain but I like to control my sugar - so I get the Fage with fruit on the side. I can do little dips for flavor.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I've heard that Fage is closer to authentic greek yogurt
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for the flavor of Chobani at all. The Oiko I really like the taste and texture.
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    fage plain! or chobani. But i have to mix it with something like protein powder or something, dairy freaks me out.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Chobani plain, with added jam and fruit. I eat it 5 days a week :)
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :heart:

Fage plain nonfat or yoplait 100 cal-don't like to waste my cals on yogurt over 100 cals....I go for more protein less sugar:bigsmile:

I second on the Fage. I buy the big tub from Costco and use it on everythingggggg! Smoothies, with fruit, in my overnight oats, as a mayo/sour cream substitute, in my chia pudding...so yes. Plain Fage 0% :love:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Either one..I like them both. Oikos is more "dessert-y"...its sweeter, but both are good.

I agree with this!
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Fage. I used to prefer Chobani because Oikos was too sweet. Now that I've switched to Fage, I find Chobani too sweet. Fage is a bit more tart - I like to take a spoonful of the yogurt and dip it into the fruit "cup" - and has a cheesecake-y texture that I like.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    neither - i like yoplait 100 greek yogurt. vanilla is my fav.
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't like yogurt except for Oikos. The taste and the texture are so much more appealing to me. I realize it's a bit more processed than chobani or fage but I just can't handle the those brands as much. Something about the texture bugs me.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have found that both have to much sugar. Yoplait Greek has less in all of the flavors. Don't get me wrong, I love both Chobani and Oikos but don't make a habit of buying them because of the sugar content. If I buy plain Greek it is always Fage 0% and add my own ingredients. Fresh fruit, flax, granola, nuts, etc.. ! YUMMY!
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Chobani for the win!! Especially the passion fruit and pomegranate. It's not as sweet as Oikos, which is a good thing, but enough creamy deliciousness to make you always craving more.... oh yeah baby!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend something a little different - Siggi's Skyr: http://www.skyr.com/products_overview.html. I love that the ingredients list is short & simple (no junk), and the thick, creamy texture is absolutely amazing. They are also much less sweet than most of the yogurt I've tried (I don't like it sweet).

I tried it based on the rec from a vegan friend.

Not a fan.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Chobani or fage. The UK version of Oikos is very low protein. Chobani is new here so it's nice to get some high protein flavoured yoghurt instead of plain fage which was all there used to be.

I've also just discovered Liberte Greek yoghurt but only found it in one store so far.

We're so behind over here!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I strongly recommend something a little different - Siggi's Skyr: http://www.skyr.com/products_overview.html. I love that the ingredients list is short & simple (no junk), and the thick, creamy texture is absolutely amazing. They are also much less sweet than most of the yogurt I've tried (I don't like it sweet).
    ^^^^THIS!

Siggi's is so lovely; the texture is the best ever of any yogurt.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    fage
    Ditto, my favorite by far. The 0% plain one with granola and fruit mixed in.
    I like the chobani with fruit on the bottom, but they are high in carbs and sugar.
    And all the other brands are disgusting IMO.
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY chobani. i like the consistency. seems a bit thicker to me than oikos?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Both. Oikos has the edge with me because the cafe latte flavor is wonderful. Chobani has a great mango yogurt though.