Skinny Brand Moscato is amazing! :)
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have turned to beer... Mich Ultra 95 cals a bottle (or can) :drinker:
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Id like to thank my fellow lushes for the ideas.... especially those with the same fondness for flavored vodka as I...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Id like to thank my fellow lushes for the ideas.... especially those with the same fondness for flavored vodka as I...

I always found the flavoured vodka I tried had a funny taste. I have, however, made my own. Yum. Tons of online recipes. My favourite has been just soaking strawberries in it. If you don't leave it too long you can put the strawberries in your drink too.(they turn white after awhile which is fine, but just not appetizing to put in your drink)
  • Just_Alyssa
    Just_Alyssa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem tonight! I'm a beer fan, but not a LIGHT beer fan so that's a problem. Luckily, I'm also a vodka fan! :drinker:

Good suggestions above. My standard "starter drink" is sugar free red Bull & orange vodka. So, that's good. Who knew I was being low cal? At home I have these flavored sparkling water which is use or the crystal lights. But I won't be at home... so, I did some research and I'm doing to try orange vodka & club soda with a lime.

And then I'll just blame getting up early and try to be good. oh, and work it off tomorrow.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My drink of choice is single malt scotch. However, if you're into "sissy" drinks vodka and any of the Clearly American calorie free sparkling water from Walmart is great. It comes in a lot of flavors too so you can just get plain vodka. I also like the Crystal Light "drink" mixes. They have margarita and some others. Just add the alcohol of choice.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I've found it's easier to plan my day around the event and just eat lighter throughout the day.

Tonight we are going to dinner with some friends. Instead of my normal meals throughout the day, I will cut back a little and save a few more calories for dinner.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    vodka water
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    vodka water

by water, i mean ice
  • junkie_99
    junkie_99 Posts: 26
    Options
    A beer is about 135 calories. If you don't go overboard, you can fit that in your caloric goals easily.

10 beers? not so much.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Headed out dancing - crown and coke
    Headed out to play pool - bud light
    Date night and dinner with the hubs - LIT

I normally work off the calories before hand. Not much of a drinker anymore so my nights out drinking are far and few between.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm a BEER Lover and I usually only drink on the weekends. I can easily down my own 6pk. I hit a plateau and wasnt seeing any results on the scale for 6 months. The second I stopped drinking beer the weight started falling off again. I'm now drinking Grey Goose & RedBulls & The Skinny girl drinks are actually pretty good. :drinker:
  • ShannaHeidelberg
    Options
    Red wine can pack some calories as well (or maybe its cause I end up drinking the whole bottle)
    The best drink to minimize calories is hard liquor, vodka, rum, etc, and a low/no calorie mix. I like vodka and soda water with lemon and lime. Tonic water has calories.

I drink gin and zero lime water from Wal-Mart. I will sometimes use diet tonic instead but it has sodium and the lime water doesn't.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    how about vodka and grapefruit? wine is 120 calories per small glass!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    btw there as an article i read yesterday that says your body burns alcohol calories before food calories. It made me cry. I will see if i can link it:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/03/health/wine-waistline/index.html?fb_action_ids=10200602026280590&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Any booze will be about 80 cals a shot. Pair it up with a no calorie mixer and thats the best you can do.
    Stay away from the syrupy things like snaps and such as they are loaded with sugar and more calories.

Have fun!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    A beer is about 135 calories. If you don't go overboard, you can fit that in your caloric goals easily.

10 beers? not so much.

It really makes a difference what type you are drinking.

Guiness and Sam Adams light are about that range. Coors, miller, and bud light are around 100-120. IPAs, Belgians, and other "strong" beers can have 200-250 (even more for a pint).

I love beers, especially microbrews, but sometimes you have to do quite a bit of research to figure out or even estimate the calories!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Here's a website:

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

My drink of choice is gin (sapphire) and club soda with a squeezed real lime wedge. But then again I don't care for sodas or diet sodas.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Any booze will be about 80 cals a shot. Pair it up with a no calorie mixer and thats the best you can do.
    Stay away from the syrupy things like snaps and such as they are loaded with sugar and more calories.

Have fun!

Most liquors are around 80 calories per ounce, but a lot of US shots are 1.5 ounces, so estimating 100-120 is a safer bet. Bar drinks will often have 2-3 ounces of liquor, which put you up to 160-200 calories.