APRIL SQUAT CHALLENGE

Options
13»

Replies

• MariaJenea
    Options
    Although I missed the first two days I am going to start this tonight! I am a newbie to the gym/fitness thing so I will only be doing normal squats with no weights!
  • mnqi
    mnqi Posts: 36
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I am not very fit....so here is my progress.... Day one and two great! Day 3 I skipped. Day 4....I made myself make up day 3 and I did day 4.....and I am almost done with Day 5....70 squats.

You may laugh, but I figure, it is hard to do it at night, with kids/husband around....so now, when I go to the bathroom at work I do 10. I am really trying to concentrate on holding my position, to feel the burn. my knees feel much more stable on day 5 than 1....amazing. good luck!
  • jamiebean1980
    Options
    Do you have to do them all at one time? I'm not sure if I could do 250 squats in one workout, Or is it just in one day
  • PhillyBeefcake
    Options
    We should be seeing some nice butts on Day 30!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm all for this! I wanna start squatting more, just cause I like the move! Haha. I will follow this schedule though (with today as Day 7):

Day 7- 60 squats.....Day 8- 70 squats.....Day 9- 80 squats
    Day 10- REST DAY!
    Day 11- 90 squats.....Day 12- 100 squats.....Day 13- 120 squats
    Day 14- REST DAY!
    Day 15- 120 squats.....Day 16- 130 squats
    Day 17- REST DAY!
    Day 18- 140 squats.....Day 19- 150 squats
    Day 20- REST DAY!
    Day 21- 160 squats.....Day 22- 170 squats
    Day 23- REST DAY!
    Day 24- 180 squats.....Day 25- 190 squats
    Day 26- REST DAY!
    Day 27- 200 squats.....Day 28- 200 squats
    Day 29- REST DAY!
    Day 30- 200 squats

I can't even imagine doing 100 squats right now, so this should be fun. :drinker:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    You may laugh, but I figure, it is hard to do it at night, with kids/husband around....so now, when I go to the bathroom at work I do 10. I am really trying to concentrate on holding my position, to feel the burn. my knees feel much more stable on day 5 than 1....amazing. good luck!
    Oh! Well that's great that you do them in short bursts! Nice progress so far!
  • massed
    massed Posts: 6
    Options
    I can do this but at this rate, I am in.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Might try this...
  • mztamaraann
    mztamaraann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Week 1 complete. I feel amazing! Can't wait to see the final results.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Day 7- 60 squats.....Day 8- 70 squats.....Done.
  • Stac3yRobinson
    Options
    I am now on day 12 which was 130 squats OUCH!!! I felt the burn but i'm loving the challenge and hopefully the results.
    can you split them up throughout the day as it's starting to get real tough now???
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    So did the OP drop out already?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition