I used to be a huge Jillians Michaels fan

Options
But now with her promoting detoxes, and quick fix weight loss schemes..her new lose 5 pounds in 7 day garbage, and pushing diet pills...I dunno..she's looking like a sell out to me. I had way more respect for her years ago, when she preached healthy exercise habits and proper nutrition..seems like her eyes are only on dollars..I have no problem with wanting to make money, so why not stick with DVD's, her workout clothes...because the money is in the quick fixes..she just bugs me now, her face is plastered all over stupid products promoting quick weight loss, it seems like she backs everything up now, even things she once before said people shouldn't use!...SELL OUT! I tell ya :laugh: All that being said, she can provide a good a** kicking workout :happy: ..wished she would stick to what she's good at!:grumble:

Replies

• Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well said! :smile:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i agree you said it all and well said!!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I feel the same way! I was so disappointed when she came out with those diet pills. She always preaches calories in-calories out, eating healthy, keeping products out of your body. Its a shame what the fame does...
  • jdorais
    jdorais Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this! But she's still nice to look at... just sayin'
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I agree! I think she is a great instructor and motivator. I like her tough boot camp take no crap style. She does good for a lot of people. It makes me sad to see her on the supplement isle now.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing the other day while in the nutrition aisle at the grocery store looking for some protein shake powder. JIllian Michaels promoting weight loss pills? I was shocked. She didn't look or sound like someone who would stoop so low. I do like her workouts videos still, though. There's gotta be some science behind them because oh man can I feel the burn!! :)

As for detox diets in general... That's just stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. The body already has nature's most effective detoxification system. It's called the liver. The liver changes the chemical structure of foreign compounds so they can be filtered out of the blood by the kidneys, which then excrete them in the urine.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I totally agree!!! Before it was like she truly cared, now its like its all about the $$$$$$$$!!!
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Me, personally, I’ve never liked her. I think her exercise regime is too extreme for most people. I lost 80 pounds, but never worked out half as hard as she pushes people on The Biggest Loser. I could easily see where people would get discouraged by the exercise routines she pushes. She’s like a drill sergeant. My main exercise is walking, indoor and outdoor, the elliptical, and a stationary bike, plus Pilates machine. She expects people to go from coach potato to a triathlon.
  • taalibahdenise
    Options
    I'm sad to say that I purchased the 14-day cleanse (threw it in the trash after 7-days). I figured JM wouldn't put her name on something that wasn't "proven;" I should've known better...
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Liked her and Bob for the first few seasons. Now they have become caricatures of themselves. Biggest Loser has become a huge commercial. I still watch though. Every once in a while they surprise you.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    fame gets to ppl! and shes reeeeeally "hot" right now.
    i mean she's been on every morning show out there!

i love her on the biggest loser... and her DVD's are awesome. shes so genuine. but she's a huge role model right now and that stuff is just garbage for some extra ca$h!

i agree with u 100%!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Me, personally, I’ve never liked her. I think her exercise regime is too extreme for most people. I lost 80 pounds, but never worked out half as hard as she pushes people on The Biggest Loser. I could easily see where people would get discouraged by the exercise routines she pushes. She’s like a drill sergeant. My main exercise is walking, indoor and outdoor, the elliptical, and a stationary bike, plus Pilates machine. She expects people to go from coach potato to a triathlon.

Oh, that 's all for television. Her workout videos are nothing like how she is on the Biggest Loser. She's nice and encouraging. Seriously, it's all for the sake of entertainment. Biggest Loser wouldn't be nearly as fun watching a nice trainer, haha.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Pssh ... Seems like it happens with just about everyone eventually. I just take away what I find helpful (the workouts, etc) and ignore the rest. :ohwell:
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I agree 110%!! I went to buy some protein powder and there was her's and Bodyfortress! I'm not going to pay more money for less powder just because it has Jillian Michaels' face on it! And you know that she doesn't put all that garbage in her body.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I agree 110%!! I went to buy some protein powder and there was her's and Bodyfortress! I'm not going to pay more money for less powder just because it has Jillian Michaels' face on it! And you know that she doesn't put all that garbage in her body.

FYI, Body fortress is WAY (whey.. teehee) BETTER in terms of nutrition AND taste.

JM touts that her powder is okay because it's "all natural" and slams most other protein powders. Though I've yet to figure how over processed stevia, vitamin supplements, and fiber supplements are "natural." Actually, the whole concept of whey protein powder in general is decidedly UNnatural. :tongue:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    The supplements that she is promoting aren't meant to take the place of diet and exercise, they are meant to improve the weight loss with the vitamins that are missing or can't be obtained through diet. It is just like taking vitamins. JM will never say that diet and exercise isn't neccesary. I love JM and while yes there are a lot of items with her face on it...you need to strike the iron when its hot. Won't last forever. Just my opinion.
  • leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    Options
    The supplements that she is promoting aren't meant to take the place of diet and exercise, they are meant to improve the weight loss with the vitamins that are missing or can't be obtained through diet. It is just like taking vitamins. JM will never say that diet and exercise isn't neccesary. I love JM and while yes there are a lot of items with her face on it...you need to strike the iron when its hot. Won't last forever. Just my opinion.
    Please explain to me what vitamins you can't get through diet?

Lol she must have some of your money.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    There are some vitamins that you do not get enough of through your diet. Why do you take a multi-vitamin? If you were able to receive all nutrients through diet then there would be no reason for them.
  • MColette
    MColette Posts: 62
    Options
    That kind of situation happens very often, and yep I think she is contradicting herself now advertising that crap, Personally I think that anything that is not natural can't be good for you, sometimes they even recall those products because they cause health problems in the long run.
    I had a nutrition teacher in college and she became huge! She was in radio and TV shows, and one day I saw her advertising pre packaged foods!!! Such as instant noodles!!! I couldn’t believe it! That someone as serious as her about nutrition would sell herself to advertise that for money, making people believe that it's healthy if you just add some veggies, I clearly recall her saying that those types of foods are very high in sodium and fat!