Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• sab1157
    sab1157 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and would like to lose 15-20 lbs. It is not easy, but I am determined.
  • jujuki47
    jujuki47 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    48 in August!!!!
  • sabermax
    sabermax Posts: 69
    Options
    43 in Feb.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just turned 48 and I am so thankful that I found a way to eat that I can live with for the rest of my life, without deprivation or hunger. I intend to be fabulous by 50 and have a big celebration or vacation!
  • kikilynnrenze
    Options
    What I think is missing is written goals and accountability. Having the support of friends/family is great. BUT! holding someone accountable in an effective, yet supportive way is a learned skill. I am a health-style coach and can help you with this aspect tremendously! I myself lost over 30 pounds, going from a size 12 to a size 6 (sometimes 4) at age 41-42. I did it, and you can too! Give yourself the best tool to succeed: Hire a coach!
  • debpot57
    debpot57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll be 56 in May. Seems like I can put in on a lot faster then I can take it off. Just makes it more of a challenge though now. Gotta work at it a little bit harder.
  • Tammiecarver
    Tammiecarver Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53 and my dairy is open to friends,so feel free to add me.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, took off the weight, have never been more fit.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    51 wonderful last week.
  • littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    47 in May. I'm struggling, but I will not give up! Every day is a new day to try again!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    40, still losing but almost done. It is more than possible and more than worth it. But don't look at my diary right now, I'm struggling, I admit it.

Also, I admit, I look older than I have in many years. And that is because I am at a healthy-ish weight. That plump, fatty face that hid those wrinkles is gone. Trade-off and one I consider well worthwhile.

I feel so much better!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just turned 47 last month. It has taken me over 2 years to lose 60+ pounds so it is coming off but SLOOOWWWLY.
  • staceyw73
    staceyw73 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi I'll be 40 at the end of the month. it is alot harder now to lose weight then when I was in my 20's
  • clalem
    clalem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, 44 in October.:smile:
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    51 on Tuesday. Doing well but it's a daily struggle. I have to be as active as I was when i was in high school but take more naps. LOL! Strength training does help!
  • nancyalexand
    nancyalexand Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 61 next month and sinse I started working out at Anytime Fitness through silver sneakers and using MFP I have lost 22 lbs.,15 sinse I've been using MFP.I am a lot more energetic than I use to be.Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • MinCa70
    MinCa70 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 43!
    I just committed to the weight loss journey for the last time today (finally), and that first day is so hard!
    It's so much easier to say, 'I'll start tomorrow,' but I suppose that's how I got to where I am!

Anyone feel free to add me!

:flowerforyou:
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let any new peeps know there are lots of groups for women our age if you're looking for some support with the additional issues we have at this stage of our life (like the joys of menopause?? LOL) if you use the search feature and type in 50 or Fifty or other keywords it should bring up several.. you can pop in to most and just "lurk" for a while and see if you're interested in joining...

I'm in one called the Menopausal Mad Hatters, but there is a Ladies who lunch and a 50+ group too i know of (just off the top of my head) and you can i believe go to groups and just browse thru some too if you're interested...

Just thought I'd give you a heads up to any new peeps, and say congrats on coming to MFP - it's a fabulous tool and loads of fabulous people all willing to give ya a hand as you go! :bigsmile:
  • taniabuick
    taniabuick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    just turned 59 and boy this is the hardest thing to do.A few creaky bones now that don't like to move so fast.:laugh:
  • 1safechick
    1safechick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 48 and new to myfitnesspal. However, I'm not new to dieting! Pfft. At any rate, I'm hoping to make some lasting positive changes.