diet pills???suggestions/feedback needed.

2»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Weight loss pills do not work. Period.

When I was getting ready for vacation and wanted to look good and lose a couple of pounds, I was very strict with my diet. You can also drink dandelion tea as this will help with water bloat. The only "pill" I would recommend is guarana, which is natural, it will boost your metabolism and help you get in more intense workouts. That being said, work out harder!! 2 weeks is enough time to lose at least 5 pounds, yeah they may be water weight, but your clothes will fit better.

Stay away from bloating carbs, like broccoli/beans the last couple of days before you leave...also diet drinks and artificial sweeteners.

Have a blast! Just got back from Vegas and we had a great time.
  • KristiMMM
    KristiMMM Posts: 51 Member
    thanks dragonfly. :blushing: your very sweet.
    Im taking the green T pills and really really watching what I eat. Im also amping up the workout regimen.
    Now I just have to keep up the willpower tonight when my boyfriends mom takes us to 54th street bar and grill for his birthday dinner! :drinker:
    kdiamond- any good tips you can give me on Vegas? Any cheap buffets? must see attractions? etc..
  • lizagill
    lizagill Posts: 8
    I haven't heard about the green T pills..are they good enough to take help? Will they prove the best diet pills for me?
    Please help I'm very desperate of taking my weight loss...
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I haven't heard about the green T pills..are they good enough to take help? Will they prove the best diet pills for me?
    Please help I'm very desperate of taking my weight loss...
    Honestly? I haven't heard too much good about them. I think eating healthy foods, working out, drinking plenty of water and keeping a positive attitude will get you further along in weightloss & toward better health. It will also KEEP the weighoff. If it sounds to good to be true (pills etc) then it usually is and typically is a hoax that won't last and merely takes your hard earned money, plus the side effects can be dangerous on various diet pills!

This is a great place to make a lifestyle change, one that will LAST a lifetime, a change in how you eat, what you eat and realizing moving your body is something you'll want to keep up the rest of your life. Pills are not something you can keep up for the rest of your life.

Please seriously consider trying it the healthy way before going the diet pill route, I really think you'll find it works far better.
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • mia504
    mia504 Posts: 7
    I use to take the mega green tea, they didnt do a thing for me.
    I am taking a detox pill though, and one of the advantages is weight loss. Im having good results, but of course I still have to watch what I eat, and exercise. There is no magic pill.
    I also started taking Spirulina fron gnc. this is a super green supplement and amino acid.
  • lizagill
    Hey as I discussed with you before have you gone from the site? I tried them as a trial pack and they have proven the best diet pills for me..now I'm going to order more..
  • TANGOCAT
    TANGOCAT Posts: 6
    Hi Everyone. This is my first post on this website, so hello! I have taken the Mega Green T off and on over the past couple of years (when Im in diet mode). Im not sure if it helps directly with weight loss, but for me, its seems to take the edge of my appetite. This is what I take it for. I take it three times a day with meals.
  • I use Alli and I can't complain at all. Actually, I know many people who use Alli and it works. It's not really a "diet" pill and it's not a miracle pill either. I don't think there are any miracle pills out there and if they are, they aren't healthy!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    I use Alli and I can't complain at all. Actually, I know many people who use Alli and it works. It's not really a "diet" pill and it's not a miracle pill either. I don't think there are any miracle pills out there and if they are, they aren't healthy!

I HATE this topic, it cheezes me right off, people looking for a quick fix, you'll gain it back, then what? now you've buggered your metabolism that much more, and will struggle even harder to lose those last pounds! sorry, but diet pills, are garbage. An there is a miracle "pill" it's called eat healthy, not too much and get your butt in the gym...works wonders, really! lol :laugh: :wink:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I wouldn't go for any other weight loss pill but Alii. It's the only FDA approved weight loss pill on the market. It doesn't decrease appetite or elevate heart rate. The worst side effect people have with it is excess "waste" (if you know what I mean). And, this side effect really only occurs if you don't follow the diet regime right. Alli blocks 25% of fat and if you eat more than the average of 15 grams of fat PER MEAL, there's no wonder you're going to see more of that blocked fat expelled from your body. I use Alli and I'm very pleased with it. Personally, I've gone over the average of 15 grams of fat per meal several times and not experienced any side effects. Everybody's different, I suppose. :) It's nice to know that Alli has your back though. (And, besides, if you do happen to get side effect when you go over, well that'll teach you to not go over again, lol!)
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    I used Alli as part of a nutrition study for my college. I didn't have any problems with it, but a few months after the study ended I got a letter informing me that Alli had been shown to cause serious liver damage in a moderate number of its users. So while it's not the same as other diet pills, it's still not necessarily GOOD for you. You're still altering your body with chemicals. So, something to keep in mind...
  • HealthyChanges2010
    I use Alli and I can't complain at all. Actually, I know many people who use Alli and it works. It's not really a "diet" pill and it's not a miracle pill either. I don't think there are any miracle pills out there and if they are, they aren't healthy!

I HATE this topic, it cheezes me right off, people looking for a quick fix, you'll gain it back, then what? now you've buggered your metabolism that much more, and will struggle even harder to lose those last pounds! sorry, but diet pills, are garbage. An there is a miracle "pill" it's called eat healthy, not too much and get your butt in the gym...works wonders, really! lol :laugh: :wink:
    ack I can't agree more, I've heard far more than I need to on Alli and Hcg or whatever the letters are. Ali IS toted as a diet pill whether folks on it want to admit it or not or perhaps they don't realize it's considered one by docs.

Seems if you cut your fat back to a low enough % then why would you need Alli 'to have your back'. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Don't mind me, just tired of being out in the world where everyone is looking for that magic diet pill or potion then thinking I can get away from all that when I stop by here. Nope, seems not to be true anymore. Guess that's why I spend more time in PM's and with my newsfeed buds. I'd love to spend more time out here but can't stomach anymore Hcg/Alli chatter. blahhh:smokin:
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    We tend to advise Xenical (double dose of Alli) which is prescription only over here to patients that haven't found success with diet alone. To be honest, it's not so much about the effect of the drug, it's a motivator for eating healthy. Why? because if you don't then you have hideous symptoms. I have yet to meet a patient that kept taking the drug AND kept eating unhealthily. Some ate unhealthily but then refused to keep taking the drug. Of course we are always diet and exercise first but tools like this can be really helpful to some people and I'm not really one to judge how another persons mental health (with regard to ability to maintain willpower) affects the way they are able to control how much they exercise or how little they eat.

For the person asking though, Alli or any other diet pill is not for people that only have 10 pounds to lose. We strictly use it in patients that are either very obese or obese with severe risk factors... why? because only then does the benefit of weight loss outweigh the risk of taking the drug.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    I remember years ago, going into a chemist and seeing pills on the shelf that supposedly sped up metabolism.

Speed up metabolism and more lbs burn off I thought and bought them. Took them as ordered in the instructions and went trotting off to my aerobics class a few days later.

Now I have to briefly explain that in this aerobics class, she would get us out of breath and then get us to take our own heartbeat. Usually mine at its peak would get to 180. However, two or three days after taking these damned pills, my heartbeat in that class reached an all-time high of 224 per minute.

Not bloody good and I threw them away immediately I got back home. There has to be side-effects in diet pills otherwise our bodies would naturally do what they (the pills) profess to do anyway.
  • lizagill
    Hey for you people are there any best diet pills that has proven effective for weight loss program? My diet pills have been proved the best diet pills..
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hey for you people are there any best diet pills that has proven effective for weight loss program? My diet pills have been proved the best diet pills..

Out of interest, what happens when you have lost all your weight and come off those pills, can the weight go back on? Not nitpicking, just curious....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    I remember years ago, going into a chemist and seeing pills on the shelf that supposedly sped up metabolism.

Speed up metabolism and more lbs burn off I thought and bought them. Took them as ordered in the instructions and went trotting off to my aerobics class a few days later.

Now I have to briefly explain that in this aerobics class, she would get us out of breath and then get us to take our own heartbeat. Usually mine at its peak would get to 180. However, two or three days after taking these damned pills, my heartbeat in that class reached an all-time high of 224 per minute.

Not bloody good and I threw them away immediately I got back home. There has to be side-effects in diet pills otherwise our bodies would naturally do what they (the pills) profess to do anyway.
    First off I'm glad you realized and stop taking them and that she was a great instructor and had you all check your heart rate in class. It's what every good instructor should do but not something they all do, perhaps if she hadn't you might not have been in such good shape:ohwell: .:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.