Most annoying NSVs..

Options

Replies

• Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This Topic is the most fun ever. Armpits - check, Tiny Tata's - check. However my real annoyance lately has been the uninvited "Oh, you're still losing weight? Shouldn't you stop now? You don't want to get too thin." <- this cookie still has plenty of body fat % to go. Thanks for the concern. But I am enjoying my bottom being sore when I sit. Keeps reminding me to keep going.

Yep....I agree... are your friends trying to feed you bad food.... mine are :noway:
  • bywhim
    bywhim Posts: 10
    Options
    This Topic is the most fun ever. Armpits - check, Tiny Tata's - check. However my real annoyance lately has been the uninvited "Oh, you're still losing weight? Shouldn't you stop now? You don't want to get too thin." <- this cookie still has plenty of body fat % to go. Thanks for the concern. But I am enjoying my bottom being sore when I sit. Keeps reminding me to keep going.

Yep....I agree... are your friends trying to feed you bad food.... mine are :noway:

THE BAD FOOD!!! yes! You can have a cookie, it's just one cookie. Well yes, I could have a cookie, and some days I very well may, but not every day and not every time you're eating one!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs before starting with MFP a couple of weeks ago.

Not quite boob shrinkage - my back size went down and my cup size went up by 2, it's almost impossible to buy bras in my size anyway in the UK and now I need all new ones.

Feeling cold a lot more plus calorie restrictions meaning I don't warm up by eating. I've still got 30 lbs to go so I am dreading next winter if I've managed that by then.

Being between sizes and that horrid part where you don't want to spend a lot of money on what you hope will be a transition clothes size.

1. Mine grew as well, and I thought it was WEIRD. I am so glad that I'm not the only one, and very glad you posted first. :P It's annoying that this size is way popular at VS; I go to dig through the bra drawers, and this size is EMPTY. :grumble:

2. I'm not sure if the cold is more from the weight loss or my anemia, but the latter is definitely coming back now that I'm losing the weight. I get shots because eating iron-rich doesn't work for me, so I wonder if the extra pounds just held onto it easier than now.

3. Def between sizes, and between brands even. I'm somewhere between 6-10 depending on where I am. I'd be a low 8 in most places (M), but then there's the ones where I'm still a 10 because of my hips and a 6 in others because of my waist. Referring back to comment #1... shirt shopping is a bit disappointing.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

Knobby Knees - I have to arrange my legs funny when sleeping so my knees arent on top of each other and hurting me!

So glad you said this! Once I get under a certain weight, and it is literally like a 3 pound difference that I notice it, my elbows and knees just always seem to bump around and feel uncomfortable. My elbows are always getting hit on tables and my desk, and I have to sleep with the blanket or a pillow between my knees.
  • cnewlin86
    cnewlin86 Posts: 87
    Options
    The upside to being overweight was I actually had boobs, now that I am losing the weight i am losing my boobs again. I am going to fix that before I am thirty! I'll buy a pair that doesn't shrink! Also, I get cold easier. I've lost my extra insulation! But I'd rather buy boobs and wear more clothing than be overweight!
  • Laurlkat
    Laurlkat Posts: 16
    Options
    The upside to being overweight was I actually had boobs, now that I am losing the weight i am losing my boobs again. I am going to fix that before I am thirty! I'll buy a pair that doesn't shrink! Also, I get cold easier. I've lost my extra insulation! But I'd rather buy boobs and wear more clothing than be overweight!

This.

The difficult part is changing your thinking to remember that you are going to be cold no matter where you go! For so many years I left the house without a jacket and dressed light because I knew I would be hot. Changing perspective seems to be taking longer than losing the weight, which at times also feels like its taking forever.

Another perspective I am having a hard time changing is when I go out to eat, it's ok to not clean my plate. I hate wasting food, I was taught growing up that it was rude to do so. And if I'm eating out, it's usually at least an hour from home, so the "pack up half and save it for tomorrow" plan of action doesn't work for me unless I want to carry a cooler everywhere I go. Anybody got any suggestions for that?
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Also. For the one who said they didn't like their collar bone being bony.. LOVE IT! I love my collarbone, and the way my hips jut out when I lay down. Woohoo!
    As a guy I kind-of like women's collarbones... not sure if that's common or not...

For me, the wedding ring and my watch were the biggest annoyance. I had to re-size both twice. My wife was NOT happy with me getting into shape and being without my wedding ring (took about 3-4 days each time), LOL... not that she has to worry, the girls at the gym are NOT looking at the nearly-50 yr old grey-haired married guy... :smile:
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. Being between weights on the machines at the gym.

2. Being between sizes. (2x is too small, 3x is too big)
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thinking, YES I did it! *goes out and buys clothes* and then Damn I got smaller again... no money for new clothes :sad:
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    What are yours?

Mine are as follows:
    1. Loose skin
    2. Being inbetween sizes
    3. Clothes becoming loose quickly
    4. Shoes getting big
    5. My ring keeps moving constantly....(especially when I workout)

Success at a price :)

Numbers 2, 3, and 5 for me... I actually lost one of my favorite rings without realizing it till it was too late. I had it on when I went to the store, and when I was about half-way home, I realized it was gone... Store said no one has turned it in. :cry:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to lose weight in the chest area. 36 pounds down and nothing has changed. They look bigger than ever because I'm smaller!! I'm sure people think they are fake. Sometimes my sister who I see every day just blurts out holy *kitten* your boobs are hugh. Eh thanks. So trust me ladies sometimes smaller is better. Getting tops to fit are a nightmare. :devil:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Not knowing your workout pants are too big until you are moving around in them, running or in the middle of a Zumba class, tripping all over the place on the too-long pant bottoms. Spandex is dangerously deceiving.

Shoes getting big can also be dangerous. Losing weight is hazardous.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Feeling the cold more. It's got to 27 here today & I'm rugged up. I'm freezing my *kitten* off. I miss layers of fat for warmth. Other than that..... not a damn thing. I even love the damn veins I can now see that are popping out on my arms.
  • ejean62
    ejean62 Posts: 9
    Options
    OMG....my bras all get so loose, which means sagging breast that jiggle.
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs before starting with MFP a couple of weeks ago.

Not quite boob shrinkage - my back size went down and my cup size went up by 2, it's almost impossible to buy bras in my size anyway in the UK and now I need all new ones.

Feeling cold a lot more plus calorie restrictions meaning I don't warm up by eating. I've still got 30 lbs to go so I am dreading next winter if I've managed that by then.

Being between sizes and that horrid part where you don't want to spend a lot of money on what you hope will be a transition clothes size.
    the wonders of primark gone from a uk 22/24 to a uk 10/12 i have the problem that everyone else is that size so if looking for summat special most likely will have sold out but manage to get me a goal size 6 t shirt for a quid (never gonna happen) also wish my boobs would disappear, :( and the cold yeah i look hot but am cold more
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    The boob shrinkage.
    I hate that too...
    worse when one is affected more than the other:angry:
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When some people see me they say, I'm obsessed with working out, and I want to tell them, no your just f@#king lazy.

Heh... that's great!
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    1. That I have all these clothes that I can't wear anymore. They'll be finding their way into my friend's closet soon enough.
    2. Wanting to shake people that ask me, "How did you lose so much weight?" Eat less. Exercise more.
    3. Not having to go to the plus size of the store is AWESOME!!!!
    4. Actually being able to find my size on the sale/clearance rack was also SUPER AWESOME!!!!! Big sizes get gone first!
    5. Having people use words such as "slim" and "skinny" to describe me instead of "the big girl" or "the fluffy one"
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Honestly the most annoying NSV for me right now is being in between sizes......
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Just want to say Im totally for getting those boobies you want! Alot of people are going to give you a hard time, tell you to love yourself etc.. but if youve got the money/save the money to do it, and really want it, GO FOR IT!! =) Its your body and no one elses!
    :drinker:
    Just my two cents!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!