What's the biggest thing you've done to improve your diet?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options
    My cuts would be soda, (diet or otherwise), deep fried anything, MOST processed foods, most condiments and salad dressings containing mayo. I don't drink cow's milk, (I know that's a debatable subject, it's just my personal preference), I TRY to select organic when possible, OH and most white starchy anything, (so yes flour, things baked with flour), potato's and white pasta. My sodium is also very low these days, (or should I say much improved.) So yea iodized salt. Tap water ... ( I refuse, sorry - lol.)

That's about it so far. I've been doing most of those things above for quite some years now, but I would certainly like to improve some things and drop coffee, ALL refined sugar, and ALL processed foods instead of most. Eat more organic than I do now. Less to no meat or animal protein.

I try. But then again I eat for health and longevity, not "weight."
  • sruvane
    sruvane Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to the 90/10 rule I learned while studying at the Institute for Nutrition. 90% whole foods, and 10% food for my soul. I love whole foods, so that part is good. I actually stay away from fruit due to the sugars. My treats are Haagan Das mini ice cream (220 cal). I eat that about once a week. The other thing I bend the rules for is Chobani Flips. I get a lot of my protein from Greek Yogurt. The Flips have a side topping (Key Lime Crumble my fav). The topping are surely not whole food, but at less than a tbsp of "junk" leaves me feeling like I am eating dessert. :flowerforyou: