If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?

Options
12346»

Replies

• greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There is so much I would say, but I think the number one thing I needed to learn was NEVER GIVE UP!! I
    n the past I have lost some, hit a plateau, got frustrated and gave up.
    I've been at this since Jan 2013 and already have hit 3 plateaus. I know now that the main thing is to just keep on keeping on. You will start losing again.
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of failure, be afraid of quitting.

I LOVE that!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Log everything (and learn from your log)
    Be patient - you will hit the odd plateau, have the odd bad day, and your weight will take a few ticks up even on a general trip down.
    Ask questions here if you feel stuck - 88.763% of people here are really helpful

Most of all (i think, anyway) - just relax! No need to make yourself miserable doing this (unless you are training for the marathon!)
  • lealofi03
    lealofi03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome motivation- bump:smile:
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump- Lots of great advice!!!
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Very good advice all!!!
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Start every day fresh with a clean slate; don't beat yourself up for anything you did or didn't do yesterday.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    great advice everyone xx
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't over think the journey. Stick to your plan. Consistency pays off.
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Never believe you cannot do something, your body is willing to do so much more than your mind is

Thanks, I needed that.
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Try to eat as natural as possible, say goodbye to sugar... when you have to give in to temptation... enjoy, don't beat yourself up and get right back on track. Last, your success is truly measured by how hard your fight threw the tough times and once you take control, it gets sooo much easier so just keep fighting and hang in there! It's more than one but still all are so important! :) Oh and the quality of your calories are super IMPORTANT.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the sugar
    this!100%!!!!!
  • Flintbeats810
    Flintbeats810 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ask questions, do the research, and find out what works best for YOU! If you want something bad enough you have to work for it!
  • Bberl
    Bberl Posts: 32
    Options
    I know that having a plan and a goal in sight are worth the time. It helps me maintain accountablity to myself. I always
    take the time to record what I eat and how much I eat. When you let your plan and goal get lost in the shuffle of everyday
    living, you lose your way on your weight loss journey. And as we all know it is your personal journey.
    Treat yourself occasionally, talk to others about why and what your are trying to accomplish. It all adds up to success in the long run. Keep motivated with a work-out plan. Because modifying your diet is only part of the process. Fitness and being active
    is just as important. Finally, stay positive and drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As long as calories out>>>>calories in, you are golden!
    Do HOWEVER eat as many "good" foods as possible! Whole grains, veggies, fruits....healthy substitutions when possible, so you can indulge more. =)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP--ONE DAY AT A TIME!
  • spongebex
    spongebex Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    One good choice at a time
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!