My success story pic heavy (shorty 5'2")

Options
I am a 34 year old mom that has struggled with my weight since right after I had my son who is now 12 years old. I was 125lbs all through High school and once I had my son in 2000 I shot up to my heaviest at 198lbs I went up and down for several years never eating right and trying every diet pill on the market including the xenadrine with ephedrine and lost alot of weight but it was the unhealthy way, I then gained it all back due to poor diet and lack of exercise. I got really serious in dec of 2011 when I seen a picture of myself and was like omg I am fat and was just so depressed that I finally took control of my life for good. I entered a weightloss challenge at my gym in jan of 2012 to lose the fat and gain muscle when starting I was 177lbs with 120lbs of muscle from my previous training with my husband in the gym. I ended up winning third place at 162lbs and still had kept my 120lbs of lean muscle. I didn't stop there I kept going and had days where I felt like throwing in the towel cause I wasn't seeing the weight loss come off like I thought it should be but I reminded myself how I got here and how much hard work it took to get here and didn't wanna start over so I kept going. I have since adjusted my calories many times to continue seeing progress. I workout 6 days a week train hard in the weight room 4 days a week and cardio almost everyday. I eat healthy lots of fruits and veggies, lean proteins and am trying to maintain my muscle and continue to burn fat and get the ripped body I want. I have a way to go with toning but as I realize this is a lifestyle not a diet and there will always be ups and downs but I am learning everyday that I must do what is needed to get where I want. I am currently bench pressing 100lbs and before I could't even bench a 45 lbs bar. I used to be afraid of weights cause like most we are afraid to get bulky and look like a man but I have to tell you lifting weights has made a big difference in my life. I am in the best shape I have ever been. I am smaller then the day I met my husband 13 years ago. without my husband I would't have been able to lift what I do today cause he has been there to push me and of course spot me with the heavy weights and push me. and the help of this site and many good friends I have on here to keep me going! without this site I don't think I would have come this far on my own.

so this is my story in a nutshell now for a ton of pic which I have always been ashamed to share but I have come to a place in my life that I am not scared anymore to share them and hope they can inspire others to do what I have done and that is to change your life.

sorry if these didn't resize I am not very good at resizing

in this pic I am with my sister who was pregnant and no I was not but looked like I was, I am the one on the left
214.jpg

294.jpg

467.jpg

513.jpg

pics below are from the start to finish of my gym challenge in 2012 177-162 lbs

frontview.jpg

this pic below is my swim suit for this summer of 2013
106227_816.jpg

old me new me side by side comparison
106227_3060.jpg

IMAG0934.jpg

I hated wearing dresses now I love to wear them (in this pic I was a little bit heavier then I am today)
IMG_20121207_152408.jpg

the current profile pic and current me
IMG_20130329_095537.jpg

Replies

• b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! You look amazing!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great Job !
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! One of my goals is to be able to wear dresses again (without looking pregnant or like a circus tent), so I totally get that. Great work!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are a testament to persistence, you look fantastic! Congratulations!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You are totally smokin'! Especially in that dress. Way to work hard!
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • happymar
    happymar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job!!!! You look terrific!
  • Barrie1964
    Barrie1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look amazing!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You are freakin GORGEOUS! What a fantastic before / after because you look totally different!! Nice legs! :tongue:
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First of all you look great! Second, you are such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats on sticking with it!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • gparks
    gparks Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your accomplishments, stories like yours help me to keep going on the journey of being healthy. Feel free to add me and thank you for sharing.
  • Trerika
    Trerika Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are my height too and such an inspiration.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing, what a great job -- congrats! :drinker:
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Amazing......and you look SO much younger!!!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing, not just small but firm and tone. BTW, I LOVE the bathing suit!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I am a 5'2" mom as well. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!