Is a HANGOVER a good enough reason to ditch the Gym

Options
Is a hangover a good enough reason to skip my gym workout today?
I should probably burn off all the calories from last night, but I feel pretty rotten, even after drinking 2L of water and taking ibuprofen for my headache.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's your life. You get to decide.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Go and find out.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I could never work out hungover. I once went to a hot yoga class hungover and actually thought I was going to die! :laugh:

I don't get hungover often, but when I do I definitely do NOT go to the gym. No one needs to see me ralph all over the treadmill.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Depends how bad you want this! Personally I'd say making up for a night of drinking is an even better incentive to workout.
  • RichardSaulWurman
    RichardSaulWurman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You could go halfway - just show up and dial down the intensity or amount of time you spend.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    No
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    No
    :angry:
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I went to a yoga class after I had some drinks in the afternoon... it was rough. But I felt better about myself about going.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Depends on how often you are hungover.
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Just make sure it doesn't happen consistently.......
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I NEED to walk if I've been drinking the night before.

Always feel better after.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    In my opinion, no. But you make your own decisions. Who knows, you might even feel better afterwards. I will say this much though .. I'd take it easy at first. I wouldn't go all high intensity right from the start ... higher risk of puking, more then likely. Lol
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    It's your life. You get to decide.

Best reply I've ever heard. :drinker:
  • timmemin
    timmemin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than sweating out vodka. I used to go to a 9am pilates class religiously on Saturday Mornings in college. My roommates thought I was crazy. Rain or shine, walk of shame necessary, still drunk, I was there. Want to know how I spent my Saturday, in a great mood. Hangovers are never a reason to miss a gym day. In fact, they might be a great reason to go to the gym. :happy:
  • Lisa_D1989
    Lisa_D1989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I only drink once in a blue moon, so a hangover is not a regular occurrence for me. BUT I did skip my gym workout yesterday as well because I was just too busy.

I think I will go with some low intensity cardio to start with, and see how I feel after that.

:drinker:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    There are lots of good reasons to skip the gym.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, you already know the answer.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Good on you if you decide to do it. I can barely move when I'm hung over. Usually riding the porcelain bus.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to go to the gym to get in a workout. If you're not feeling up to it, do something at home. There are lots of videos on YouTube that you can do. That way if you feel too sick you're not out...
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    No. GO.