What are main things you hate about beeing overweight?

Options

Replies

• Cabrinii
    Cabrinii Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The things that I hate about being overweight is my stomach becoming a muffin top due to bloating and weight gain, not having enough energy to get through the day, not doing enough cardio, burning off a little fat, and having people say that I'm getting too big to fit into my own clothes. I never want my tummy to have a muffin top again and I never want to be fat like my friends and family have over the years. :indifferent:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Having doctors believe being fat is why I'm sick. It's going to be hilarious when I get to a "healthy" weight and become immortal. :huh:
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Seriously....is there anything thing to like? Think of all the reasons you would love to be at a normal weight then do a reverse 180. Yup, I came up with nothing either.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Shopping for clothes
    Looking into the mirror
    Not being able to tie my shoes without breathing hard because my stomach is squishing my lungs
    Snide remarks from anyone (family, friends, etc)
    Feeling crowded sitting in booths, seats, etc.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Having great taste in clothes... for SKINNY PEOPLE lol
  • Budgirl2455
    Budgirl2455 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ~ Being judged. It's done all the time to everyone. Society is harsh. Even with good self esteem you know it's there. I am the same person regardless of my size. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsWells1983
    Options
    1. Not wanting to be in pics because I look like a whale
    2. I'm afraid of teaching my kids bad habits
    3. Loving vintage/retro/kitsch/other cute clothing and not being able to shop for it because nothing fits
    4. Low sex drive
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    the one thing i hated most was that anytime i walked more then 20minutes i would get a major friction rash on my thighs. Doesn't happen anymore.
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Having doctors believe being fat is why I'm sick. It's going to be hilarious when I get to a "healthy" weight and become immortal. :huh:

This made me laugh out loud. Literally. Wishing you luck on your quest to become superwoman! :wink:
  • michelejlm
    michelejlm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Going to change the question to a positive. The reasons why I want to lose weight are:

To put on socks and tie my shoes without struggle.

To roll over in bed without difficulty.

To sit and get back up off the sofa without effort to do so.

To not feel like I am suffocating when I lay down. I don't think I fall asleep...I think I am blocking my air with how heavy I am.

To walk and play outside without being winded after a block.

To get control of anxiety and depression.

To be a role model for health for my child.

To feel as good on the outside as I am beginning to on the inside.

To not be at risk for heart attack and other health issues.

To remedy the damage that being on steroids for 14 years did to me.

To have better sex with my partner.

To be able to wear clothing that does not come from a plus size store.

To be able to exercise better.

To be happier.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Having to have my husband put my shoes and socks on for me.

Going up stairs putting me out of breath then coming down sideways one foot at a time always being afraid I'd fall.

Isolating myself and not leaving my house unless I absolutely had to.

Eating so poorly for so long I became malnourished and had to be hospitalized. This one really upset me. I was there with young girls who were anorexic or bulimic and all very thin. Then there I was the elephant in the room. So shameful.

Having no self-esteem at all.
  • LouBeeeLou75
    LouBeeeLou75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not fitting into my favourite clothes. Who wants to have to go shopping because everything's too tight? Not me!!
  • rebecca8787
    Options
    hate how i look in photos, hate feeling heavy for my frame...hate feeling sluggish
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Not being able to wear what I want. I have very good fashion sense but my big stomach makes cute clothes look TERRIBLE,
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    For me it's looking lumpy Niall my clothes. Having to try on 20 things before I find even one thing that looks ok. Being breathless when climbing stairs. Thighs rubbing together. In summer wearing shorts and having them ride up in the middle. Having to wear spanx or control top pantyhose under dresses in summer so I don't jiggle stinks too.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I think that everyone has pretty much covered all the reasons. I can't really think of anything else to add. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I just finished school and I am taking a week off to rethink how I am going to tackle this problem yet again. Starting April 15th things are getting pushed into high gear. My 16 year old daughter and I are going Six Flags hopping this July and I want to make sure that I can ride all the rides with her. :noway:
  • iceandfires
    Options
    constant jiggling.
    ill fitting clothes, needing a tailor
    remarks that 'i would be so pretty' if i lost some weight
    the look on people's faces when i tell them i'm losing weight
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    1. hurting all over
    2. confidence level zilch
    3. nothing fits right
    4. no energy
    5 EVERYTHING!!!
  • soundasleepx
    Options
    I don't feel comfortable in my clothes.
    I don't FIT into my clothes.
    I can't go bear legged without getting chafe marks and pains on my thighs.
    I'm not as confident as I was when I was skinnier.
    I can't get away with wearing my corsets and shorter skirts without feeling like I look like a fool.
    My jawline isn't as strong as it was when I was skinnier.
    My ARMS.
    I don't feel attractive.
  • Bberl
    Bberl Posts: 32
    Options
    Having my additional weight sit on my belly and hips. Rings that don't fit anymore.
    Clothes increasing in size. These are a few of my fatty things!