5'8 girls

Options
124»

Replies

• missjennynrich
    Options
    I'm currently weighing at 190 pounds and am 5'8. My goal weight is in the 160-170 range. I know personally that if I weighed lower than 160, I would look a bit sickly.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    This is a tough thing to advise on because it all depends on your bone structure, the amount and type of activity you engage in, your muscle weight vs. your fatty weight...all of it.

I'm 5'8" and I weigh 135 pounds with a smaller frame. I mostly wear a size 2 bottom, sometimes a 4. I wear a size 4 or 6 dress and an extra small or small top. It all depends.

I don't look sickly by any stretch of the word, however, someone else might if they have a heavier bone structure.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my goal is 150. it might change when I get closer! I'm 246 now. I have a long journey ahead.
  • recee27
    recee27 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I have come to learn that ONE SIZE DOESN'T FIT ALL! There is just too much to consider when it comes to how much any one person should weigh. We all have different bone structure and muscle mass vs. fat. Someone who has a really small frame would look just fine at the lower end of the recommended weight for this height. But someone like me with a large frame would look really bad and not be healthy at the lower end. I'm striving for 160. When I get there I will see how I feel and how I look. I'm not sticking to a size or weight for a final until I get there are see how I feel. That's far more important than any size or weight you THINK you should be at. Go by how you look and feel, not by what someone else said you SHOULD weigh or what size you SHOULD wear. Whatever you decide, good luck in your journey! :)
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    woo! finally a thread for my height!!! lol :D

I'm at 150 lbs, 21% body fat, and size ...I have no idea because all my pants are either too big or small (yoga pants for the win!).

I want to get down to 19% bf though the weight doesn't concern me as much. I'd like to get stronger mostly.

I don't see anything wrong with being 5'8'' and wanting to go lower than 150. The 120's may be pushing it though. Depends on your goals. Just what I think.
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    my goal is 140
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 so just a inch taller. I am 176 at the moment,have a large frame and fit a uk size 12. It depends on everyones shape I suppose. I would look sick at 120 pounds for sure but sure someone else with a small frame would look good.l am aiming for around 155ish. Why not set yourself mini goals then see how you feel closer to goal.

Good luck :smile:
  • AshatanViz
    AshatanViz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8.5" and I weigh about 130 pounds. I feel better at 122-125, but that's because i have relatively skinny legs and all the fat goes to my tummy. Gotta trim it down.
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    140 pounds for me
  • BeverlyC26
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I wear a size 6 when I reach around 135ish pounds. I reach size 4 when I'm 130lbs. So I think if you were 126lbs... you'd be really, really tiny. I'm built with a slim waist but wide hips and no butt (yeah isn't that nice). My goal right now is 135lbs and then I'll see how my old clothes fit. I don't think I've ever weighed 126lbs as 5'8".
    **US sizes