58 Years Old and 81 Pounds Gone (Pics too!)

Options

Replies

• 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!!!!!!
  • rcaruthie
    rcaruthie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story - great example and awesome job. Thank you for sharing.
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and at the beginning of the same journey. Thanks for sharing your story. Very inspirational.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I felt like I was reading my story - except the part about reaching my goal weight. I am 57 yo and I know there are quite a few "jillian Michaels aha" moments in my psych. I think I'll check out those books you mentioned. Congrats on reaching your goal weight - you look fabulous.
  • ewtx1000
    ewtx1000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story, truly an inspiration.
  • lahlstephens
    lahlstephens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look (and I'm sure...feel) fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am at the beginning of a long journey ahead of me, but reading stories like yours helps me to envision myself a year from now. All of you looks amazing, but I'm especially impressed with your arms...they rock!!!
  • Catskillet
    Catskillet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ...you are just the inspiration I needed today. I haven't logged in in a while...and after losing 40+ pounds 2.5 years ago...I've sadly piled 20 back on and I am so mad at myself (but I understand me too....). I also read the same books as you...and for a long time my sister was my only pal here...but I decided that I needed community support and have started looking here for other friends. Congratulations...I must say that now you look like one of those people I would look at and think, "She's so thin....I bet she's never had to worry about her weight in her life!"
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! You look fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!
  • roslynsw
    roslynsw Posts: 2
    Options
    Your story is similar to what I am experiencing. You inspire me to not look at my failures, but to keep pushing no matter what. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Roslyn
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Look at you!!!! That is fabulous!!! Thank you for taking the time to inspire others with your story!!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best post I have read since joining mfp.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for posting it.

The thought that your sister drove 600 miles to do the walk with you is incredible.

Stay positive!
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • kdgolfer
    kdgolfer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • travelgal59
    travelgal59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    good for you. It is nice to see someone around my age on here and being successful. CONGRATS to you...you rock!
  • toomanykids313
    Options
    Congratulations to you! You've done great and realizing WHY you ate is half the battle. I'm sure you are an inspiration to more folks than you know by posting this. Great job!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful! I applaud your determination and success. :drinker:
  • steven_workman
    Options
    Well done you!
  • mmickeep
    mmickeep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sarah_jones3
    Options
    such and amazing achievement ^_^
  • bluebuggy1970
    bluebuggy1970 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration. I recently got my mother to sign up to MFP. She is 64 and is just starting out. It is nice to know that it is possible....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!