4 days into 30 day shred and.......

Options

Replies

• NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS for a few weeks on level one. I really felt like I was getting stronger. At one point Jillian says she has 400 lb clients that do Jumping Jacks, so we should do them, too. I just can't handle all that "jiggling." Anyone else modify things so they're a little lower impact? I'm just over 200lbs, but have been much higher. Wondering if it's just me....

Im 242lbs 39yrs old. It killed me the 1st 3days & had 2 rest days the 1st 7days. I do what I can & yep hated the jumping jack & yep heard Jillian say about 400lb clients doing jumping jacks but I pushed myself as far & only managed to do the whole 20mins on day 9 & 10. Im on day2 of Lvl2 tomorrow & only could manage 1st 8mins straight. Im feeling good & my body is feeling awesome. Just give it a go I had a day off again today due my period been really heavy. Since starting shred 14days ago Iv had 3 days off. So give it a go again & at your pace but with your all :) Good luck!!!
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ive heard so many good things about 30DS, and people have had some amazing results...... but im scared!

My problem is I think I will be no good, quit within the first five minutes so dont' even bother attempting!

But as Jillian says, results don't come for free, so maybe I should just get in on it.

Seriously considering doing it this afternoon, I dont' have any handweights, but maybe tins will do for now?

Good work on your 4 days, excellent progress. :)
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm on 30DS day 6 today, I love how I am actually starting to feel my abs..... I didn't think I would ever feel abs, now they are of course underneath all my flab lol but I am glad to know that something is changing, not sure if I'm seeing a physical change yet or not, I'm just going to wait till the end and take my after photos and compare them. But, that's so awesome for you that's a great change!!!!

I'm on day 4 and i feel the same way. i'm SO tempted to take a pic to compare, but afraid i'd just bum myself out if i didnt see a change. I'm definitely feeling it though. I live on the third floor and it is PAINFUL to take the stairs. I also have a problem where my normal walk looks like a slowmotion speedwalk because my quads are so sore. Awkward, but worth it.

Also, is anyone else nervous as hell to start week two and all that dreaded planking? I HATE planking.
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My problem is I think I will be no good, quit within the first five minutes so dont' even bother attempting!

But as Jillian says, results don't come for free, so maybe I should just get in on it.

Seriously considering doing it this afternoon, I dont' have any handweights, but maybe tins will do for now?

You can modify it so it's a little easier if you need to, and it's only 20 minutes that go by pretty quickly. you'll want to die by the end, but stick with it! there's plenty of time to die after you're done! if you don't have handweights, tins can totally work. i've used big cans of soup in the past. you can also do the first day without weights. believe me, you'll still feel the burn for sure!
  • alyssawells1
    Options
    Congrats!! Well done!
  • laurabosworth1298
    laurabosworth1298 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!! That is such a great feeling!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    my calorie range is 1300-1400 calories. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. I get full and satisfied. so whatever calories this ends with for the day is my final count. i don't follow a special diet at all. I hear Jillian has one in ripped in 30 days
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    my calorie range is 1300-1400 calories. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. I get full and satisfied. so whatever calories this ends with for the day is my final count. i don't follow a special diet at all. I hear Jillian has one in ripped in 30 days

I found it here: http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

Great work, everyone. You've inspired me to start today!
  • pinksugarsparkle
    Options
    Hi I'm 4 days in to L1 of 30ds. And having a diet of 1200 calories including back calories. Althought I feel the burn and pain after I'm not seeing any changes did everyone notice changes on L1 or did some people only notice them once they started L2??
    I'm just worried that If there's no changes I'll lose motivation and stop.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple and less complicated since I know eating 3 meals and 2 snacks works for me that helps. I just need to make healthier choices. I also went from sedentary to working out so that could be part of it.
  • lindseylou197896
    lindseylou197896 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 and I was cussing Jillian out today. I don't have any weights right now. I use canned goods. The biggest ones I have and they work for now until I get some. I didn't think I could do it either, but I can and it feels good. You can do it too. Just do your best and stick with it.
  • changejen2013
    Options
    Wow, you got lucky. I have a pear shape body and it takes me a good 30lbs of weight to lose before changing pant sizes.
    Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • mandy_1794
    Options
    Today was a rest day for me :( I was hoping to do Day 6 today but I'm having trouble with my knee. I've always had bad knees and I know the shred is rough on them so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the pain will be gone tomorrow and I can get in a full week of doing the shred & my daily 45 minute cardio. We are going on a vacation to the beach in just over 30 days so I don't have time for this 'day off' nonsense :)
  • phartypantz
    Options
    I'm on day 4 level one. I'm 45 and usually can lose the stone I put on in winter quite easily come spring, but over the last few years in finding it difficult. I tried Pilates but it seemed too sedate. And I didn't really stick with it. I can manage the full routine with the shred, but the side lunge with weights kills my left hamstring. It is getting easier and I'm not aching so much. I've taken a before photo, which I MAY post if my results are good!
  • xkmhx2011
    xkmhx2011 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone.Keep up the great work.
    I finished day 10 level 2 today.Tomorrow Ill start level 3.Im ready but a lil nervous.Ive only lost 2 # but ive been losing inches.I can tell in my pics and with my clothes.My husband bought me ripped in 30 today so ill start that when Im done.
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love 30ds!!! I did it through my entire 3rd pregnancy and kept a healthy weight throughout and had a great delivery! (wouldn't recommend that for everyone, especially those who go into labor early. I'm one of those "blessed" ladies who hangs onto her babies until 42+ weeks :-/) Just finished RI30, and while I didn't lose any weight, I did go down two pants sizes. Starting the 90 day Body Revolution this Monday and am really excited!!! And, for those of you who don't like week two of the 30ds, try skipping to week three. It's way more fun! I hated week two...
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's funny....I don't really like level 2 but it's gotten easier (just means I am not totally dying....only a little lol). I'm on day 8 so almost to Level 3 (which I haven't done before). Looking forward to it next week though :-)
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So I am starting 30 ds... AGAIN smh... Are you supposed to go 30 days straight? Is that the way the program is designed?
  • ibiteirawri71
    Options
    Level 1 is free on youtube, however the other two levels you have to rent. I ordered mine online for about $15. I think it's worth the investment! And you can do it if you don't have access to internet. I just finished my fourth day after missing a couple of days. Not a huge difference yet, but the workout is getting easier to do. I'm also doing Tae Bo every other day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!