10 Things You Need to Know to Lose Weight

Options
Watched a program the other night about 10 things we need to know to lose weight, scientifically proven. These are the 10 points.

1. DON'T skip meals
2. Change your plate size from 12" to 10" or even smaller.
3. Count your calories.
4. Don't blame your weight on your METABOLISM.
5. Eat protein, to keep you fuller longer.
6. Eat soup, more often, keeps you fuller longer.
7. Eat LOW FAT DAIRY, don't cut out dairy from your diet.
8. Exersize.
9. AFTER BURN from exersize plays huge role in weight loss.
10.Keep moving, even the little bits during the day will add up to loss.

Just wanted to share the insight. It made the point with scientifically proven studies and experiments, so if we can incorporate most or all of these points, I think we'd find those pounds falling away?

Replies

• Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely keep this in mind
  • slywon
    slywon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I watched this too! It was British right?
  • sweetpea101077
    sweetpea101077 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Love the tip about the smaller plate size. That's definitely one that would be great for me, as I love to pile it on & cram it down.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    All of these are false, but I had a huge LOL @ 7.

Listen up, lactose intolerant people (80% of the world's population), there is no hope for you. You HAVE to eat LOW FAT DAIRY to loose weight.

Sorry, it's a scientifically proven fact. Don't even try loosing weight without it.

Look at all those overweight vegans! Look at all those fat paleo/primal lifestyle peeps! They are all so unhealthy, look at them, they need dairy... the poor things.

Anyway *ahem*

1. Meal placement does not affect weight loss. Eating a calorie deficit does. Spacing your meals evenly can help some people cope with a calorie deficit and curb hunger. There are, however, people who find that intermittent fasting works very well for them.

2. Your brain estimates hunger and fullness by volume, and you will have a perception of being fuller if you eat the same amount of food on a plate with no extra space. This is just a trick to help you eat a calorie deficit. There are a lot of people, myself included, who have lost weight without purchasing new dinner plates, though. It's hardly necessary, especially if you count your calories.

3. This is another helpful aid for eating a calorie deficit, and probably the most useful because it is exact. I would also include keeping a food journal.

4. Hormonal factors for metabolism can be extreme in some people, like people who have long histories of disordered eating or those with hypothyroidism. It can be very difficult for people in these circumstances to get enough macros/micros on a diet that would put them in a calorie deficit because their BMR's are so low. For most people, it's not an issue, but if you have trouble loosing weight it is important to see a doctor. Also, hormonal responses to stress and also to calorie restriction can lower your metabolism and make weight loss more difficult and lead to plateaus and stalls. Why discount these things out of hand?

5 & 6. Tricks to deal with a calorie deficit and curb hunger. I'd also add raw and steamed vegetables.

7. AHHAHAHHAHAHA What was this sponsored by the dairy industry? Seriously, were there lots of Got Milk? commercials?

8, 9 & 10. Exercise ("afterburn" effect included) and activity are not necessary for weight loss, eating a calorie deficit is. Exercise can help you create a calorie deficit but it is not necessary.

Here, I'll translate:

1. Eat a calorie deficit.
    2. Eat a calorie deficit.
    3. Eat a calorie deficit.
    4. Ignore people with metabolic issues, pretend plateaus and stalls never happen.
    5. Eat a calorie deficit.
    6. Eat a calorie deficit.
    7. Support corporate sponsors.
    8. Create a calorie deficit.
    9. Create a calorie deficit.
    10. Create a calorie deficit.

I'll admit it doesn't make for great TV, though.
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    exactly what i was thinking of at #7!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    scientifically proven...........

Really? :indifferent:
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    And...I know I ruined my metabolism when I was working out like crazy (10+ hours a week) and eating too little. So yes, I gained weight back because of MY METABOLISM. And I also have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid...hmmm....
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    scientifically proven...........

Really? :indifferent:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11445-1364571895-9.gif
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    All of these are false, but I had a huge LOL @ 7.

Listen up, lactose intolerant people (80% of the world's population), there is no hope for you. You HAVE to eat LOW FAT DAIRY to loose weight.

Sorry, it's a scientifically proven fact. Don't even try loosing weight without it.

Look at all those overweight vegans! Look at all those fat paleo/primal lifestyle peeps! They are all so unhealthy, look at them, they need dairy... the poor things.

Anyway *ahem*

?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

1. Eat at a deficit.

Fixed it for you.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

1. Eat at a deficit.

Fixed it for you.

What I was thinking.
  • AndrewXB9
    AndrewXB9 Posts: 114
    Options
    Watched a program the other night about 10 things we need to know to lose weight, scientifically proven. These are the 10 points.

1. DON'T skip meals
    2. Change your plate size from 12" to 10" or even smaller.
    3. Count your calories.
    4. Don't blame your weight on your METABOLISM.
    5. Eat protein, to keep you fuller longer.
    6. Eat soup, more often, keeps you fuller longer.
    7. Eat LOW FAT DAIRY, don't cut out dairy from your diet.
    8. Exersize.
    9. AFTER BURN from exersize plays huge role in weight loss.
    10.Keep moving, even the little bits during the day will add up to loss.

Just wanted to share the insight. It made the point with scientifically proven studies and experiments, so if we can incorporate most or all of these points, I think we'd find those pounds falling away?

I've done all of these things for nearly 3 years and I lose maybe 1lb per month, of wise one?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    the-difference-between-science-and-screwing-around.jpeg

inb4reddy
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Oh no here comes the firestorm............. :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options