PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SURE MY CALORIES ARE RIGHT

Options
I CALCULATED MY BMR AND TDEE

BMR: 1712
TDEE:2953

I CALCULATE 2953 X .20 (ON THE CALCULATOR AND IT CAME OUT 590.6 THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT. PLEASE HELP.

Replies

• ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    you want to subtract 20%, not eat 20%. Multiply it by .8
  • WrathfulKatherine
    WrathfulKatherine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for TDEE less 20%, you then need to subtract that 590 from the 2953 to get your answer.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    OMG DUUUUUH! THANKS SO MUCH!
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    WHOA THAT HAS ME AT 2362 CALORIES.....THAT SEEMS LIKE ALOT!!!
  • cidalia73
    cidalia73 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    WHOA THAT HAS ME AT 2362 CALORIES.....THAT SEEMS LIKE ALOT!!!

Could it be 'high' because of what you input for activity level? You have been working out a lot.
    I don't know if I'm off base here, and maybe someone more knowledgeable can jump in, but what I decided to do was calculate my TDEE and BMR at a sedentary level, 'cause I'm just starting out with exercise, and I'm going to make sure I eat back my exercise calories.

Once I'm regularly active, and have lost most of the weight, I'll recalculate for maintenance...still eating back exercise cals.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I think she's right... I think you may be high for your activity level. Even if you work out 7 days a week, you may not be on the high end of the activity levels - it depends on the rest of your life too. Desk job vs mail carrier... etc. I would use light or moderate - and go from there. If you're losing, your at the right spot. If you're still stuck, you need to add some more calories.

Also - I know your get a *bit* impatient at times... if you are going to start going by this you have to know that this is a much slower process. You will see more changes in the mirror than you will on the scale. Also, when you first bump up your calories, expect a gain and dont freak out. After 2 or 3 days, it will fall right back off. Only add 200 cals per week until you hit your TDEE-20% number, so you don't freak your body out. And you probably ought to pull the batteries out of the scale for a month or so - so you don't get frustrated...

Just my opinion...
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    I think she's right... I think you may be high for your activity level. Even if you work out 7 days a week, you may not be on the high end of the activity levels - it depends on the rest of your life too. Desk job vs mail carrier... etc. I would use light or moderate - and go from there. If you're losing, your at the right spot. If you're still stuck, you need to add some more calories.

Also - I know your get a *bit* impatient at times... if you are going to start going by this you have to know that this is a much slower process. You will see more changes in the mirror than you will on the scale. Also, when you first bump up your calories, expect a gain and dont freak out. After 2 or 3 days, it will fall right back off. Only add 200 cals per week until you hit your TDEE-20% number, so you don't freak your body out. And you probably ought to pull the batteries out of the scale for a month or so - so you don't get frustrated...

You may be right. Aside from my workout, I am sitting most of the day.

Just my opinion...
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

Just my opinion...

I bet you're right. Besides my workout I am sitting most of the day.