What accessories do you bring to the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Between my husband and I, we carry a Mini notebook with a pen attached for writing our weights/reps, Water, Towels, Our gloves

and if I'm doing cardio, I'll run down to the Kid's Club and get my phone/ear buds out of the diaper bag.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    - terry washcloth (instead of towel)
    - pack of tissues
    - water bottle
    - kindle (not often, on recumbent bike/elliptical days only)
    - fingerless gloves for callus prevention
    - ipod shuffle for protecting myself from gym music
    - spare barrette and hair tie to keep hair out of my face

I am quite a pack rat, apparently!
  • TaylorBreh
    Options
    Shaker bottle, gloves, and a lifting belt.
    I only use the belt when I do deadlifts because I have a tendency to arch my back.
  • Asavitzk
    Asavitzk Posts: 66
    Options
    iPhone, earbuds with Jabra Clipper Bluetooth adapter (so no wire between the earbuds and the phone - well worth the $$), HRM, and water bottle.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Ipod and a water bottle
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    Squat shoes, squat suit, knee sleeves, knee wraps, knee high socks, dead lifting slippers, chalk, baby powder, latching belt, standard belt, slingshot, bench shirt, wrist wraps, tape, bengay, peptobismal.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    phone, earbuds, water , and lifting gloves
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Man, I tried those Fat Gripz things for the first time last week and they are EVIL. Four days later and I couldn't even squeeze a lime into my G&T.

Seriously, though, yes, they're great for grip strength but unless you're a horseshoe-bender/phonebook-ripper/Popeye, you shouldn't be using them all the time. You're going to wear out your grip before you can do much of anything for whatever muscle you're actually trying to work with that lift.

On my most accessorized day, I bring:
    Work Blackberry
    Personal Cell
    iPod/earbuds
    Workout log + pen
    Lifting straps
    Towel

And no, I don't take calls on either of those phones, but I need to have them with me for email/texting availability. And I go stand somewhere out of the way to check them. No Angry Birds in the squat rack!