41 pounds lost *with pics*

Options

Replies

• jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You look amazing!!
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great Job :)

I have a question for you...did you ever have days or weeks when you thought you things weren't changing and wanted to just give up? I'm down 7 lbs that I know of (didn't weigh myself till after 2 weeks of diet and exercise so I have probably lost more) and I do feel like I see changes, but sometimes I look at my huge arms and gut and just think it's never going to happen; like I will never have 'normal' arms or a 'normal' waist again. I'm exercising at least 5 days a week and I know I have to be patient, but how do you overcome those feelings that you'll never reach your goal?

Also, do you see yourself as the weight you are now, or do you sometimes stil see yourself as the "old" you? I remember losing weight before and thinking I was still fat, but when I look at old pictures now I think, "wow I looked good then!". I hope that doesn't happen again to me this time!

Even though Im half way through, I still feel as fat as i was when I started out. Remember, psychologically, it takes a much longer time for you to acknowledge the fact that you've lost weight.

I remember having nasty days, nasty weeks where the scale just wouldnt move! But you dont have to rely on numbers to feel good. Just believe in your determination and dedication towards a healthier lifestyle. Look at it this way - If we didnt care when gaining that weight, why should we care about the time when we are trying to lose it?

Motivate yourself by thinking about the future of a new you! I look at the amazing variety of clothes, more attention from people, my family! DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR this once. Give this your very best, and the chance of getting to live a healthier future :)
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is a keeper! I love what he said about either do it or stop complaining, he loves you either way. I met my husband during college and I was drinking like a fish and eating junk all the time. He fell in love with me when I weighed the most (except for very recently after 2 kids) and it's awesome because he drools over me at any weight that I am.

Very Insprational! Go and burn through those last 20 pounds!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good. You should be proud!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job, you are looking fabulous! Keep up the good work!
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    very nice, great job!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! You look great!
  • Ridumcowgirl
    Ridumcowgirl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    YOU girl are an INSPIRATION! Way to go you look amazing!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! That defiantly made a difference.
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! You look amazing. I really enjoyed reading the info along with your pics. It hit home, very well spoken.
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    Good job ;)
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! thank you for all your lovely encouraging replies.

Getting this far was difficult, really difficult....

I would also like to share with you somethings i've learnt through my weight-loss:

1) Surround yourself with people who appreciate your presence and can add value to a better you. If people really care about you and your effort, they will ensure that they dont hinder your progress. If you really matter to them, they will give you the encouragement you need.

2) Realise that there are people around you who have nothing more productive to do in life but to comment on other people's dedication towards their life. I've had people comment about my weight when i was big, there are even those who mock me for being so dedicated towards gym, or those who pass remark on my portion control. Just do what your body requires you to do!

3) Appreciate what life offers you at each stage of your workout. Sometimes, a workout isn't just to lose weight, to me, it is a way to channelize my emotions.

4) Prioritize what is important to you. Its about time, you be selfish and think about yourself. I ensure that I leave work as soon as time is up just so that I get to the gym on time. Understand that if you re not dedicated towards your workouts, they wont be as productive and thus, wont show the results you wish to see.

5) Give your body a break regularly. Remember, an overworked body is more prone to fatigue. Rest if needed but dont use fatigue as an excuse to not workout regularly. Sometimes, a pain killer does the trick.

6) We are all humans! Its ok to be pigging-out once in a while (and later hating yourself for it) or having cheat days. Just dont let one bad day lead to one bad week. Your body allows you a day of binging i believe.

7) There is NO easy way out. All those over-the-counter pills, acai berry, ketones, detox, etc, they're all money swallowing gimmicks! DO NOT INVEST IN THEM! whats worse, you'll endanger your body, or the last thing you need is to gain weight because of them.

8) Treat your body like a temple, worship it.

Just remember - MOTIVATION IS WHAT GETS YOU STARTED AND HABIT IS WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING...

I would recommend you guys the McDavid Waist belt/trimmer. I believe it is the only product ive purchased that has truly worked for me. It makes you sweat like crazy during workouts. Ive lost about 4 inches around my waist with it. You can also use it during your lifting regime.

:)
  • brittgabhew
    Options
    You look amazing, and so happy. What an inspiration! Keep up the hard work! :smile:
  • erinprattavila
    erinprattavila Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, keep up the great work! You look great!!
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome!!!
  • Smittysmama
    Options
    Amazing!! You are gorgeous!
  • Miss_Carol
    Miss_Carol Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics! I am doing some pics today for myself so I can see my progress. I have no doubt you will make it to your goal.
  • matthel1980
    Options
    You better work honey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!