Level Obstacles: Lose Weight, Target Fat! (EASY!!)

Options

Replies

• keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thank you, bump!
  • Akumu
    Akumu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    this is where I get confused. So do I set MFP to my BMR with my activity set to sedentary and eat back all of my calories - or do I set my activity to moderate set my MFP to the TDEE and log my exercise and eat back all of my calories?

I haven't seen much movement in the scale, so I don't know if setting my BMR to 1300 and eating back ALL of my exercise calories (I put in that I have an active lifestyle) is backfiring - and I should eat less or if I am not eating enough.

My BMR is 1335
    My TDEE is 2070

I burn about 500 calories 4-5 days a week exercising and on those days eat about 1700-1800 calories
  • Trerika
    Trerika Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great explanation that is clear and easy to understand. Many thanks!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!! This is very helpful!!
  • laren30
    laren30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bobbiboo24
    bobbiboo24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Really liked this post. Clear and direct! :D
  • MariAOK
    MariAOK Posts: 38
    Options
    Bump
  • EmRN06
    EmRN06 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great info. Bumping for later.
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump... well summed up! Thanks for bringing this all together and making it easier to understand!
  • fatolelatdy
    fatolelatdy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Determinedgirl02
    Options
    Very helpful. Thanks for posting :smile:

bump
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    this is where I get confused. So do I set MFP to my BMR with my activity set to sedentary and eat back all of my calories - or do I set my activity to moderate set my MFP to the TDEE and log my exercise and eat back all of my calories?

I haven't seen much movement in the scale, so I don't know if setting my BMR to 1300 and eating back ALL of my exercise calories (I put in that I have an active lifestyle) is backfiring - and I should eat less or if I am not eating enough.

My BMR is 1335
    My TDEE is 2070

I burn about 500 calories 4-5 days a week exercising and on those days eat about 1700-1800 calories

Without talking about other confounding variables such as accuracy of food measurement, etc . . . you say you're eating 1700-1800 or so on days where you burn 500 or so - which is a net 1200-1300 calories. If this means that you're eating 1200 to 1300 on days where you don't exercise, I think things are wonky.
    I recommend calculating TDEE including an accurate assessment of your exercise, and eating a deficit from that, without deviating significantly on exercise vs. non-exercise days.
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thats crazy! I guess I have been way under. It says that my TDEE is 2800 which means that if I decrese by 20% I should be eating 2,240 calories a day and if I decrease by 30% I should be eating around 1,960 calories a day! I wonder if this is why my weight loss has been so slow! I have my calorie intake set to 1420 based off what my doc said was a good limit for me to lose weight.
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    got to say this is very well written. I'd say you covered 'the basics' but it would be more accurate to say that you've covered 'what really matters'.

And done without a hint of condescension or a 'know it all' attitude. Really, bravo!

He said everything I was going to say!!! :)
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That number is so scary for me, to up my calories goals to 1960 calories a day just because I work out 3-5 days a week?

This is making me nervous lol (It seems like so many calories!)

But I am kinda intrigued and want to experiement with this for this week and see what happens.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Nicely said OP!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    L69VkN7.gif
    Bump