How THE hell do you stretch the arch of your foot?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Roll your food over a bottle full of ice. Or a tennis ball.

I prefer to roll my food in caramel.

apple1_zps6daaae1c.gif

apple2_zps9f1e6bf8.gif

And maybe a little granola . . .

apple3_zps88dd2097.gif

Then I gobble it down. :happy:

apple4_zps0616458b.gif
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Stand on your tip toes. Also you can stand on the edge of a step and force your heels down as far as they will go and then go on tip toe. Repeat slowly. It will also tone your calves.

^This.
  • mjcong
    mjcong Posts: 4
    Options
    i do the same, but i typically have a can that i keep in the fridge --- so that i can get the iced can rolling on my foot (similar to what a bunch of the people have already stated). You can also go to amazon and buy one of those feet stretcher things that looks like you put your foot on a rocking horse platform?
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I use a frozen water bottle or a golf ball
  • erbimages
    erbimages Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Buy a cheap tennis ball from the pet store (they are a dollar) Then invest in some ugly but amazing Vibram Fivefingers and slowly ease your way into them buy wearing them 20-30 min a day for a week
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    golf ball. I have a wooden thingy too that I got at World market to roll my foot on. Also massage. I will massage mine while I am in the shower after I workout.
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I stretch mine on a racquet ball because a tennis ball is too soft for me to really get a deep arch stretch. Just stand and put pressure on the ball with your arch and roll it under your foot while you are watching tv every night. I did this after I got a running injury. It really helped. I hope your foot isn't injured. You could also try standing on a step on just your toes and lowering you heel down then up. This is more of a calf stretch, but it seems to stretch my arch area, too.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Seriously. Any ideas?

What are you trying to stretch it for? squats? yoga?
    http://www.yogajournal.com/for_teachers/1811
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Roll your food over a bottle full of ice. Or a tennis ball.

I prefer to roll my food in caramel.

apple1_zps6daaae1c.gif

apple2_zps9f1e6bf8.gif

And maybe a little granola . . .

apple3_zps88dd2097.gif

Then I gobble it down. :happy:

apple4_zps0616458b.gif

This.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Like this:

ezmp1l.png
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    kneel down on with your toes on the floor sit back on your ankles keep your toes on the floor,(do not put the top of your feet on the floor) used to do this stretch before every TKD practice
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I had no idea. Y'all rock!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My fasciitis only went after having to wear an air cast for a injured ankle for a few weeks. Even steroid injections hadnt helped.

So make sure your posture is right too, get orthoses prescribed and wear good trainers.

Fasciitis sucks above every other injury I've ever had. I'd rather have shin splints or rotator cuff than PF. They suck too, but nowhere near as much as PF, which sucks all the joy out of life from the moment you put your feet out of bed in the morning.

So don't just rely on stretching, sort out the other aspects too,and hope it'll just be a short period of annoyance for you.

Am I hyperventilating a bit? Did I mention that I had PF for three years and didn't like it?
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I rolled my feet on a lacrosse ball last night. It was pretty excruciating. I didn't have a golf ball, but it seemed good enough!