inner thigh fatness?

Options

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    One thing I've read on to keep any bulking down is sumo squats - heidi klum does them *and keep in mind she's predisposed to a model's body* and looks really great! cardio will lose fat, but i worry about 'bulking' with squats and lunges.

i think the variations help lean up the muscle!

You won't "bulk" by doing squats and lunges.

This!
    And you will tighten the muscles and lose inches on your thighs by doing squats and lunges and cutting overall body fat....
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I love having thick thighs. Admittedly, I want lots of muscle, but I like a nice layer of fat over it.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    bump
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love having thick thighs. Admittedly, I want lots of muscle, but I like a nice layer of fat over it.

+1!!! Absolutely aiming for athletic thunder thighs!'
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can't really spot reduce but you can do extra toning to problem areas. Try this link http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/ :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat.

You CAN spot increase (or maintain) muscle but really, it's better to do so all over your body.

Calorie deficits burn fat, not cardio.

THIS. Why is everyone bumping this thread when the answers are already here?

To lose fat on any given part of your body, you must LOSE FAT. You do that with a moderate caloric deficit.

Adding a bit of strength training is a good idea if you'd like to hang on to some lean muscle so that your thighs will have a nice shape/look when you're through losing whatever fat you want to get rid of.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

+2 to both of you. I love strong and meaty thighs! :heart: :drinker:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    All you can do is lose fat all over you body. Squats and lunges won't target the fat, but they will target the muscle underneath it, making your thighs look firmer.
    So, strength training and eating at a small deficit to lose the fat.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, you will need to lose fat but do you have access to a gym?
    The hip abb/adductor machines have helped me with that.
  • carbnut
    carbnut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sumo squats are good. inner thigh leg raises with an ankle weight on if you want are good too. any cardio will help tone your inner thigh as well as your whole leg.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

+2 to both of you. I love strong and meaty thighs! :heart: :drinker:

FR sent!
    and throw in some plies too, with weights if you can
    doing pulses of any of those exercises is killer
  • srach21
    srach21 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback. I have used a machine similar at the gym. I just started doing squats too and i love em!

Perhaps I need to be focused on toning them?
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Sumo Squats
    Lying Leg Lifts
    Side Lunge
    First Position Plie Squat

These will help build your muscles. Cardio and eating a small deficit will also help with the fat loss.
  • Adieda
    Adieda Posts: 1
    Options
    Cardio dosent burn fat. cardio strengthens your cardiovascular system. thats y its called cardio. and time you burn more calories then you take in, you'll loose weight. after the inital week or two of dropping excess water stores, you body will start burning extra body fat to replace energy it feels its lacking. to shrink your fat I suggest you do some weight training since muscle is more condensed than fat you thinghs will decrease in size. plus the legs hold the largest amount of muscle in the human body so you can challenge different mucles on different days to keep from being bored and so as not to overwork any 1 muscle and cause injery. most women lack the testosterone to become bulky so dont worry too much. plus for every 10lbs of muscle you add (build) you'll burn an extra 3500 extra calories(1 pound) a week at rest. Ive lost 4inches off of my own thighs using this method.(in 3 weeks time)
  • ThatKimChick
    Options
    Plie squats are very effective and check out 'Blogilates' (on Youtube) 'Inner thigh Insanity'. Combine with strength training, cardio and healthy eating and you should be good :)
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've really slimmed down my inner thighs. Mine have always been that big ugly lump.

I do pretty intense kickboxing 3x per week. On resistance days, there are squats, lunges and the usual. The one where I get the most inner thigh burn is by using an "o-ring" resistance band around my ankles, laying on on side, propping the top leg up and lifting that lower leg. You can really feel a burn!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Agree that you can't spot reduce.
    DISAGREE with cardio being the only way to burn fat.
    DISAGREE that squats and lunges will make you "bulky"
    And...add me to the "meaty thigh" club... :bigsmile:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, you will need to lose fat but do you have access to a gym?
    The hip abb/adductor machines have helped me with that.

http://fitandfeminist.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/the-abductoradductor-machine-a-scam-perpetuated-on-women/
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The only way to burn fat is cardio. Get that heart rate up!

Sorry. You fail.

Get in the gym and start lifting some heavy weights. Squats (preferably with a barbell and some weights) are great as well as deadlifts! I do hardly any cardio. I despise it. The most cardio I do right now is Yoga and Les Mills BodyFlow and walking the dog.