Level Obstacles: Lose Weight, Target Fat! (EASY!!)

Options

Replies

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Tag
    Level Obstacles: Lose Weight, Target Fat!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Want this in my feed. Thank you for taking the time to compile this in a simple, condensed version.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    BOOKMARKED!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    L0YkSmZ.gif
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    got to say this is very well written. I'd say you covered 'the basics' but it would be more accurate to say that you've covered 'what really matters'.

And done without a hint of condescension or a 'know it all' attitude. Really, bravo!

yep. Thanks!!
  • pia5791
    pia5791 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks so much...I needed this reminder and you made it so simple and easy to understand. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    MFP functions well within certain parameters, but their mathematical model completely fails in a number of common cases.

Think of MFP's calculator/wizard as the Wizard of Oz.

It's a dumb tool. It's going to try to help you get to your goal...whether or not your goal is realistic. Sure, you COULD take a balloon back to Kansas. Or you could click your heels. Right.

Much better to learn about your body, like from this thread, and take a more realistic approach that will ease you into weight loss and ease you back out of it when you reach your goal. The failure rate is much lower this way.

QFT!

I just wanted to quote this, because the point is so right on the money.
  • matthewcorb
    Options
    Love it!

Bump!! :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for awesome.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump. Thanks!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    edited to add/reiterate/clarify: I didn't do this by myself, it is the compilation of direct collaboration of ihad, sarauk2sf, davpul, angelamberl, loraf83, winnervictorious, codergal, zoelifts, serpwidgets, allonsytothetardis, cmriverside, sjohnny, jofjltncb6, lacurandera1 and others. It is also the product of indirect collaboration - i.e. learning by observation - from sidesteel, acg67, and a hundred other fabulous members who do the research and share the results.
    I can't believe I didn't see this till page 8! Thanks for the Credz!
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks!
  • teresab101
    teresab101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    That number is so scary for me, to up my calories goals to 1960 calories a day just because I work out 3-5 days a week?

This is making me nervous lol (It seems like so many calories!)

But I am kinda intrigued and want to experiement with this for this week and see what happens.

I really wish I could rip these thoughts out of peoples minds. To many people get thrown out a number and don't question it. I was one of them for to long.

Look at a box with a nutritional label. Notice how that number is still higher then the number you listed. That's a recommendation for a healthy adult female to get about 98% of their recommended nutrition according to the FDA/Canada Health/RDI. Not saying that that's the greatest be all end all source to get information but that's why there are people who end up with nutritional deficiencies over time eating chicken and vegetables all day when they aren't eating enough even though they 'feel full'.

Also, experimenting with a particular diet for a week usually isn't a good indicator of anything. Our body goes through *stuff that's to long to explain here*. Long story short, you can have spikes in weight when you change things. I say give it longer.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    good for noobs ;)
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    bump
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew this 7 years ago when I lost a ton of weight...only to gain it back. Ate too little for my activity level.