Summer Sixer-tini's: Week 1

Options

Replies

• izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Updating....

Cathy(chipper).......................SW 239.2 lbs/ GW 235.0 lbs/ CW 239.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Sarah (Saloule).....................SW 132.0 lbs/ GW 126.0 lbs/ CW 132.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Laurie (Haismais).................SW 248.0 lbs/ GW 235.0 lbs/ CW 248.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)..................SW 170.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 170.5 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Sandy (izzypup)......................SW 185.2 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 185.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Tracy ( frogy_98) .................. SW 220.0 lbs/ GW 214.0 lbs/ CW 220.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    BJ (momieof2).......................SW 295.0 lbs/ GW 290.0 lbs/ CW 295.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)...........SW 270.2 lbs/ GW 265.0 lbs/ CW 270.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    April (aprilcan)........................SW 188.0 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 188.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman)............SW 154.0 lbs/ GW 147.0 lbs/ CW 154.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lindsey (LHuffman24).........SW 156.0 lbs/ GW 150.0 lbs/ CW 156.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Molly (Mollybeslimmer).........SW313.0 lbs/ GW 299.0 lbs/ CW 313.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ....SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)...........................SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising)......SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Amy (amypyr)...........................SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    B (its_B)...................................SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

Molly I added you into the mix. Next week you just put your new CW in and what progress you have made. Just copy and paste the newest list so that everyone is on there. And Welcome.
    To all new and not so new. My name is Sandy and I live in St. Louis Mo. I have 2 grown sons and one grand daughter. I am an art teacher working with K-6 grade students at this point. (used to teach hs for 7 yrs before this). BTW loved both grade levels. This is actually my first complete summer off without working. It has been a joy!
    Had a great salad today. I love to get the roasted chickens at the store. First day, well just reg chicken, but after that I make salad with cold chicken on it. On another day I make chicken salad or angel hair pasta with chicken, peppers, and asparagus. So good.
    Glad to see everyone and have a great evening.

Sandy
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    can anyone join this group?
  • izzypup
    Options
    can anyone join this group?

Sure.... We are a great group! If you have read the post you'll know that. I think Cathy and Kristen have been with the group since it started. When I joined they were/are sooooo helpful. Just look at the posts. We just started a new 6 week session so weigh ins are on Tuesdays. Copy and paste the post. Put in your SW which should also be your CW (this week) and your GW for the week.... at the bottom of the top section. I hope you good health and good luck.
    Sandy
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Cathy(chipper).......................SW 239.2 lbs/ GW 235.0 lbs/ CW 239.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Sarah (Saloule).....................SW 132.0 lbs/ GW 126.0 lbs/ CW 132.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Laurie (Haismais).................SW 248.0 lbs/ GW 235.0 lbs/ CW 248.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)..................SW 170.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 170.5 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Sandy (izzypup)......................SW 185.2 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 185.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Tracy ( frogy_98) .................. SW 220.0 lbs/ GW 214.0 lbs/ CW 220.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    BJ (momieof2).......................SW 295.0 lbs/ GW 290.0 lbs/ CW 295.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)...........SW 270.2 lbs/ GW 265.0 lbs/ CW 270.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    April (aprilcan)........................SW 188.0 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 188.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman)............SW 154.0 lbs/ GW 147.0 lbs/ CW 154.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lindsey (LHuffman24).........SW 156.0 lbs/ GW 150.0 lbs/ CW 156.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Molly (Mollybeslimmer).........SW313.0 lbs/ GW 299.0 lbs/ CW 313.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ....SW 141.8 lbs/ GW 138.3 lbs/ CW 141.8 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

B (its_B)...................................SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Molly, bhelmreich, Lindsey, Laurie, April, BJ, Sarah, Melissa - WELCOME!!!

Kristin - Wow!!! Is Kadence 10 months already. Amazing how times flies.

Cathy - Great job on your blood work. Take care of that heel.

Amy (baha) - Can't wait to see the pics of Wyatt's room. My eight year old son will not let me change his room for anything. I'm allowed to add to his space theme (like Buzz Lightyear wall stickers), but never allowed to take anything away.

A little about myself:
    I live in Maryland and have been married for over 4 years to a great man. We are raising our two beautiful children, (Shaelyn 9.5 and Christo(PHER) 8). Hubby and I both put on some weight after the wedding. Although I am in my "healthy" range, I'm working on my "comfortable weight". I exercise 4 to 5 times a week at a gym doing different classes of Zumba, step, aerobics...and have just started adding running back into the mix, with some weight training throughout the morning while I'm working my 3 am to 9 am shift at home from my computer. That about sums me up :)

Have a great day everyone. Will check back in tomorrow or later this week.

SW 170.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 170.5 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    thank you Sandy. :D
    my scale is nearly gone so will be purchasing a new one,and can bet a new weight.*crosses fingers* it will be smaller -lol

Hello to all new ones and not so new.It is lovely to see the group grow.

Molly
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    latest and greatest bunch of ladies i have had the pleasure to meet........

Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ....SW 141.8 lbs/ GW 138.3 lbs/ CW 141.8 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

~We weigh in every tuesday.
    ~the challenges last a total of 6 weeks and we start again with a new name.
    ~we copy and paste the last posted list and update our information. put your name/info in the top half of the list. the bottom half is for people who haven't checked in yet.
    ~sw is for starting weight (what the scale said the beginning of the challenge)
    ~cw is for current weight ( what the scale said on tuesday weigh in)
    ~gw is for goal weight ( what we would like the scale to say in the end of 6 week challenge. (example 10-15-20 % of sw or what ever you want)
    ~we are just here to help each other through life. there is and will always be mountains to climb and tunnels to go through. that will never change. we learn from our mistakes and take other lessons into thought.

again welcome and glad to have you aboard.
    GO SIXERS
  • chipper15173
    Options
    GOOD MORNING LADIES......

i am well rested from my company and on the go. i am finishing up my coffee and heading to the gym with free weight exercises to do. my nephew had bought an LL cool J book on eating and exercising, got some great info. of things to do at the gym.

how are the greatest people on earth doing this second day of our 6 weeks. only 40 days left to reach your mini goal. WOW.

school will be starting for some towards the end of this 6 weeks. now is a good time to start getting your plan together on how you are going to handle the stress of a new schedule again. this is life for everyone. we don't just cruise on through. than life would be boring and uneventful. we have to have a strategy for when the hill, mountains, tunnels, turbulence comes. it's never going to be smooth.
    that's today's pep talk.

have a great day, back later.
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I just wanted to post something about a new exercise "class" I attended last night. It's called Water Walking, and it's held in my city's water park in the Lazy River. I don't know if this is a wide-spread activity, or just held here, or what... But, it's an awesome leg workout! You can walk with the current of the water or against it. Walking with the current gives you the resistance of the water, but turning around and going against the current is really difficult!

Anyway, if your town has a water park with a Lazy River, check and see if they offer something like this. It's a great thing to do in the summer time (it was 94 degrees last night while I was working out...)!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

Cathy...glad you are well rested! And thanks for updating! Can you believe we've been doing sixers for so long?! It's crazy if you think about it!! And I wouldn't trade it for ANYthing!!!

Molly, Lindsey...WELCOME!! We are happy to have you join us!

Lorna...yay...I can't believe Kadence is 10 months already!! Seems like she was just born!! And we are now starting to plan a birthday party!!! CRAZY!

To everyone else...hello!!

AFM: Last night was great! Well...sort of. I went to balance my check book yesterday at work, and realized that my husband has been making some big purchases without telling me. Turns out he was helping a friend work on his car. Well that's great and all, but we don't have the money for him to be giving it away...even to a friend. Especially since this friend has PLENTY of money. So I was ALL upset, and cancelled out anniversary dinner for tonight! Went home and immediately did Shred level 3 (which was AWESOME and totally burned!) and then went for a 2 mile run with Kadence! How I love a good workout! It totally improved my mood! Dinner ended up being 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices light wheat bread, and string cheese. So I did really good! And my husband and I are fine...just no dinner tonight since he's been splurging, but I'll get over it. Plus it will save me from going over-board on calories.

Plan for today:
    B-Multigrain cheerios, skim milk, coffee, sugar-free creamer
    S-Kashi TLC Baked Apple bar, banana
    L-Turkey, 1 oz. cheese, lettuce and honey mustard on light wheat, baby carrots, light yogurt
    S-Braeburn apple
    D-Chicken, green salad, brown rice
    S-Sugar-free pudding cup, popsicle

Exercise:
    Shred day 15 level 3, and hopefully a run, but it's raining right now, so we'll have to see!

Well...have a great morning ladies, and I'll check back later!
  • bahamomma87
    bahamomma87 Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome April, BJ, Lindsay, Sarah, Molly & Laurie , this group is awesome.... such support and love ..... you will love it !

Kel -- i agree... time for a fresh start !

Cathy --- i think youre right... it sucks when doctors go on about your weight when you are working HARD to improve it! loved your pep talk

Lindsay -- HAppy 2nd anniversary!

Kristin--- You are doing fabulous ..... yay for loving your jogging stroller..... !!!!!!! Im a walker .... never been quite good at jogging/running! it makes me ache everywhere LOL .... maybe when i get to my goal weight !!!!!! :-) ....... Im sorry about you and your hubby having a little fuss over finances! i agree..... its nice to help out a friend but not when you need the money yourself! ..... Glad you burned out the frustration with exercise! SO proud of you girl ! your menus are looking fabulous!

Molly -- You can do it !!!!! XOXO

Sandy -- yay for having a summer off ! xoxo and yay for a yummy salad!

Lorna--- haha I will post a pic in the next post !!!!!! thats super cute about your son..... im sure wyatt will get to that one day LOL ... but im enjoying the time whn u can dress them n change things ..... hehe loved your about you....

everyone else -- HEYYYYYYYY
    :heart:

B- 1 cup teavana weight to go, 2 eggs, 1 slice bologna, 1 slice pineapple
    S- fiber plus bar
    L- 1 cup veggie soup, 1 slice wheat toast
    S- 1 cup teavana weight to go, carrots
    D- Pork chop grilled, steamed veggies, 1 cup w.wheat penne pasta
    S- 1 cup teavana tranquility tea

going to upload pics of wyatts room
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Amy (baha)...what is this teavana? I've never heard of it.
  • bahamomma87
    Options
    A little about me for the newbies :

My name is Amy, I live in the Bahamas... one of the northern islands of the chain ...... Ive livd here my entire life... generations go back .... of family that has lived here ..... I married my best friend back in 2005..... we are going on five years. he is 14 years older then me. He is my true soulmate..... I loved him when i was three... and then didnt see him until i was 18 .... it was perfect! .... We have been through alot together.... I was put on birth control before my wedding..... to get my body adjusted... and gained 70 lbs or so with an allergic reaction to them .... talk about a shocker..... then i got pregnant and miscarried..... and then a year later got pregnant again and had our beautiful son, Wyatt, who is now almost TWO .... cant believe it! ... and we just got pregnant again in june... but i lost that baby ... a week ago ..... We have decided to not have any more kids because of the pain from the miscarriages..... so Here i am ... ready and willing to get my health back ..... So far my weight has not given me any health issues and i want to keep it that way! i have no sugar problems, no blood pressure probs or anything! so Im ready !!!!!!!!

I found these girls and fell in love with their support and constant love and prayers ..... they are there for you when you need someone the most! what else could we need?!?! ... I dont follow the MFP program ... i do weight watchers..... !!!!! at home.......

Lets get losing !

~~~~~
    heres my sons new two year old bedroom !!!!! he is sooooo excited :

2636936220103971602S425x425Q85.jpg

2302196410103971602S425x425Q85.jpg

2644997690103971602S425x425Q85.jpg
  • bahamomma87
    Options
    KRistin---- I was turned to it by my doula a few weeks ago ..... IT IS DELISH ! ..... heres a link to the ones that they gave me !!!!!!!

http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Oolong-Teas/Six-Summits-Oolong-Tea.axd

Health Benefits of Oolong Tea:
    Good for metabolism and digestion
    May help lower your cholesterol levels
    Also known as 'Wu-Long' teas
    Excellent for skin and complexion
    Contains 10-15% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee.

Here is the weight to go one : (my doula lost 40 lbs not really changing anything except drinking it twice a day) :

http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Black-Teas/Weight-To-Go-Pu-erh-Tea.axd

Health Benefits of Black Tea:
    Aids in lowering cholesterol
    May help regulate your blood sugar
    Gently stimulates the heart and circulatory system
    Promotes healthy teeth, skin and bones
    Contains 20% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee

and here is the mix that they gave me for night-time!
    IT TASTES AWESOME:

http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Green-Teas/Jasmine-Dragon-Phoenix-Pearls-Green-Tea.axd
    http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Herbal-Teas/Peach-Tranquility-Herbal-Tea.axd
    http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/White-Teas/Lavender-Dreams-White-Tea.axd

Its a mix they can make !

ealth Benefits of White Tea:
    Extremely high amount of antioxidants
    May inhibit the growth of certain forms of cancer
    May reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
    Excellent for skin and complexion
    Approximately 1% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee

Health Benefits of Herbal Tea:
    Delicious source of antioxidants and vitamins, particularly Vitamin C
    Other benefits depend on the specific parts of individual teas
    Naturally caffeine-free
    Usually great hot or iced

Health Benefits of Green Tea:
    May help boost the immune system
    Includes polyphenols which may help prevent the growth of certain cancers
    Soothes the stomach and digestive system
    Regulates blood sugar
    Lower cholesterol
    Contains 5-10% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee.

!!!!!!
    ENJOY GIRLIES !
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Amy (amypyr)..........................SW 158.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/ CW 158.5 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

I'm back! ... Again. Between VBS and a vacation to the mountains, I've been busy. I have been eating horribly over the last few weeks, but I've been keeping up with my running. Last time I ran (which was unfortunately now a week ago) I actually ran 3 tenths of a mile nonstop! :bigsmile: That's the best I've ever done!! I've been slacking on my water too. I only gave myself 3.5 lbs to loose this 6 weeks. It's not much, but I've never made my goal. So this time, with a smaller number, I plan on passing my goal!

Amy(bahama) - I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. (((hugs)))
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i am back. had a good workout at the gym. was going to take my first spin class, but, after sitting on the bike for 5 mins, the instructor never showed. it was than 15 pass the start time. i put my bike back and left. it's ok, the set hurt my behind anyway. LOL.

lindsey....that river walk sounds great. we have water parks here, but cost $20 to get in. great idea.
    kristen...yea, for workout out your stress/anger. as we know if we eat it, it will come back to bite us and no one else.
    baha...the babys room is so cute. interesting stuff on the tea. i had found a coffee at biglots that had something similar in it. getting it next week.
    amypyr..welcome back, busy little bee you have been.

ok, i know there are many people i didn't address. i have read your posts and think of you often. in fact this whole group is on my mind when i eat.
    someone is have an anniversary today kristen and some one else. congrats. make time for yourselves. remember the beginning. my DH remembers what i was wearing when he proposed. i don't LOL. as long as i looked good. LOL.

well off to get some stuff done and than lunch.

later
  • aprilcan
    aprilcan Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi all! I am April. I am married to my high school sweetheart, have two sons ages 8 and 5. I work as a dental hygienist 2 days/week and the rest of the time, I am running my boys to soccer, baseball, etc!! Life is good. I love so many things about my life! My frustration lies in the fact that I can be so motivated to do most anything in my life, but when it comes to weight - well, that's another story!! Isn't that frustrating? I REALLY want to lose weight and start off with the greatest intentions, but for some reason it's that one thing that I keep failing at. ... ugh....
    I am really happy I am a part of this group..Thanks for letting me join:) I keep thinking I will be weighing in on TUesday, and that has kept me motivated yesterday. I have a hard time staying in my calorie allowance. I totally know what to do, what to eat, but I get so hungry!! (I am sure some of that is pure cravings). So....that is a little about me....I look forward to this 6 weeks!!!
    April
  • momieof2
    momieof2 Posts: 98
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am a newbie and I have been over weight most of my adult life. I am married and we have been together for 17 years, half my life. We have 2 beautiful boys, our oldest is 9 years old and our youngest just turned 2 yesterday! :smile: I need all the support I can get. I do really good for the first couple of weeks and all it takes is one day to get me off track for about a month. Then I do it all over again. I NEED this to stop!!! I am starting Slim in 6 tonight. Has anyone tried that? I am so determinded to make it this time!!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm here. MIA last week on vacation. No cell service, no internet, no tv. Closest city was 30 miles away. It was heaven on a river.

I haven't truly weighed in. I peeked and think I gained about 5 lbs on vacation. Oh well. I might weigh in tomorrow. Might wait until next Tuesday. While I'm in no hurry to check my weight, I'm eating right today.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
    1. Married my high school sweetheart. He was my best friend until Army training broke him in two and he turned into a mean, cold stranger. Dealt with that for 8 years. Divorced as of June 28th, 2010!!!

2. One darling diva daughter, will be 5 in a month. Time flies!

3. Been 20-30 lbs from goal weight for a year or two. Dealing with a separation and child custody issues has derailed my focus. Once life settles in the custody area, I'll be able to buckle down, I think.

4. I'm 29. Gemini. Love sun. Love water. Love clothes hanging on a line, smelling of sunshine. I love orange. I love taking photos. I want to sew dresses for my daughter and I but don't know how to follow a pattern. I love to read but never manage to take time for myself. I'm addicted to Facebook and bargain shopping. I want to run a 5k by the end of 2010 but stress has led to more smoking, not more running, which is *just kinda* counterproductive in 5k training. I love pop music and songs with a beat. I have recently gotten over my fear of ladybugs and fireflies. I rode a unicycle in elementary school. I'd prefer to be barefoot but settle for flip flops when I can get away with it. I believe in being honest, ethical, moral, and holding true to high character. I believe actions speak louder than words. I believe a silver lining can be found in every dark situation, although sometimes we don't want to see the silver lining (which is fine). I believe in taking time for pity parties, but using that emotion to fuel desire for change and creating action in your life to make the change. I have a phoenix tattoo on my back to remind me that I went through hell, but arose from those ashes, beautiful and reborn, flying high over the shattered wasteland of my past. I am unapologetically me.

And that was fun to write :tongue:
  • izzypup
    Options
    That was beautiful Lauryn! I read the other day that when we learn to accept our imperfections and that we are imperfect then life becomes easier, better, more comfortable..... and that is when we can really live. Just to say I am imperfect and I do things wrong is like a soul cleansing. You have gone through a ton and still are here and great. Wonderful!

Good morning everyone. For the past 15 plus yrs I have had troubles sleeping through the nite. This past week this has changed. I am sleeping! YEA! I feel great and relaxed and I don't have as much anxiety.

Amy- Wyatts room is sooo cute. Next week I am helping a friend repaint her sons room. It was a jungle theme as well. Her son is 21 and off in college so she figured it was time to change it! LOL

Good to hear from everyone this morning.... Off to work around my house. FUN!!!!!

Sandy