Questions for the Coffee Drinkers....

Options
1234568»

Replies

• andukin
    andukin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've started making my own coffee syrups which is lower in calories and doesn't have any of the other additives, like coloring, preservatives, etc. and is waaay cheaper. I also use Madhava Coconut Sugar which has natural nutrients in it like magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, Vit B, and amino acids. And this sugar has a caramelized maple flavor so I don't have to use as much to get flavoring. Use equal parts water and coconut sugar, boil for 5 minutes. Add a split vanilla bean at beginning for amazing flavor. This is 30 calories per tablesoon or I add Frangelico liquor with 1 minute remaining to burn off the liquor, for a hazelnut syrup-that does up the calories to about 40 per tablespoon so use hazelnut extract if u want to avoid extra calories. Store it in fridge for up to 2 months. It is SO good! Off course I always do add half n half, 2-4T depending on the day and it is so worth it cuz I need my coffee therapy every morning.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have drank coffee every day for like 5 years. I use cream and sugar. I have lost 45 lbs since I decided to start tracking and watching what I ate. I always made coffee fit into my daily calories.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself to cutting down to half a gallon a day (32oz) lol. I lost 1.1lbs every week without fail against my goal of 1lb a week for 11 weeks with MFP drinking ~45ish oz a day. I then lost another 13lbs without counting calories and definitely drinking the coffee and tea.

I drink it black. It's low cal, tastes rich and good, and gives me energy. I believe that it cuts my appetite.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have continued to drink coffee since I started getting serious about losing weight. I drink about 2-3 cups a day, and use sugar-free creamer and calorie-free sweetener. I have still lost weight. Just avoid the calorie heavy lattes and stuff.

This

Coffee isn't the issue with coffee drinks - it's the lattes and mochas & whipped toppings haha

I use coffee mate pure bliss creamer - I can read all the ingredients and it's 20cals per serving
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Drinking it with the protein powder is interesting! I might have to try that with my vanilla whey powder. Thanks!

Best way to keep it from being lumpy is to add a bit of milk or cream to the powder, stir it well, mush the lumps out, and then slowly add the hot coffee and stir stir stir.

OR make the protein shake with milk (whichever variety you prefer) and adding instant coffee & ice for an "Iced Chocolate Mocha" haha
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day. It has nothing to do with my weight loss. Been drinking 1 to 2 cups of regular with 1 equal and non-fat half and half for 25 years.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Coffee is health food. It is an antioxidant and has been shown to reduce a woman's risk of breast cancer.